+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
If you look at numbers. There are 1.2-1.5 mil tech workers in Canada. Top 90 percentile pool comes out to be ~100k - that leads < 10k top 90 percentile workers available per major tech category. That's an insanely low amount of talent available. Not to mention that anyone who's good will be poached by American companies.

There's an actual demand and a reason why STEM category should get a large draw. The talent discovery and hiring friction alone means that most employers would ask IRCC for access to foreign talent. Now it is upto IRCC to see whether they actually want to address these issues or whether they've set plans that they'll stick to.
I know this is going to sound super anti-immigration and extremely ironic but is the demand for exponentially growing jobs or is the demand to bring wages down for jobs that are already there and/or are growing slowly?

Canada is well known for shit wages, even for stem fields. Canadian universities are graduating a talent pool which majorly moves immediately to US.
Adding more immigrants to this further suppresses the already low wages and unfortunately this is a growing rhetoric now, because a lot of born and brought up Canadians work in these domains for high wages and high QOL.

Also, H1B people moving here would mess their American GC application big time, many are applying for all these streams as an extreme back up.
Some IT folks I know are happily ready to go back to India because (apparently) wages PPP wise are better than Canada and some folks are getting offers they can't no to from GCC.
Either way, waiting to see how this pans out.

Another question thar comes to my mind is that if US becomes a survival of fittest job market again, won't Canada end up inviting the rejects? Maybe a few brilliant people get laid off due to unavailable circumstances but majority I assume would get laid off based on quality/efficiency of work?

I don't know, way more aspects here that what meets the eye.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Ontario held a tech draw with CRS range of 458-462. Might be an indication for the next STEM draw I suppose. I am at 464 and missed out on this one. FML !! Don’t want to be stuck between OINP not coming up to 464 and EE not going down to 464 !!!

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
I wonder when the next draw will be.. hopefully there will be one today or tomorrow..
OINP just conducted a tech draw for CRS 458-462. Don’t know how much we can read into this as their draw cutoffs are generally 1 point lower than the EE, but the draw is after the EE draw. So do they know something in advance or they just randomly choose this range? Let’s just hope it’s the former !

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
OINP just conducted a tech draw for CRS 458-462. Don’t know how much we can read into this as their draw cutoffs are generally 1 point lower than the EE, but the draw is after the EE draw. So do they know something in advance or they just randomly choose this range? Let’s just hope it’s the former !
They did one point less than the healthcare draw in EE, which was 463... they don't seem to be thinking this through, as always.

Reactions: Shravan_Kumar

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
How will the 10k H1-B impact the STEM category draw? It is safe to assume that most of the candidates would belong to the tech occupations. Is this the reason we have seen only 500 invited under STEM?
Immediately, likely no effect. After a year (or two), when these people starts gaining Canadian work experience and increasing their CRS scores, probably a lot.

Reactions: ravyn and Yodm

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hello, just wondering, let's say you guys get admitted to a top US grad school vs having a Canada PR and working in Canada, which one will you guys choose? Will going to a top US grad school make it easier to get a green card?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello, just wondering, let's say you guys get admitted to a top US grad school vs having a Canada PR and working in Canada, which one will you guys choose? Will going to a top US grad school make it easier to get a green card?
If you need a degree, get it from the US. Get OPT visa, work in US get some experience and if your GC does not work out, go to Canada, get Canadian passport and get a free ticket entry to USA via NAFTA visa.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Been in Canada 4 years. Student to PR and also studied in US as undergrad. Yes, pay is lower in Canada on average but those who are adequately skilled are able to get US jobs and work remotely from Canada such is the new norm post covid. The integrated NA model that many companies use greatly benefits Canada. I used to think I should've done my Master's in US but now I think I made right decision in Canada. I live stress free with regards to my legal status and but am in a company where I know I can apply for internal US positions. Best of both worlds.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Been in Canada 4 years. Student to PR and also studied in US as undergrad. Yes, pay is lower in Canada on average but those who are adequately skilled are able to get US jobs and work remotely from Canada such is the new norm post covid. The integrated NA model that many companies use greatly benefits Canada. I used to think I should've done my Master's in US but now I think I made right decision in Canada. I live stress free with regards to my legal status and but am in a company where I know I can apply for internal US positions. Best of both worlds.
Also many opportunities for l1 visas for those who want it

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Top US grad school wont help with GC. It will help with employment and then maybe a path to gc through employer but if you were born in india even that path is closed.

Manisha Bhardwaj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi. I haven't received the PCC from my respective State as it's usually delayed and won't reach to me on time.

Can you please tell me if I should upload the LOE in the PCC column while filling the post ITA application or in the LEO column only.

Should I leave the PCC column blank?

I am an inland candidate.