Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Yes, I used that site for my family's study permits apps and also for our PR applications. No problem at all. They are cheap and worth every $.
Thanks for the confirmation!! It really saves a lot of headaches hahaha.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hello guys,

Hope you all doing well! I will do a soft landing end of July (for 1.5month).

Does anyone has a "checkliste" for everything needed to go through customs and first day of arrival?
We're landing on Sunday, exactly 1 week from now :)
So far we have:
  • Passports
  • CoPRs
  • PoF
  • Personal Effects Accounting Document + Good to Follow
  • Documents for our cats (rabies vaccination etc.)

Also hard copies of:
  • Details of our AirBnB
  • References (landlord, work)
  • Proof of no claims bonus (car insurance)

Things to sort out in the first few days:
  • SIN
  • Service BC card
  • Bank account
  • Mobile phone plan
  • BC driving licence
  • Arrange UPS post box to get mail while we are in AirBnB
  • Get a massive glass of wine/beer/champagne/whatever once we're safe and sound in our AirBnB.
  • Enjoy Vancouver and surrounding areas as much as possible ;)

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
So far we have:
  • Passports
  • CoPRs
  • PoF

Also hard copies of:
  • Details of our AirBnB

• SIN
  • Service BC card
  • Bank account
  • Mobile phone plan
  • BC driving licence
  • Get a massive glass of wine/beer/champagne/whatever once we're safe and sound in our AirBnB.
Hey,

Thanks for your answer.

I am so glad for you! Hope you enjoy your settling time there! Best wishes

Reactions: AndyUK

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
So far we have:
  • Passports
  • CoPRs
  • PoF

Also hard copies of:
  • Details of our AirBnB

• SIN
  • Service BC card
  • Bank account
  • Mobile phone plan
  • BC driving licence
Great list.
Just to add: you might wanna purchase travel insurance for 1 or 2 months, to cover any health issues that might arise in the interim while you wait for your provincial cover to kick in.
I'm so glad I did that back in 2021 when we came, cos my dare-devil son decided it was a great idea to jump off a bunk bed THE VERY NIGHT WE ARRIVED :rolleyes: !!!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
So far we have:
  • Passports
  • CoPRs
  • PoF

Also hard copies of:
  • Details of our AirBnB

• SIN
  • Service BC card
  • Bank account
  • Mobile phone plan
  • BC driving licence
Just to add, apply for MSP as soon as you can once you arrive (preferably before you visit ICBC and apply for BC Services Card)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol

Also you can add BC Identification Card to your list along with Services Card

EDIT : AFAIK, you wont be able to able for BC Services and BC Identification card using CoPR. so please check the requirements before you apply.

Last edited:

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Great list.
Just to add: you might wanna purchase travel insurance for 1 or 2 months, to cover any health issues that might arise in the interim while you wait for your provincial cover to kick in.
I'm so glad I did that back in 2021 when we came, cos my dare-devil son decided it was a great idea to jump off a bunk bed THE VERY NIGHT WE ARRIVED :rolleyes: !!!
Good point, forgot to include it. Yeah, it's 3 months in BC.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
EDIT : AFAIK, you wont be able to able for BC Services and BC Identification card using CoPR. so please check the requirements before you apply.
Thanks!

Hmm, I checked on the website and it indeed says that CoPR is not accepted. The primary ID has to be a PR card or a Canadian Record of Landing/Canadian Immigration Identification Record.... but from what I can see these documents are no longer being issued. When we land, we just get our CoPR signed, right? There's no other document we receive? Then we basically just have to wait for the PR card.

So this would mean that I can't apply for BC Services until I get my PR card, which can take months to be issued and delivered... that's a bit strange.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks!

Hmm, I checked on the website and it indeed says that CoPR is not accepted. The primary ID has to be a PR card or a Canadian Record of Landing/Canadian Immigration Identification Record.... but from what I can see these documents are no longer being issued. When we land, we just get our CoPR signed, right? There's no other document we receive? Then we basically just have to wait for the PR card.

So this would mean that I can't apply for BC Services until I get my PR card, which can take months to be issued and delivered... that's a bit strange.
Yep, that's right. Unfortunately in my case, IRCC took 10 months to ship my PR card, so it took me 10+ months before getting a BC services card. Once you get the PR card though, it's relatively quick, 2 weeks after visiting ICBC and the BC card should arrive.

EDIT: You can apply for MSP and Driver's License WITHOUT a PR card, you can use the CoPR, but they'll only give you a paper certificate (no photo) and no card, but you can use it when using health services, or while driving respectively.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yep, that's right. Unfortunately in my case, IRCC took 10 months to ship my PR card, so it took me 10+ months before getting a BC services card. Once you get the PR card though, it's relatively quick, 2 weeks after visiting ICBC and the BC card should arrive.

EDIT: You can apply for MSP and Driver's License WITHOUT a PR card, you can use the CoPR, but they'll only give you a paper certificate (no photo) and no card, but you can use it when using health services, or while driving respectively.
@AndyUK - right. You can apply for MSP using CoPR - https://my.gov.bc.ca/ahdc/msp-eligibility

Do that asap once you land, within 2-3 weeks you would receive a letter of approval which mentions your coverage start date and your PHN. Then as you receive your PR Card, you can visit ICBC office and apply for BC Services Card.

@Windsor37 - the paper certificate you mentioned is for card, which again ICBC will not issue using CoPR.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
@AndyUK - right. You can apply for MSP using CoPR - https://my.gov.bc.ca/ahdc/msp-eligibility

Do that asap once you land, within 2-3 weeks you would receive a letter of approval which mentions your coverage start date and your PHN. Then as you receive your PR Card, you can visit ICBC office and apply for BC Services Card.

@Windsor37 - the paper certificate you mentioned is for card, which again ICBC will not issue using CoPR.
They DO issue a paper certificate with a CoPR, they call it the "interim BC services card". I know because they issued me several times, once when I got my MSP, and one when I applied for a license.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
They DO issue a paper certificate with a CoPR, they call it the "interim BC services card". I know because they issued me several times, once when I got my MSP, and one when I applied for a license.
okay, they did not issue me. But good if they do :)