+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
One of my ex roommates, that guy was extremely smart but he couldn't handle small failures and stress because all his life he was successful, now he is depressed and an alcoholic. Moral of the story
"Alcohol is not a solution to the problem what ever it is"
And alcohol is a depressant, I am sure you know just a reminder.
I don't know about that... his problem seems to be he couldn't handle failure. His parents didn't prepare him for disappointment... which life is most of the time.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
First of, I'm an FSW Outland applicant much like everyone else in this particular thread. I'm no CEC, and apart from the AOR application fee, I have not paid a single cent in Canadian taxes or anything in Canada. Second, what I'm pointing out in particular is that CECs don't contribute just $160 a year, that just downplaying what they contribute to Canada overall. Thirdly, CECs already gets bonus points, which from my understanding is already the "preferential" treatment they get from the Canadian government. It's the CEC's fault the government prefers them, if you have something against direct it towards IRCC, and not the CEC folks.

Finally the statement "a lot of high skilled immigrants will bring tons of money" with them is just plain relative, a CEC candidate already working in Canada can have an average salary of CAD 45,000. Now, I have a master's degree, I'm designing microelectronic circuits used in very specialized applications, for an S&P400 company, and while my salary is far above the average than most people in my country, it's still less than half the of what the average CEC makes. So unless you're immigrating from a first-world country, don't assume that all high skilled immigrants have tons of money. You might have "lost" of money in the country your in, but when you go to Canada, it's probably just a few months allowance if your thrifty. But tons? If you have tons of money, why not just do a investor immigration to some other developed nation like Austria where they sell you citizenship (yes citizenship, not residency) for one small fee of 3,000,000 EUR.
You are saying most of them have education in Canada? In that case how will you explain that most of them are getting CRS below 430? What are you talking about lol And do not compare visa to Austria, UK, Ireland. If you want you can also invest in Canada or US if you are filthy rich I will repeat one more time. The amount of CEC draw was only caused by travel restrictions and covid ;) that’s it ;) there is no other reason. Do you think they would start doing so low CEC draws if there would be no pandemic? I will say one more thing.Their taxes and cash that they spent there is not an argument why they are getting selected.

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
You are saying most of them have education in Canada? In that case how will you explain that most of them are getting CRS below 430? What are you talking about lol And do not compare visa to Austria, UK, Ireland. If you want you can also invest in Canada or US if you are filthy rich I will repeat one more time. The amount of CEC draw was only caused by travel restrictions and covid ;) that’s it ;) there is no other reason. Do you think they would start doing so low CEC draws if there would be no pandemic? I will say one more thing.Their taxes and cash that they spent there is not an argument why they are getting selected.
You lost me here, my original reply was against someone saying that CEC applicants are merely contributing $160 a year. In which I pointed out, no their contribution is $20,000 plus any expenses they have on Canada since it contributes to the Canadian economy as a whole, and saying they only give $160 a year downplays their contribution.

In which you rebutted that well most high skilled FSW applicants have tons of cash that can buy houses within a year of living, in which I replied that it depends on where this FSW is coming from. If this FSW applicant is coming from the US, UK, then yeah maybe, but coming from less developed areas? you know countries with an average income of USD 3,000 per year and high-skilled laborer at probably USD 6,000 a year? Do you think those FSW would ever bring tons of money in Canada that can buy houses within a year of living?

And yeah just for the record, I agree with you on two parts. 1.) I agree that CEC isn't enough to meet the high-skilled labor demand of the country, and 2.) CEC are prioritized just because of the pandemic, and nothing else.

Reactions: dankboi

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Its more the question of covering one's posterior. Current govt is a minority one, past one too. If current administration allows immigrants from outside, that will be used as a stick to beat current administration. It will make them unpopular enough to be flipped out in 6 months or so. Which one looks worse?

Truedo allowed foreigner to visit Canada.
Truedo opened flood gates of immigration and brought uncontrolled disease in Canada.

Its a question of maintaining image and value signalling, IMHO. Image matters more than reality.
The only reason Australia stopped skilled immigration is because of public perception. There’s such strong public opposition to “flooding the country with immigrants” that both parties have been strongly vocal about cutting immigration.

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021

So I just checked this morning and this was updated as at Wednesday. Does this mean that 1CAD is 309naira? And can this rate be used for the POF?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
i doubt there will be a draw today. If they wanted they could have done that on tuesday.