Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It's a woke trend to hate anti-vaxxers right now because we all need a portrait of an enemy to hate right now. In reality, it was a nature (the virus) vs man (the vaccine) fight and the virus has won. The vaccines weren't all that effective.
To the best of my knowledge, vaccines themselves are not political. I lost my uncle to covid, he was 60+ sick and unvaccinated. Though in his defense, this was in 2020 when no vaccines were out. Since then, all of us got vaccinated at the first chance. My aunt with dialysis on going and several issues survived covid at 60+. So yes, vaccines do work. They are not as long lasting as we will like them to be and also they do not stop spread of disease as much as we want them to but they do prevent serious disease and death.

We just got lucky with omnicron. We were lucky that the new variant wasn't as potent as the previous one. South Africa had barely 25% coverage of vaccination and it somehow managed to survive.
There are many surprise cases. Pakistan did not see devastation from Delta as much India saw. Both were very unvaccinated last year in may. None of that means you will always be lucky. Doing right thing will help.

And before you peg me down as your enemy "hurr durr 50 IQ antivaxxxer haha", I am fully vaccinated and so is my entire family. When the vaccine was released in my country, I managed to book a slot on Day 1 (which was a challenge given how populated my country is) and stood in line for four hours to have the magical potion shot in my arm. I argued with my family to get vaccinated as soon as possible and booked the slots for my family and forced them all to get vaccinated.

Right now my entire family is isolating we all tested positive.
I am sure your family will nor suffer serious disease because of vaccines protecting you. You did a right thing.

You guys are acting like we had vaccinated the entire world population, the virus would have magically disappeared. That is a god damn lie. The virus did what it was supposed to do. Our vaccines and our technology just aren't there yet. Maybe the next pandemic will be shorter but this time we fell short.
Let me put it in this way. Had India been vaccinated to 70-80% last year, it would not have been through hellish crisis it faced. That itself is good enough. It gives us time to arrange for new broad specturm treatments. Even if virus is here to stay, having effective treatment and defence against it will make it harmless.

If we have anything to go by, it's the Spanish flu. That pandemic took 4 waves to completely go away, so it should be the same for this one time. We are all already done with 2 waves and almost done with the 3rd. I believe the worst part of the pandemic will be over with this wave.
This virus is certainly not flu. Its a different beast. Its no where as virulent as H1N1.

There will be one small fourth wave and then IRCC will start processing our visas. Then we will all be able to chill with our best friend JT and smoke some weed and drink maple syrup with him.
There is more at stake at evolution of this virus than just our immigration cases.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
There is more at stake at evolution of this virus than just our immigration cases.
I am saying this since I have signed up on this forum. Just recently I saw a post on FB saying how brutal IRCC is, that person is saying that they quit her job after getting an ITA and they said goodbye to their families and friends. I mean are you f****** serious :D

Reactions: ita_drgen

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
The short window being what - 3 months? The virus evolves way faster than that. By the time they develop and deploy the new vaccines, there will be another variant around. This was just a way for big pharma companies to make more money. You are most likely only vaccinated against the original variant of the virus and not the new ones.
This is not always the case and it has been proven with the current vaccines that they are still effective towards the new variants and the efficacy rate is still high. New variant does not always mean a new vaccine.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Are you talking about the same vaccines that were touted as 95% efficacy against the virus?

After the vaccine was released, they started saying "Oh, we meant 95% chance of preventing deaths". When the new variant came around the new number was 65% in preventing death and 35% in preventing corona.

All first-world countries are going through record cases. Most of them haven't declared "official" lockdowns. People will be out in the streets if they had used the word "lockdown" so now they use the words "stricter curbs" to close offices, bars, gyms and restuarants.

It's a woke trend to hate anti-vaxxers right now because we all need a portrait of an enemy to hate. In reality, it was a nature (the virus) vs man (the vaccine) fight and the virus has won. The vaccines weren't all that effective. We just got lucky with omnicron. We were lucky that the new variant wasn't as potent as the previous one. South Africa had barely 25% coverage of vaccination and it somehow managed to survive.

