+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
When I was only receiving ghost updates, I was obsessed with trying to understand what these mean. Am I closer to PPR? DM? PreA? I know no one knows for sure, but knowing that other people have experienced ghost updates and get PPR helps ease anxieties a bit.
To add to that - for us, we interpret the ghost updates as someone had opened the file and had worked on it that day. It gave us a bit of peace of mind seeing the updates, thinking at least somebody is looking at it.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
To add to that - for us, we interpret the ghost updates as someone had opened the file and had worked on it that day. It gave us a bit of peace of mind seeing the updates, thinking at least somebody is looking at it.
Exactly correct. It is an indication of how often the analysts and assigned officer is actively working on your file. There are many areas that are updated that people do not have access to or see. The ghost updates provide reassurance that it is being worked on instead of sitting dormant.

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
When I was only receiving ghost updates, I was obsessed with trying to understand what these mean. Am I closer to PPR? DM? PreA? I know no one knows for sure, but knowing that other people have experienced ghost updates and get PPR helps ease anxieties a bit.
I think those ghost updates mean someone’s working on your file. I got 3 ghost updates prior to getting AOR 2 almost three days in a row and I was very curious to know what they meant at the time. When I got the GCMS notes I saw the officer had written notes in one of those dates. I also got PPR very shortly after the frequent ghost updates stopped. In my opinion frequent ghost updates equal security phase. I think someone else in this forum even confirmed it with IRCC. That’s why I posted all my ghost updates, hoping this helps other people, cause I know how painful the wait is :)

On the other hand though, it’s very weird but my tracker has not been updated at all with the status of my application. Even after getting decision made, pre arrival and PPR my eligibility shows as in progress and background is not started - so they may update those statuses manually and some VOs don’t seem to bother doing that.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Question for all: Dec 29, 2021 outland applicant.

I just called my MP's office who was to do a follow-up with IRCC and they told me the following:

- Sponsor Eligibility was passed
- PA eligibility and security (background check) have not started

My ghost updates were frequent (2-5) per week in August and September and have quiet down since then (4 in all of October and 5 in November and just 1 thus far in December).

Is this normal? That they haven't even begun his eligibility and security? For 12 months??? His eligibility status was updated to 'in process' on Monday. To add fuel to this fire: he still hasn't done his medical yet. All while other applicants who have applied in 2022 have received their PPR from the same VO... We don't have any dependant child in the application.

I know that no one works for IRCC here but I'm discouraged about this update...

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020

I just called my MP's office who was to do a follow-up with IRCC and they told me the following:

My ghost updates were frequent (2-5) per week in August and September and have quiet down since then (4 in all of October and 5 in November and just 1 thus far in December).

Is this normal? That they haven't even begun his eligibility and security? For 12 months??? His eligibility status was updated to 'in process' on Monday. To add fuel to this fire: he still hasn't done his medical yet. All while other applicants who have applied in 2022 have received their PPR from the same VO... We don't have any dependant child in the application.

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM

Hello there, the good news is if his eligibility has been updated to "in process," then they have started working on his file. The bad news is, there's no timeline for when they may complete this step - in my case, it took almost 7 months of dead silence - some take less, some longer. The best solution for you at this time would be to order GCMS notes. I also suggest contacting your VO directly to ask for updates (not the MP, apparently IRCC "doesn't have access" to files overseas so they don't know what's going on)...I think a little nudge helps them at least check your file to get back to you. We had our last straw with our VO three days ago, and we sent another email asking for updates. They replied with PPR.
Lastly, I've seen cases where they ask for medicals right before PPR - hope this is the case for you!. However, I strongly suggest you order GCMS notes to see what's going on. If you have already and it's not come yet, send complaints until they provide you with them.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
We are Feb 2021 applicants. We have everything passed, including pre-arrival, since July 2021. We finally heard something about our file for the first time in 17 months. We have an interview with the CBSA (I don't know why). Don't give up, but do use your MP. I knew, from GCMS notes that my file was with the CBSA. In November I randomly started trying to find contacts at a CBSA office and gave it to my MP. One week after she called them we got called for an interview. Conincedence? I don't think so. Unfortunately you have to fight with every inch of your soul to get any answers. It is draining and depressing. It will take me a very long time to get over this process once, or if, we ever get PR.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hello there, the good news is if his eligibility has been updated to "in process," then they have started working on his file. The bad news is, there's no timeline for when they may complete this step - in my case, it took almost 7 months of dead silence - some take less, some longer. The best solution for you at this time would be to order GCMS notes. I also suggest contacting your VO directly to ask for updates (not the MP, apparently IRCC "doesn't have access" to files overseas so they don't know what's going on)...I think a little nudge helps them at least check your file to get back to you. We had our last straw with our VO three days ago, and we sent another email asking for updates. They replied with PPR.
Lastly, I've seen cases where they ask for medicals right before PPR - hope this is the case for you!. However, I strongly suggest you order GCMS notes to see what's going on. If you have already and it's not come yet, send complaints until they provide you with them.
Thanks for the pointers. I did in fact order my notes since September and still waiting. I've already filed a complaint with the IOC and they have opened my file there. As for my VO, I email and webform them every week but they don't send a word! So I'm really down... Like when will I also write a completion post like the rest?

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for the pointers. I did in fact order my notes since September and still waiting. I've already filed a complaint with the IOC and they have opened my file there. As for my VO, I email and webform them every week but they don't send a word! So I'm really down... Like when will I also write a completion post like the rest?
I am STILL waiting for GCMS notes ordered in July and CBSA notes ordered in June. Also filed a complaint.

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
I feel your pain. The wait is excruciating, especially when VOs are sluggish and not transparent like this. I saw this post somewhere on facebook where this person reached out to some high commissioner for the GCMS notes and he received them 3 hours later. Maybe you can try reaching out too? I will find the info in a minute

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
https://opengovca.com/employee/tracy-perry

• Love
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus