+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi everybody,
I and my husband (PA) have been on SS since September 21, 2018. Last Thursday (almost 7 months after SS started) he had a ghost update, and we were once again optimistic. However, when he called IRCC today, the agent said nothing has changed and background check is still in progress. I don’t understand what could cause the ghost update. Any thoughts?
It could also mean file transferred between CBSA and IRCC.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for quick reply. I'm a little bit confused why the agent couldn't see any movement on the application after ghost update.
The only reason I can think of is that file has been received by IRCC from CBSA but the officer still has to review and post his confirmation about the SS being completed.

TashaZH

May 3, 2018
The only reason I can think of is that file has been received by IRCC from CBSA but the officer still has to review and post his confirmation about the SS being completed.
I hope it won't take too much time. Anyway the only thing we can do is to wait. The best things in life come with patience. Thanks)

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
In queue for what??
If you ask me, it is stuck in queue of laziness.

Each office has a registerar who distributes the files to correct department or officer. It's possible that the registerar hasn't assigned it to anyone yet (unlikely but possible) or the officer inicharge hasn't reviewed it yet. None of this is surprising given the sheer amount of laziness from immigration system.

However, if you want to know exactly what is happening best to order GCMS notes.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you ask me, it is stuck in queue of laziness.

Each office has a registerar who distributes the files to correct department or officer. It's possible that the registerar hasn't assigned it to anyone yet (unlikely but possible) or the officer inicharge hasn't reviewed it yet. None of this is surprising given the sheer amount of laziness from immigration system.

However, if you want to know exactly what is happening best to order GCMS notes.
And what to do if your GCMS notes are not released?