No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Scenario:
If someone is waiting for citizenship approval (e.g. after submitting citizenship application / receiving AOR and waiting for approval which I believe is the key waiting /painful area starting from several months to year + in some cases).

My questions are below:
  • In that case can he/she travel on existing passport ?
  • Can he/she travel after successful decision received by mail, but before citizen ceremony held or you guys think by that time you must have acknowledged /signed to get existing passport cancelled or surrendered
  • or when can some one be safely travel on existing password

Lutster

Dec 19, 2017
I have a question on the application itself if anyone can pls advise me on it.

Question 11 says to state what we'very been doing during our eligibility period, and then it asks for where we were located when studying/working

If I was studying at an institution for some time, should I put the address of the institution or the address of where I lived at the time?

Pls help me on this, this is the last thing that's confusing me. Thank you!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question on the application itself if anyone can pls advise me on it.

Question 11 says to state what we'very been doing during our eligibility period, and then it asks for where we were located when studying/working

If I was studying at an institution for some time, should I put the address of the institution or the address of where I lived at the time?

Pls help me on this, this is the last thing that's confusing me. Thank you!
The address of the institute.

vriz

Oct 4, 2017
Can anyone provide some information about the following sections of the Citizenship application for adults?

Section 9c: Do we have to fill residence outside of Canada form because the form says if you select yes you fill that form although it is for people who claim physical presence days while accompanying their spouse employed outside canada in the armed forces or federal or provincial govt of canada? I was in US for a year and a half but was employed as a locally engaged person so i can't claim those days.

Section 10A: Do I have to write the dates and addresses of all places even when I was on vacations and visiting family outside Canada? I never used those address as I didn't set up residence there and was just visiting.

Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
For section 9c, this is a grey area... Some just put no, some put yes and n.a. in all the parts of the additional document, some put yes and an explanation letter saying the document doesn't apply to them. If you want to be extra safe : put yes, add a letter explaining that you're not claiming any day outside the country, and fill the document with not applicable everywhere.

For your address history, only put the addresses where you were living, a vacation doesn't qualify and is already covered by the physical presence calculator anyway.

Good luck!

Reactions: dpenabill