+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
You cannot avoid adding your spouse. It doesn't matter they accompany you or not. The moment you get married and have the marriage certificate, you need to report it to IRCC. Better marry and add your spouse, so that you both get your COPR's at the same time (you are looking at 3-4 months extra processing times). If you add her later (after your COPR and completed your landing), you will be looking at a 1 year of processing time for yoru spouse. Also according to the Mandate letter, a Temp Visa may be created for spouses of PR's. But not sure if they will ever create that.
Emphasis on "have marriage certificate". Depending on resources available where one lives, i think this can be manipulated with best intentions... imagine getting married (with all rituals and traditions) --> not register marriage --> wait--> get ppr --> soft landing --> come back and register marriage --> apply spousal visa/pr ..... does this work ?? :confused:

Varah6021

Nov 11, 2020
Get married, apply for spousal sponsorship and wait. You can have both applications in progress, one will be automatically cancelled if the other is approved. Spousal sponsorship is a paper based application and processing time is very long (2+ years) so don't do anything to your EE application.
Thanks! Just another question: we can start living together in Canada once we get married, and can I get a work permit till these applications are in progress?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thanks! Just another question: we can start living together in Canada once we get married, and can I get a work permit till these applications are in progress?
From what I know, after you get married and submit your spousal PR application and somehow land in Canada on a visitor visa or some other visa, you can apply for an open work permit which you can keep extending until you get your PR. Spousal PR application can be applied from within Canada only and your spouse cannot leave Canada until the application is finalized.

If you are already in Canada or have some other visa to enter Canada, then get married, apply for spousal sponsorship and apply for OWP after that. If you are not in Canada, then your spouse needs to be physically present in Canada, apply for spouse PR and stay in Canada till the application is finalized, you will not get any work permit if you are outside of Canada and getting a visitor visa after getting married is pretty much impossible which is the worst part about sponsoring an outland spouse.

Not sure how your own express entry application will factor into all this.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
IRCC uses a queuing system that runs 24x7 to send PPR's and other communication so yes, some have received PPR on a Sunday that doesn't mean some VO was working on a Sunday.
Thanks so much. Haven't heard of the queuing system. New to me. Hope to receive the ppr soon. Almost given up.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Wasnt aware that PPRs may be sent on Sunday too.
Seriously. Until December IRCC sent out Pprs to fswo with Cor as India. Omicron hit and it was all paused. Did they pause india in their queuing? African VO Accra was sending out pprs. Wasnt that where omicron first came from ?

Such a whole load of rubbish. I've lost my peace of mind by guessing and waiting for this . Not to mention we aren't allowed to contact them via calls from outside Canada or US. I've called a gazillion times in the past year and never once got a response. I even had my friend in Canada conference me but they never answer. And webforms are a whole load of junk with automated responses for covid or afghans. Why take money upfront then? Just so done.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Seriously. Until December IRCC sent out Pprs to fswo with Cor as India. Omicron hit and it was all paused. Did they pause india in their queuing? African VO Accra was sending out pprs. Wasnt that where omicron first came from ?

Such a whole load of rubbish. I've lost my peace of mind by guessing and waiting for this . Not to mention we aren't allowed to contact them via calls from outside Canada or US. I've called a gazillion times in the past year and never once got a response. I even had my friend in Canada conference me but they never answer. And webforms are a whole load of junk with automated responses for covid or afghans. Why take money upfront then? Just so done.
I have seen few PPR's for COR India after Jan 4th from Sydney VO, one from NDVO also.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

Hey actually I had recently called them via TextNow and they answered queries regarding the status of the application.

Reactions: pk2711

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Hey actually I had recently called them via TextNow and they answered queries regarding the status of the application.
Can you share what they mentioned about their plans for ppr or next steps if it's ok? And can you share details of the day, time and number you called using textnow? I will call them in the coming week.