FSWO candidates stuck at VO etobicoke

CeliaG

Jun 6, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hello,

We are a hundred or more applicants blocked from VO Montreal immigration and then transferred to VO Etobicoke without processing the most important parts of our files (Eligibility and security).
We wrote to the VO, the IRCC minister, journalists and made repeated calls, but nothing helped.

We always receive the same response, average processing time for FSW: 26 months but the document received post AOR says 6 months processing except complexe applications. How can IRCC claim that our files are complicated since our eligibility and security never started?

However, quite a few of us have ordered the CBSA and GCMS notes and find that once you get past step R10; cases are not processed.

By what legal means can we assert our right to file processing since we have paid the costs for this?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

We are a hundred or more applicants blocked from VO Montreal immigration and then transferred to VO Etobicoke without processing the most important parts of our files (Eligibility and security).
We wrote to the VO, the IRCC minister, journalists and made repeated calls, but nothing helped.

We always receive the same response, average processing time for FSW: 26 months but the document received post AOR says 6 months processing except complexe applications. How can IRCC claim that our files are complicated since our eligibility and security never started?

However, quite a few of us have ordered the CBSA and GCMS notes and find that once you get past step R10; cases are not processed.

By what legal means can we assert our right to file processing since we have paid the costs for this?

Thanks for any help.
Hire a lawyer and do a writ of mandamus.

EDIT: But this only has a chance of being effective if you have been waiting longer than the posted processing time which is currently 26 months. Otherwise this is almost certainly a waste of money.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

Thanks for any help.
How many of you are out there? You seem to be October AOR. Do you have evidence that 80% SLAs are not being met with your AOR cohorts? Are you sure that you don't belong to those 20% who will not be processed in SLA time?

nabil88

Jun 6, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am also at vo etobicoke, aor December 5 2022, and since my transfer to etobicoke I have not received any updates, and this impacts my life, I understand that these steps are long and sometimes complicated, what I can not understand are the delays, while my file and those of all my friends are not being processed but simply waiting.

Reactions: CeliaG and Floreen

Floreen

Jun 6, 2023
Same, Federal Skilled Worker Outland stuck in Etobicoke.
AOR 3 nov 2022. No news, Eligibility not started, Security not started.

1st call 2023/01/03 : VO Montreal, Criminality and info sharing completed.

Then I was transferred to Etobicoke by the end of January and since then, this is the desert, silence...

I can't even receive my GCMS notes, they don't send them for months either....

To be honest, I feel stuck with a file lost in the limbo, left alone in the dark by the administration. This endless wait without any explanation is weighing heavily on my mental health, causing a lot of anxiety and distress and an increasing feeling of injustice :(.

Leaderwilly

Jun 6, 2023
Hello, my file is also processed at Visa Office Etobicoke. I'm AOR November 24, 2022. Let's reflect and think on what we can do so that are files be processed.
I was think to withdraw my application and try with Arrima to settle in Québec. What can you give me as advices? Will that be of help?

Aur2020

Jun 6, 2023
HI,
I'm Aor November 24th, 2022. My file was previously in Montreal Visa office,
Early February 2023, I got to know that it has been transferred to Etobicoke Visa office, and ever since... no news, and apparently, my file has not been worked on since that time.
I'm very worried and confused and really don't know what to do at this point.
The waiting is exhausting and depressing
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Au

Lola bronde

Jun 6, 2023
B Bonjour mon dossier est également bloqué au bureau d'Etobicoke.
Je suis le 15 novembre et depuis le 31 janvier date de transfert de mon dossier dans ce bureau, le dossier n'a jamais été ouvert comme pour bien d'autres candidats qui sont dans le même bureau.
cette situation est épuisante car nous voyons plusieurs autres bureau délivrer des ppr en maximum 3 mois pour la plupart.
NNous avons pourtant payé des frais de traitement et nous avons tort d'être marginalisés.
je Canada a annoncé dernièrement qu'ils ont recherché des candidats francophones, nous sommes tous des francophones dans ce vo mais abandonnés et sans aucune lueur d'espoir d'avoir nos ppr avant expiration de nos visites médicales.
Svp aidez-nous à faire entendre notre voix.
merci

Reactions: CeliaG and Floreen

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, my file is also processed at Visa Office Etobicoke. I'm AOR November 24, 2022. Let's reflect and think on what we can do so that are files be processed.
I was think to withdraw my application and try with Arrima to settle in Québec. What can you give me as advices? Will that be of help?
Historically Quebec's immigration processes have been an even bigger train wreck than the federal program. Very long processing times, canceled large volumes of application. I would personally not go with Quebec. But just my opinion.

hermina DTR

Jun 6, 2023
Hello,

Thanks for any help.
Bonsoir,
Je fais partie de ces personnes qui sont dans l'attente depuis 8 à 9 mois. Ça nous fait tellement mal d'être aussi marginalisé au VO ETOBICOKE qui n'arrête pas de nous rappeler que le délai pour notre type de demande est de 26 mois. Or j'ose croire que ce délai concerne le backlog de la période COVID. Si non, comment nous faire passer une visite médicale préalable qui a une validité de 12 mois pour ensuite nous faire croire que notre type de demande nécessite 26 mois de traitement. Nos vies sont en arrêt, nos états de santé sont en danger face au stress permanent. Nous n'en pouvons plus de cette situation. De grace www.canadavisa.com aidez nous a faire entendre notre inquiétude. Car malgré tout les appels et mails envoyés à Etobicoke et autres, nous n'avons reçu aucune suite. Pire les agents au téléphone continuent de nous dire que nos dossiers n'ont jamais été ouvert depuis leur transfert a Etobicoke. Merci d'avance pour votre bonne compréhension

hermina DTR

Jun 6, 2023
Bonsoir,
Je fais partie de ces personnes qui sont dans l'attente depuis 8 à 9 mois. Ça nous fait tellement mal d'être aussi marginalisé au VO ETOBICOKE qui n'arrête pas de nous rappeler que le délai pour notre type de demande est de 26 mois. Or j'ose croire que ce délai concerne le backlog de la période COVID. Si non, comment nous faire passer une visite médicale préalable qui a une validité de 12 mois pour ensuite nous faire croire que notre type de demande nécessite 26 mois de traitement. Nos vies sont en arrêt, nos états de santé sont en danger face au stress permanent. Nous n'en pouvons plus de cette situation. De grace www.canadavisa.com aidez nous a faire entendre notre inquiétude. Car malgré tout les appels et mails envoyés à Etobicoke et autres, nous n'avons reçu aucune suite. Pire les agents au téléphone continuent de nous dire que nos dossiers n'ont jamais été ouvert depuis leur transfert a Etobicoke. Merci d'avance pour votre bonne compréhension

Reactions: CeliaG and Ninouyas