+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

doesn't Vancouver and Ontario have more STEM jobs?
For non-compsci/IT/software STEM, it's usually QC > ON > AB = BC. Compsci/IT/software have jobs everywhere. Remember that STEM isn't just compsci/IT/software; in fact, these probably only make up 5-10% of STEM occupations.

Experienced IT people are the only people outside canada who even have a shot at landing in the country now.
This. Your chances at landing a job in Canada as an outlander are next to zero if you're not in Compsci/IT/software.

D

Deleted member 1050918

One easy way to check this is to use keywords based on your experience on LinkedIn and read the job description.
Dude's asking "STEM jobs"; wonder if he has even the first idea how many occupations he'd be researching lol. I love how people who haven't even thought about how machines or electronics they use are made or seen an actual factory jump to the conclusion STEM = IT.

Put it this way folks;

IT = |||||
STEM = ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So you might have a good number of jobs in |||||, but Canada offers no chances to outlanders everyone in Canada in |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: he5ham

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Dude's asking "STEM jobs"; wonder if he has even the first idea how many occupations he'd be researching lol. I love how people who haven't even thought about how machines or electronics they use are made or seen an actual factory jump to the conclusion STEM = IT.

Put it this way folks;

IT = |||||
STEM = ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So you might have a good number of jobs in |||||, but Canada offers no chances to outlanders in |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.
Sorry Sir. Just my ignorance. So Quebec makes more money for Canada then. They cant afford to loose them?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Put it this way folks;

IT = |||||

So you might have a good number of jobs in |||||, but Canada offers no chances to outlanders in |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.
One thing we can agree upon is if you work in IT and are good at your job, you will probably be fine.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Put it this way folks;

IT = |||||

Any field other than IT most probably would need Canadian board certification or some sort of acknowledgement to even start looking into it, so yeah makes sense no outlanders can land a job in those fields.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Question for post AOR champs: My EE doc checklist doesn't ask for a copy of my WES ECA and IELTS results report. Is it because the EE app form asks for the IDs of ECA and IELTS? Should I append the scanned ECA and IELTS and append to one of the other docs or the LOE and send them anyway?

One thing we can agree upon is if you work in IT and are good at your job, you will probably be fine.
Indeed. Skilled Compsci/IT/software fellas have really good prospects in Canada, or really all around the globe. This still shouldn't shroud the fact that Canada is really a psuedo first world country when it comes to non-Compsci/IT/software STEM jobs.

Anything field other than IT most probably would need Canadian board certification or some sort of acknowledgement to even start looking into it, so yeah makes sense no outlanders can land a job in those fields.
Thanks for adding this. Definitely; most STEM occupations are regulated so outlanders don't even stand a chance. But you know, it's still not very bright after getting your designation. Canada lacks so far behind US and EU in STEM sadly.

Sorry Sir. Just my ignorance. So Quebec makes more money for Canada then. They cant afford to loose them?
No idea why. All I know is QC has a ton of STEM jobs (compared to the rest of Canada) but if you're not looking to omelette du fromage all your life then nope.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Obviously, it is the second largest province. I think Quebec acts like how UK was acting before leaving the EU, if they hold another referendum, I think they will be out. The federal government already gives a lot of concessions to Quebec because Quebec is a special snowflake of a province as they claim their distinct French culture which is vastly different from the rest of Canada.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Question for post AOR champs: My EE doc checklist doesn't ask for a copy of my WES ECA and IELTS results report. Is it because the EE app form asks for the IDs of ECA and IELTS? Should I append the scanned ECA and IELTS and append to one of the other docs or the LOE and send them anyway?
The checklist will ask for education documents, just combine ECA, education documents, and IELTS TRF into a single document and submit. I did this and didn't provide any LOE.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Indeed. Skilled Compsci/IT/software fellas have really good prospects in Canada, or really all around the globe. This still shouldn't shroud the fact that Canada is really a psuedo first world country when it comes to non-Compsci/IT/software STEM jobs.

Thanks for adding this. Definitely; most STEM occupations are regulated so outlanders don't even stand a chance. But you know, it's still not very bright after getting your designation. Canada lacks so far behind US and EU in STEM sadly.

No idea why. All I know is QC has a ton of STEM jobs (compared to the rest of Canada) but if you're not looking to omelette du fromage all your life then nope.
Yes there is no separate placeholder for those files, you can attach them to any other placeholders and submit or LOE but don't forget to add your unique numbers in the respective fields while submitting. I forgot to add my IELTS scanned copy but I have added my unique number so they cross checked with that and passed my eligibility.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Thanks chiefs. The IELTS number I'm supposed to provide is the one at the bottom right of the report right? That says "Test Report Form Number" eh?

Reactions: klausmike
Oct 17, 2021
I just hate people who look for ways to get into Canada and once inside, they forget the moral, ethical, and legal obligations that come with a PR.
That was just one guy who got caught. There are several who do this

It doesn't end there. It's interesting to see all the crazy stuff people do to get PR:
1) getting fake IELTS certificate
2) paying people to get NOC B job / LMIA job
3) running payrolls (fake jobs) by paying lawyers / agencies
4) coming here as visitors / students and claiming refugee status
5) getting married to someone by paying them to get PR etc etc. (I had met one guy who was claiming he had somehow went to UK by hiding in a truck, worked there for 10 years on cash, then got caught and deported. After that he paid a girl who's a PR in Canada to get married and get PR)

In knew such people exist everywhere. But didnt know there are so many such people till I came to Canada

Reactions: Psyoptica

Skey

Aug 3, 2021
For non-compsci/IT/software STEM, it's usually QC > ON > AB = BC. Compsci/IT/software have jobs everywhere. Remember that STEM isn't just compsci/IT/software; in fact, these probably only make up 5-10% of STEM occupations.

This. Your chances at landing a job in Canada as an outlander are next to zero if you're not in Compsci/IT/software.
I highly disagree, getting a job in Canada depends on your qualification. I have seen many chartered Accountants who got their CPA Canada in their home country or after going there are now working at Director level positions.

Improve your skillset and get either US or Canadian certifications in order to ensure your financial success in Canada.