+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get home country passport back after becoming PR

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Dear Forum Members,
I applied for asylum from Kitchener, Ontario, and I recently received the second portal email. I hope to receive my eCoPR and PR soon. After obtaining my PR, I would like to retrieve my home country passport from IRCC.
Could anyone provide guidance on how to proceed with this? Any advice or information on the process would be greatly appreciated.

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
Dear Forum Members,
I applied for asylum from Kitchener, Ontario, and I recently received the second portal email. I hope to receive my eCoPR and PR soon. After obtaining my PR, I would like to retrieve my home country passport from IRCC.
Could anyone provide guidance on how to proceed with this? Any advice or information on the process would be greatly appreciated.
can you share your timelines please

Canadalb123

Oct 9, 2024
Hi I received a notice for Seized Document Release , (they seized my home country passport when I claimed refugee status)
Stating that they’re asking me to go pick up my passport based on my request.Although I never requested to have those returned neither the lawyers office.
Any idea?
Thanks.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi I received a notice for Seized Document Release , (they seized my home country passport when I claimed refugee status)
Stating that they’re asking me to go pick up my passport based on my request.Although I never requested to have those returned neither the lawyers office.
Any idea?
Thanks.
you should just go pick it up