+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for all the good cheer, folks.

Yelena, I'm rooting for you as well as others still waiting. Hope your reopened application gets processed quickly.

Have a question (posted it elsewhere also but didn't get traction). Will be very grateful for advice.

Is there anyone here in this situation:

Indian citizen, in the U.S. with PPR? If so, did you send passport to Ottawa or did you request change to LVO? If you sent documents to Ottawa, which courrier service did you use?

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Hey quiet group... so based on several recent movements... I can now confidently say that 90% of FSW applicants get PPR's in 4 months (plus or minus 2 weeks)... It is still unclear why exactly those 10% get PPR's in 2 months or less, but they generally tend to be from Nigeria and Europe.

This month May and June group were on fire.. they received a lot of PPR's (and i'm very happy for them)... Next month, June and July... and in December, I think it'll be July and August!

Happy thoughts :)

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Hey quiet group... so based on several recent movements... I can now confidently say that 90% of FSW applicants get PPR's in 4 months (plus or minus 2 weeks)... It is still unclear why exactly those 10% get PPR's in 2 months or less, but they generally tend to be from Nigeria and Europe.

This month May and June group were on fire.. they received a lot of PPR's (and i'm very happy for them)... Next month, June and July... and in December, I think it'll be July and August!

Happy thoughts :)
November is just around the corner !!! fasten yer seatbelts !!

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
Thank you for all the good cheer, folks.

Yelena, I'm rooting for you as well as others still waiting. Hope your reopened application gets processed quickly.

Have a question (posted it elsewhere also but didn't get traction). Will be very grateful for advice.

Is there anyone here in this situation:

Indian citizen, in the U.S. with PPR? If so, did you send passport to Ottawa or did you request change to LVO? If you sent documents to Ottawa, which courrier service did you use?
Posted an update in a different thread but will leave notes here as well in case they're useful to anyone in the future.

I was able to send passports via FedEX; received by CIC on 10/28. International Priority. FedEx gives you a discount on shipping rate if you have an online account with them (no cost to opening one--you have to provide cc info, though). You'll have to fill out a bunch for forms but it's a fairly straight forward process.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:

Happy thoughts :) d
How I wish you are right...
i am bitting my fingernails here, might have to start bitting my toe nails as well! And then what if I get pr and I find myself spasming in some odd yoga poise - and then have to stay home because I cant explain to CIC how did I come by my new hunch back of netre damm style ahah :p

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
yelena said:
How I wish you are right...
i am bitting my fingernails here, might have to start bitting my toe nails as well! And then what if I get pr and I find myself spasming in some odd yoga poise - and then have to stay home because I cant explain to CIC how did I come by my new hunch back of netre damm style ahah :p
hahahaha... thanks for the visual :D
Well I'm really hoping you'll be one of the lucky European/Nigerian fast trackers! Hopefully in a week or two you'll get DM!
By the way, I think i should correct myself... i'd say 80% get it in 4 months... 10% get it in 2 months or less... and 10% actually get stuck and have to wait 5 or even 6+ months... I think that's the most accurate 'guesstimate'! :)

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Christmas hits, when they will be exactly back to work ?!! is it from 23rd December until 3rd January ?!!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
White knight 22 said:
If Christmas hits, when they will be exactly back to work ?!! is it from 23rd December until 3rd January ?!!
well in addition to Christmas, there might be some further delays if the new minister decides to give CEC even more priority (the current general average of a CEC applicant is 6-8 weeks)... so if CEC applicants get more CIC agents assigned to their cases, it will come at the expense of FSW's.... so this might push our timeline by a month or two... this is the ugly truth of "siblings" competing for scarce resources... i mean as prospective Canadian immigrants we're all rooting for one another.. but the fact is, we're competing for the CIC agents' time...

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
hahahaha... thanks for the visual :D
Well I'm really hoping you'll be one of the lucky European/Nigerian fast trackers! Hopefully in a week or two you'll get DM!
By the way, I think i should correct myself... i'd say 80% get it in 4 months... 10% get it in 2 months or less... and 10% actually get stuck and have to wait 5 or even 6+ months... I think that's the most accurate 'guesstimate'! :)
I agree with this. Here's my own monitoring (data retrieved from May-June outland applicants):

Average stats

AOR-PPR 4.44 months or 133 days
RPRF-DM 1 month
RPRF-PPR 1.8 months or 53 days

AOR-PPR seems to be more reliable as trending shows that they process 80% of applications based on AOR date. For applicants like me who paid RPRF upon request, it's just an early holiday gift if we can get PPR by 1.8 months from RPRF request

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
well in addition to Christmas, there might be some further delays if the new minister decides to give CEC even more priority (the current general average of a CEC applicant is 6-8 weeks)... so if CEC applicants get more CIC agents assigned to their cases, it will come at the expense of FSW's.... so this might push our timeline by a month or two... this is the ugly truth of "siblings" competing for scarce resources... i mean as prospective Canadian immigrants we're all rooting for one another.. but the fact is, we're competing for the CIC agents' time...
Thanks a lot

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
rainman400 said:
Ghost Email O_O

BG changed to in progress

The stress is real, people!
good luck!!! ;D

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
rainman400 said:
Ghost Email O_O

BG changed to in progress

The stress is real, people!
Wow a July applicant! All the best!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There used to be a spreadsheath with a lot of people, mostly for the sake of predicting next crs score. I wonder what happened to it, but it would be nice to have everything merged to see everyone, not just month to month

groundbirch

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
There used to be a spreadsheath with a lot of people, mostly for the sake of predicting next crs score. I wonder what happened to it, but it would be nice to have everything merged to see everyone, not just month to month
Agreed. :)

Nothing new here. I've even stopped looking at my ECAS everday. Getting tired of seeing the same 4 lines every time. Honestly I've started focusing on other things, so I'm not that impatient anymore. It'll just be a nice surprise if anything happens before December.
My estimates (based on gut) are sometimes before Christmas.