+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift Deed

gunkreet

May 30, 2018
Hi,
I am in US and my father is making a gift deed in India for me and transferring the funds to me.. Now that I won't in the India to accept the gift deed, how will I sign on the document before getting it notarized?

Someone please help me understand the process of getting the document notarized without me being present in India to sign on it.

Thank You.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi,
I am in US and my father is making a gift deed in India for me and transferring the funds to me.. Now that I won't in the India to accept the gift deed, how will I sign on the document before getting it notarized?

Someone please help me understand the process of getting the document notarized without me being present in India to sign on it.

Thank You.
as a receiver of the gift, your sign is not needed.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You don’t need to notarize the gift deed. Even if you want to sign it you can ask your father to send you gift deed with his sign. Take a print out of the signed gift deed and sign yourself and scan again. I’ve signed many lease documents here in USA that way when owner has been in a different city. It’s still a valid document.

Reactions: hamgha