And before you peg me down as your enemy "hurr durr 50 IQ antivaxxxer haha", I am fully vaccinated and so is my entire family. When the vaccine was released in my country, I managed to book a slot on Day 1 (which was a challenge given how populated my country is) and stood in line for four hours to have the magical potion shot in my arm. I argued with my family to get vaccinated as soon as possible and booked the slots for my family and forced them all to get vaccinated.

Right now my entire family is isolating we all tested positive.

You guys are acting like we had vaccinated the entire world population, the virus would have magically disappeared. That is a god damn lie. The virus did what it was supposed to do. Our vaccines and our technology just aren't there yet. Maybe the next pandemic will be shorter but this time we fell short.

If we have anything to go by, it's the Spanish flu. That pandemic took 4 waves to completely go away, so it should be the same for this one time. We are all already done with 2 waves and almost done with the 3rd. I believe the worst part of the pandemic will be over with this wave.

There will be one small fourth wave and then IRCC will start processing our visas. Then we will all be able to chill with our best friend JT and smoke some weed and drink maple syrup with him.
You really should check out
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Although Canadians are fine with mass immigration (to some extent), they want ppl from other nations too to come to their country rather than dudes only from India/China. No wonder why the US has set a quota cap for Indian/Chinese candidates.
Where you got this idea from?

No wonder why the US has set a quota cap for Indian/Chinese candidates.
You know, till very recently (94) South Africa had this pencil test for immigration : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil_test_(South_Africa). Australia had white Australia policy till 80s.

Upshot : All these criteria are nothing but proxy for racist mindset.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Wait what do you mean US? If you mean EB-1, won't that require a job offer PLUS additional research awards like a Nobel Peace Prize or something to be considered?
If one's not Indian or Chinese then PhD/Master's in US provides chances equal to one's chances at Canada right now. I'm beating myself for not going to the US for grad school instead of Canada.

1. Don't suck at everything
2. Do PhD/Master's in US
3. Network and find a job in the US after
4. Don't suck at your job
5. EB-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: novascotia27

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Wait what do you mean US? If you mean EB-1, won't that require a job offer PLUS additional research awards like a Nobel Peace Prize or something to be considered?
You don't need a noble prize but a few publications, awards (could be some shitty too), patents (pending patents is enough), and a fking fantastic Letter why you are good at whatever the fk you do. You don't need all these though docs but chances are high if you have everything. Oh also, you need a smart lawyer like the Chinese or Indians. Never go to an American lawyer, they will do a poor job.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Exactly. I want vaccines. I want someone to shove needles up my arms. We got sold lemon vaccines - but no one wants to acknowledge it because hating on vaccines is not PC. Everyone is riding the woke wave right now and blaming the anti-vaxxer. We should be blaming the vaccine makers for claiming to sell elixirs of life when in reality they were moderately effective. Not claiming making vaccines is a piece of cake but still, we were sold lies.
Maybe waiting waiting for 5-10 years (which is how long it takes to create a vaccine) for the most perfect vaccine to be created would have better then.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Exactly. I want vaccines. I want someone to shove needles up my arms. We got sold lemon vaccines - but no one wants to acknowledge it because hating on vaccines is not PC. Everyone is riding the woke wave right now and blaming the anti-vaxxer. We should be blaming the vaccine makers for claiming to sell elixirs of life when in reality they were moderately effective. Not claiming making vaccines is a piece of cake but still, we were sold lies.
What vaccine did you take? Anything other than Pfizer and Moderna is less effective.

SumAli

Nov 15, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
Few days ago I had a funny conversation with someone. That person was claiming that vaccines should prevent of getting the disease altogether. This is why they do not believe that this vaccine is working. As an example they started talking about chickenpox, measles etc. I was just laughing.
RIP science

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I'm hearing that the trend is that we have to take 3-4 shots per year for the next several years. Proof of vaccination of 10th dose is coming up

Effects of each dose last up to 4 months, there are no permanent protections. So jn essence, we have to keep getting boosted for life

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
What world do you live in? In my world, Earth, most of the vaccines for Covid are at least an order of magnitude more effective at preventing deaths and hospitalizations compared to remaining vaccinated.