+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
ankitmadeshiya007 said:
Hello Everyone,

I went through this entire thread. Really insightful comments. I received my APR on 31st January under CEC. I was planning to get married in somewhere fall this year (Sep-Dec 2017). Based on the timeline, I might receive my PPR anywhere from May-August (touchwood). I was wondering if I inform CIC about my plans to get married in few months after PPR request, will they entertain my request? Or would I be allowed only one month within that period I will have to get married and complete all the docuemntation? As per my status, I am currently work on my PGWP in Canada. Thanks for all your inputs. I really appreciate your valuable advice.
You can get married anytime after eAPR and before landing. If you get married after the visa is stamped onto your passport, CIC will ask for your passport to be returned since your visa will no longer be valid. They will issue you a new visa along with your spouse. The only disadvantage with this is that CIC can take a long time to process your spouse's application. During this time, you will not have your passport with you and this may affect your travel plans.

Jan 21, 2016
So lets say if I get PPR in May and I ask them I plan to get married in September. Will that be fine with them since they require you to submit passport within 1 month? I dont want to send my passport to get it stamped before I get married.

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankitmadeshiya007 said:
Hello Everyone,

I went through this entire thread. Really insightful comments. I received my APR on 31st January under CEC. I was planning to get married in somewhere fall this year (Sep-Dec 2017). Based on the timeline, I might receive my PPR anywhere from May-August (touchwood). I was wondering if I inform CIC about my plans to get married in few months after PPR request, will they entertain my request? Or would I be allowed only one month within that period I will have to get married and complete all the docuemntation? As per my status, I am currently work on my PGWP in Canada. Thanks for all your inputs. I really appreciate your valuable advice.
My advice would be to shift your wedding backward and do it before PPR. Informing CIC of your plans to get married holds no water, however telling them u are married is more reasonable and would prompt an action.
On the other hand you can get your PR and file for your spouse but know it would take about 2 years to complete. In my opinion its easier to shift your wedding back a few months and get PR for you and your spouse, than filling for your spouse and having to wait for two years.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Managerchap said:
My advice would be to shift your wedding backward and do it before PPR. Informing CIC of your plans to get married holds no water, however telling them u are married is more reasonable and would prompt an action.
On the other hand you can get your PR and file for your spouse but know it would take about 2 years to complete. In my opinion its easier to shift your wedding back a few months and get PR for you and your spouse, than filling for your spouse and having to wait for two years.

Had a question.
My AOR is 14th Jan 2016 CEC inland. Normally for Inlands, we do not provide proof of funds. I have read all the notes on this thread however I am wondering if I plan to get married between July and September 2017 hopefully before PPR. Do I need to provide POF? I am currently not working and here (in Canada) on a visitor record as PGWP expired before ITA. kindly advise.

As per the thread these are the documents and items to prepare for spouse let me know if i missed anything
-Medicals
-Police Certificate
-Schedule A
-Travel History
-Marriage Certificate
-Proof of Funds **
-RPR (Right of Permanent Residence Fees 490$)
-Birth Certificate

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I notified IRCC of my wedding two weeks ago, and till now no response. Can someone please advice me on how else to reach IRCC or do I just wait ? I notified them by sending a CSE

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Managerchap said:
Guys I notified IRCC of my wedding two weeks ago, and till now no response. Can someone please advice me on how else to reach IRCC or do I just wait ? I notified them by sending a CSE
You should have emailed CPC Ottawa. I received a response the following day after notifying them.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Managerchap said:
Kindly provide their email address

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

May I ask, is Ottawa your VO?

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Managerchap said:
I expect my VO to be Accra should I still send the email ??
I don't think so. Don't worry your file will be updated and will then receive the spouse kit in no time. You just have to wait.
Good luck

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi everyone,
I am an OINP nominated and have already applied on 22nd jan. I am planning to marry anytime around may and then planning to apply for him as well. The problem is , it will just be a simple wedding with only few friends and family. I want to make sure that it would not be a reason to suspect our marriage as fake right??? Do they expect pictures of grand celebrations???
As proof i am planning to send them our pictures of us dating since a long time.

One more thing, how do you know your VO because i will need them to inform about my marriage

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aroonabi said:
Hi everyone,
I am an OINP nominated and have already applied on 22nd jan. I am planning to marry anytime around may and then planning to apply for him as well. The problem is , it will just be a simple wedding with only few friends and family. I want to make sure that it would not be a reason to suspect our marriage as fake right??? Do they expect pictures of grand celebrations???
As proof i am planning to send them our pictures of us dating since a long time.

One more thing, how do you know your VO because i will need them to inform about my marriage
What you need is your Marriage certificate, grand ceremony or not! The most important document is your authentic marriage certificate

Dolly Dhikker

Jan 5, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My Name is Dolly
Gender-Female

Need urgent help.. please please reply
I read all concerns, i have same issue, please suggest.

I got message to submit My Passport & photographs to VO office delhi on 27.02.2014 (30 days time), i got married on 14.02.2017 and in process of gathering required documents of my spouse. Yesterday on 27.02.2017 , i sent email to Delhi VO office regarding the change of my circumstances & ask for advise on required documents(no reply yet from VO Delhi). Further i also informed though IRCC web form-Delhi about my marriage and mentioned following:

1. Marriage certificate: will receive within couple of days
2. Medical of spouse: 1st week of march 2017
3 .POF:1st week of march 2017
4 .PCC: expected on 27.03.2017

I will be able to gather all above first three documents upto 11.03.2017 except PCC

Now i am worried for following:

1. I have no reply from VO office delhi yet, should i inform through IRCC web form Ottawab after getting my Marriage certificate & upload in Case specific inquiry, or i should wait for the reply from Delhi VO?
2. if i dont get reply, i could submit all my documents to VO delhi except PCC of my spouse(I will have the request letter for applying PCC of spouse), do i need to submit my spouse Passport & Photographs along with??(as 30 days time is there to submit my passport)
3. please suggest best possible solution, I am blank at this point..

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hi everyone,
I got married on march 1 and notified IRCC about status change via CSE! Today morning, I received PPR! I emailed cpc Ottawa about my status change! I have all the documents expect the medicals which is scheduled to happen on 20 march in India. How long should I wait for the process?