Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Don’t wait. FSWO application is IRCC’s absolute LOWEST priority. It’s been 10 months since I lodged my PR application and my file is not even close to finalizing. Realized IRCC’s incompetence in June, I applied for the OWP in July and was able to land a job in Aug while still living in hk. Now I’m just waiting for my new position to commence in about two weeks. Life is good. After a year with the company, I’ll become a PR under hk pathway. I would not be surprise if I get my PR under hk pathway before my FSWO application is finalized. My theory is, if you can skip the line, use it to your full advantage.
How did you go about applying for OWP?

3L1C

Jul 26, 2021
Don’t wait. FSWO application is IRCC’s absolute LOWEST priority. It’s been 10 months since I lodged my PR application and my file is not even close to finalizing. Realized IRCC’s incompetence in June, I applied for the OWP in July and was able to land a job in Aug while still living in hk. Now I’m just waiting for my new position to commence in about two weeks. Life is good. After a year with the company, I’ll become a PR under hk pathway. I would not be surprise if I get my PR under hk pathway before my FSWO application is finalized. My theory is, if you can skip the line, use it to your full advantage.
Congratulations! Best wishes for your new life in Canada.

I can't leave HK yet because of some personal reasons, that's why I'll wait till early next year. But yeh, i get your point. HK pathway is indeed way more efficient. I'm glad that we have this option. I can't imagine how much more stressed I could get without this plan B on hand.

Reactions: mark12345680

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
My salute to all those who have been waiting for more than an year..!

Being an outland applicant with aor July 2021, I have already started to get anxiety attacks because of no update.. :-D
I would recommend that you stay away from IRCC website, this forum, facebook groups and anything IRCC related till Jan 2022. Check trends in Jan and make an estimate from then. Snap out of this and do something else. Its really unhealthy being here.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
  • Sad
Reactions: RSub