+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Shahrivar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
If you have a PCC from Finland, issued after you left, you can use that if they request for a Finland PCC.
Yes, I applied for it after I left Finland. But with the IRCC, anything is possible including the fact that they could have asked for the new PCC when they sent me the re-med request. Absolute chaos and lack of an organized process are visible everywhere.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Canada is subjectively (and objectively) more stable. But are you saying once we get to Canada we'll still be disappointed?

I don't imagine Canada is perfect, I don't think setting foot in the country automatically cleansing me of all my troubles but surely we have a better chance at making it, right?

If not then this whole journey has been less of a sacrifice and more of suicide
Whether it'll be sacrifice or suicide will really depend on your current circumstances and possibilities in the future. If you are from a shithole country as you said, depending on the depth of that shithole, chances are you'll find better living in Canada. The circumstances are terrible in your home country after all, what do you have to lose?

But now try to think broadly. The discussion is about Canada's problems and how they compare to other developed western countries. Would you take any word from a starving African young adult on this? The dude is even starving, any place will be "good" to him. My point was this, this discussion is funny when people from terrible countries are commenting. Canada receives quite a many immigrants from okay to good western countries. Those people have different circumstances and (higher) standards, so it should be their opinion you consult if you really want to know if Canada is a good country or not.

Long story short, Canada vs <eastern country> won't tell you if Canada is a good country. Canada vs <western country> will.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Whether it'll be sacrifice or suicide will really depend on your current circumstances and possibilities in the future. If you are from a shithole country as you said, depending on the depth of that shithole, chances are you'll find better living in Canada. The circumstances are terrible in your home country after all, what do you have to lose?

But now try to think broadly. The discussion is about Canada's problems and how they compare to other developed western countries. Would you take any word from a starving African young adult on this? The dude is even starving, any place will be "good" to him. My point was this, this discussion is funny when people from terrible countries are commenting. Canada receives quite a many immigrants from okay to good western countries. Those people have different circumstances and (higher) standards, so it should be their opinion you consult if you really want to know if Canada is a good country or not.

Long story short, Canada vs <eastern country> won't tell you if Canada is a good country. Canada vs <western country> will.
Agreed, our perspective about Canada may not exhaustively define the country given our background but do you really also think Canada doesn't need high skilled immigrants?

What do you think is the best compromise for both sides in terms of expectations?

D

Deleted member 1050918

do you really also think Canada doesn't need high skilled immigrants?
Doesn't matter what I think, gotta look at real numbers. Right now, the avg length of job hunt for fresh immigrants is somewhere between 6-12 months (depends on field, do your own research to verify). Well, if Canada needs this many skilled immigrants so bad, why do they have to wait for half to a full year on average to find a proper job?

Another evidence Canada doesn't need this many skilled immigrants is found in the updated immigration levels by IRCC for 2022 (google it). As soon as there was an uncalculated overflow of refugees and TR2PRs in 2020 and 2021, what did IRCC do? Cut down the quota on Federal High Skilled (FSW+CEC) in half. Furthermore, what immigration program did IRCC give up on for nearly 2 years? FSW, which is a large chunk of the Federal High Skilled pool. See? IRCC is literally screaming "I don't need Federal High Skilled that much".

This isn't unexpected if you know a bit about the job market in Canada. Spend some time on LinkedIn and Indeed, look at what fields have how many jobs. And look at how many candidates applied. You'll understand how IRCC can afford to literally give up on Federal High Skilled candidates altogether. In my opinion, the entire quota of Federal High Skilled is a waste. The quota PNP has is enough, about 80k per year. 40k of that could be given to PNPs while the other 40k can be given to FSW+CEC and Canada would have the same number of engineers but obviously less number of Uber drivers or burger flippers with PhD degrees.

What do you think is the best compromise for both sides in terms of expectations?
Immigrants vs a foreign government is a zero sum game. As I said before, I don't think Canada needs this many immigrants so on the govt's part, the quotas should be cut down to 40-50%. On the immigrants' part, they should better do their research to adjust their expectations. Many immigrants will be okay with their situation in Canada because they're better off driving Uber in Vancouver than starving in their home countries. However, immigrants from normal countries should plan ahead and be prepared to dig through shit for 6-12 months or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Not trash talking any culture or my country but saying a sad reality.
This is the first time I am in north india or to be more specific the capital of India Delhi.
I am really sad to say this I have never when I say never have seen something like this in my life.
In Delhi I think poverty is normal.people look really poor.wealth inequality is at its peak.
I should also mention if you have loads of money I believe you can do any shit there.I have traveled a lot of Cities in india but nothing beats this .
My country got independence before 75 fucking years really sad to see my fellow country men living like this .
There not even fucking foot path, what did this assholes politicians did for the last 75 years that is what really bothers me.
The saddest thing is even kids are facing the misery.
Weather is horrible 38 fucking Celsius wtf.on top of that the wind is full of fucking dust

D

Deleted member 994371

Doesn't matter what I think, gotta look at real numbers. Right now, the avg length of job hunt for fresh immigrants is somewhere between 6-12 months (depends on field, do your own research to verify). Well, if Canada needs this many skilled immigrants so bad, why do they have to wait for half to a full year on average to find a proper job?

