+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic Application Form

SandySpence

Nov 6, 2018
We are having great difficulty in obtaining complete birth certificates for 2 of my husband's children as they do not list him as the father and their mother is not being overly cooperative. Can we list only the names of the children that we have complete information for? (I understand this means we will not be able to bring the other children at a later date.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We are having great difficulty in obtaining complete birth certificates for 2 of my husband's children as they do not list him as the father and their mother is not being overly cooperative. Can we list only the names of the children that we have complete information for? (I understand this means we will not be able to bring the other children at a later date.)
Not declaring the children is misrepresentation. If found out, it would result in the app being refused and your husband likely being banned from Canada.

Does the mother have sole custody?

SandySpence

Nov 6, 2018
There is no formal custody arrangement, but while he is working in Canada, yes, she has sole custody.

To clarify, we would list the children in the Additional Family Information (Form 5406), but was wondering if we are obligated to include them as "non-accompanying" on the Application.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
They are the primary applicant's children, and they are non-accompanying. The reason why you need to list them there, and as that, relates to the possibility of sponsoring dependents to Canada.

SandySpence

Nov 6, 2018
They are the primary applicant's children, and they are non-accompanying. The reason why you need to list them there, and as that, relates to the possibility of sponsoring dependents to Canada.
Thank you for the quick response. I understand that they are listed for the possibility of them coming to Canada in the future. Hypothetically speaking, are we able to exclude them on the Application (but listed on the Additional Family Information form)? I understand that there would then be no possibility of them coming to Canada in the future.

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
I think you may need to ring cic too ask what to do since he is not listed and there is no proof of him being thier father

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no formal custody arrangement, but while he is working in Canada, yes, she has sole custody.

To clarify, we would list the children in the Additional Family Information (Form 5406), but was wondering if we are obligated to include them as "non-accompanying" on the Application.
Even as non-accompanying, they are still included in the application and require a medical.

To exclude them from the application, your husband must show that he tried to get their medicals done and that the mother refused. He must get a notarized declaration stating that he understands that the children will be excluded from the Family Class and never be able to be sponsored. IRCC does not like excluding dependents, so there may be delays while they continue to request the children be included. He should be doing everything he can to include the children.