+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Job Offer and Education Questions

skstrials

Nov 18, 2015
Question 1: If I get a different full time job (different NOC code) than my profession that I got my 1560 hours in, can it still work?
= I got my 1560 hours in the NOC Code 4215 Instructors of Persons with Disabilities

However, my full time job offer will be in NOC 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness

Will it be okay, if my job NOC codes do not line up? I did not see a description that the NOC codes need to line up as the 1 year full time work experience beforehand.

Question 2: Can my certifications be counted towards CIC education scores?
I got a bachelor's degree at UBC as well as
- (ACSM (American College of Sport Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer certification:

- BCAK (British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists) Practicing Member Certification:

What are the definitions of "certificates" according to CIC?

(sorry, I could not post the links of the certifications)

Thanks!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skstrials said:
Question 1: If I get a different full time job (different NOC code) than my profession that I got my 1560 hours in, can it still work?
= I got my 1560 hours in the NOC Code 4215 Instructors of Persons with Disabilities

However, my full time job offer will be in NOC 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness

Will it be okay, if my job NOC codes do not line up? I did not see a description that the NOC codes need to line up as the 1 year full time work experience beforehand.

Question 2: Can my certifications be counted towards CIC education scores?
I got a bachelor's degree at UBC as well as
- (ACSM (American College of Sport Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer certification:

- BCAK (British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists) Practicing Member Certification:

What are the definitions of "certificates" according to CIC?

(sorry, I could not post the links of the certifications)

Thanks!
The NOCs don't have to match.

A "certificate" is a qualification you spent at least 1 year studying for at university.