+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
You know what I am really REALLY REALLY worried about?

Someone in middle east getting infected with omnicorn (which .... is going to be endemic soon) and then getting MERS from a camel. Both diseases happen from coronaviruses and coronaviruses can undergo recombination. IF MERS and Omicron undergo recombination to yield a super infective and super lethal (30% fatality) coronavirus.... We are done for.
I have played Plague Inc and there are two rules to a successful pandemic (Hehe):
1. You cannot have high severity when you have not infected enough people. There will be too much scrutiny and the virus will be rooted out. All the severe viruses like Ebola, Nipah were rooted out as soon as they sprung up because of its severity. COVID goes under the radar frustratingly for precisely the reason that it looks like the common cold for 95% of the people.

2. Madagascar. You have to infect and terminate Madagascar early on. The virus will always lose otherwise.

ron_1

Oct 12, 2021
Hi Everyone, Have got OINP NOI and got approval a week back 30th Nov'21. Now waiting for ITA (Hopefully should get it)
My questions:-
1. Should I start applying for PCC as understand that it may take 3-4 weeks to get PCC in India.
2. I have my spouse first name in Passport not the last name , should i get last name updated and then apply for PCC
3. My spose doesn't have my name mentioned in her passport, should we get it updated and then apply for PCC?
4. Also if some one can share to do list till I wait for ITA so that application can be submitted asap.
Thanks in advance.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I am waiting for Delta Variant 2.0 to emerge.
I doubt we’ll have something like this. In 95% of cases, Viruses mutate to weaker but more transmissible forms. The virus only cares about replicating in new hosts, it’s not really keen on harming the host severely because that way it would be easily identified and halted. In other words, Viruses do walk a fine line between transmissibility and virulence (severity). A virus needs to be able to replicate and transmit its progeny but at the same time not cause too much harm to its host, which would mean it doesn't have an opportunity to spread.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I doubt we’ll have something like this. In 95% of cases, Viruses mutate to weaker but more transmissible forms. The virus only cares about replicating in new hosts, it’s not really keen on harming the host severely because that way it would be easily identified and halted. In other words, Viruses do walk a fine line between transmissibility and virulence (severity). A virus needs to be able to replicate and transmit its progeny but at the same time not cause too much harm to its host, which would mean it doesn't have an opportunity to spread.
That should become clear very soon, let's hope omicron variant doesn't turn the world upside down again.

jessicaherman

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone, Have got OINP NOI and got approval a week back 30th Nov'21. Now waiting for ITA (Hopefully should get it)
My questions:-
1. Should I start applying for PCC as understand that it may take 3-4 weeks to get PCC in India.
2. I have my spouse first name in Passport not the last name , should i get last name updated and then apply for PCC
3. My spose doesn't have my name mentioned in her passport, should we get it updated and then apply for PCC?
4. Also if some one can share to do list till I wait for ITA so that application can be submitted asap.
Thanks in advance.
You are in a wrong place.

This thread is immigration anonymous where we help each other stop thinking about immigration and Canada through the spiritually inclined one step program.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Police arrest 3 during anti-mask protest at West Edmonton Mall
Protesters stand outside of the Build-A-Bear store in West Edmonton Mall on Dec. 4, 2021.

Edmonton police attended West Edmonton Mall for a planned anti-mask protest Saturday afternoon. In a news release, police said they were made aware of the protest prior to the event.

Three people were arrested for various charges, including outstanding warrants, uttering threats and public mischief, along with being previously banned from the mall.

Police said the three, two men and a woman, will remain in police custody until Monday morning when Court of Queens Bench resumes.

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Last edited:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW

Nabeela 1989

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Because Ottawa processes the bulk of FSW applications and local VO's have capacity for visa stamping only.
Processing is done in the primary office.visa offices like London,Paris,Acra,NDVO do not only stamp visas.Whole applications are processed there.I am worried because I haven’t seen pprs being issued from these visa offices.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Processing is done in the primary office.visa offices like London,Paris,Acra,NDVO do not only stamp visas.Whole applications are processed there.I am worried because I haven’t seen pprs being issued from these visa offices.
I just explained why local visa offices are not issuing PPR's lol

Ottawa and CIO have most of the IRCC employees that processes PR applications and Ottawa works on majority of FSW applications. Some FSW applications are routinely transferred to local VO's but they were closed for the longest time and the backlog pileup is bigger than they can handle and now that things have started moving somewhat, local VO's barely have capacity for visa stamping. Just see timelines of applicants waiting for passport to be returned after PPR, NDVO is taking 1-2 months when they previously used to take 1-2 weeks.

Ottawa is the only VO issuing PPR's right now and passports can be submitted at the local VO only, no way around this. Most local visa offices have miniscule amount of resources compared to Ottawa.