Another evidence Canada doesn't need this many skilled immigrants is found in the updated immigration levels by IRCC for 2022 (google it). As soon as there was an uncalculated overflow of refugees and TR2PRs in 2020 and 2021, what did IRCC do? Cut down the quota on Federal High Skilled (FSW+CEC) in half. Furthermore, what immigration program did IRCC give up on for nearly 2 years? FSW, which is a large chunk of the Federal High Skilled pool. See? IRCC is literally screaming "I don't need Federal High Skilled that much".

This isn't unexpected if you know a bit about the job market in Canada. Spend some time on LinkedIn and Indeed, look at what fields have how many jobs. And look at how many candidates applied. You'll understand how IRCC can afford to literally give up on Federal High Skilled candidates altogether. In my opinion, the entire quota of Federal High Skilled is a waste. The quota PNP has is enough, about 80k per year. 40k of that could be given to PNPs while the other 40k can be given to FSW+CEC and Canada would have the same number of engineers but obviously less number of Uber drivers or burger flippers with PhD degrees.

Immigrants vs a foreign government is a zero sum game. As I said before, I don't think Canada needs this many immigrants so on the govt's part, the quotas should be cut down to 40-50%. On the immigrants' part, they should better do their research to adjust their expectations. Many immigrants will be okay with their situation in Canada because they're better off driving Uber in Vancouver than starving in their home countries. However, immigrants from normal countries should plan ahead and be prepared to dig through shit for 6-12 months or more.

This forum felt empty for me without the Kangaroo trash-talking Canada. I can't believe you have crossed 3k posts just by being a broken record, saying things again and again.

I missed this <3

All I need now is @dankboi posting memes again. Although I suspect he is probably fighting the war in Ukraine right now.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021

As much as I love the FSW scheme since it benefits me, I don't see how beneficial it is from Canada's point of view. I'd say the same about PNP too. Anyone under 30 with two degrees, 3 years of work experience and good English (or French) can get through with no regard for their field or job opportunities. They could just make it industry driven to solve this. It's easy to write news articles about PhD immigrants from no-name universities driving Ubers and blame it on the economy; while the real reason is that they just aren't employable due to their skillet/field.

But if Canada were to move towards an industry driven system like UK/Europe where you need an employer sponsor first, people might just pick those countries over Canada. Canada's biggest selling point for the FSW category is the possibility to move there without a job. I guess the middle ground is NOC based FSW/PNP.

Last edited:

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
This forum felt empty for me without the Kangaroo trash-talking Canada. I can't believe you have crossed 3k posts just by being a broken record, saying things again and again.
Lol...Now that he has his PPR and is preparing himself to dig through shit for 6 to 12 months. In the meantime I propose he becomes an Canada anti-immigration consultant begging filthy foreigners seeking better lives, to book a consult . Maybe call his youtube channel "AskKangaroo" his slogan will be "Foreverwhining".

Last edited:

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022

I've often wondered how they came up with the numbers they needed. The arbitrariness of the levels plan became very apparent when the pandemic made it difficult to hit their targets but it didn't matter.

I'm trying to apply for work with hopes to finalize as soon as I land. I don't how many months I will be able to shave off my job hunt, if any, but I hope it counts for something.

To everyone else waiting, I think we should be proud we made this decision now and not later, with every passing day it's becoming more obvious the door that would have allowed almost anyone has narrowed badly

Reactions: wonderbly

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Not trash talking any culture or my country but saying a sad reality.
This is the first time I am in north india or to be more specific the capital of India Delhi.
I am really sad to say this I have never when I say never have seen something like this in my life.
In Delhi I think poverty is normal.people look really poor.wealth inequality is at its peak.
I should also mention if you have loads of money I believe you can do any shit there.I have traveled a lot of Cities in india but nothing beats this .
My country got independence before 75 fucking years really sad to see my fellow country men living like this .
There not even fucking foot path, what did this assholes politicians did for the last 75 years that is what really bothers me.
The saddest thing is even kids are facing the misery.
Weather is horrible 38 fucking Celsius wtf.on top of that the wind is full of fucking dust
Delhi/NCR is literally the worst city in our country, by far. There are some good places in North India too. If you wanna feel better, pay a visit to Himachal and Chandigarh.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I guess the middle ground is NOC based FSW/PNP.
Absolutely. The EU/US-style sponsorship approach is the best immigration technique for the governments but it wouldn't work in Canada since Canadian employers are basically close to foreigners except those from the US. NOC-based FSW is the way to go, it already used to be the main way you know. I never understood why IRCC lifted the NOC caps.

I'm trying to apply for work with hopes to finalize as soon as I land. I don't how many months I will be able to shave off my job hunt, if any, but I hope it counts for something.
You can do a soft landing to remove the difficulties during your job hunt. Go do your landing, get a Canadian phone number, and come back to your country. Apply to jobs online, give your Canadian phone number on your resume. If you get asked where you are based during the interview, give them a Canadian address but say that you're currently on vacation visiting your home country and will return in a couple weeks. That way you're saving yourself money and a lot of headache till you find a job in Canada.

This doesn't always work but works quite well for some people. I won't do it because the whole Canadian/North American immigration thing is more of a lifestyle change for me than just a country change, so the best thing to do is to go there and start living sooner than later.