+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Applicant - Need help

onf1inusa

Sep 18, 2009
Hi people,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under FSW 2014 (2172 / 2173 category) and need some info regarding the same.

I have been working in the US for more than 4 years as a Database engineer/software engineer, so I think 2173 is more applicable for me.

I have some questions regarding the application process:

1. I know I am too late to apply, but is it worth applying for a PR under the new FSW categories at this point in time or am I too late to apply? OR are these new Categories only applicable for year 2014 applications only?

If you think I can/should apply, I have one more question regarding the same:

2. I am planning to apply for me (as the principal applicant) and my spouse. So, IELTS is needed for me only OR my spouse also needs to take this exam?

I might have some more questions once I get answer to the above two.

I already talked to an Immi consultant in Canada, but after talking to the consultant, I think I have more immigration knowledge than her, so planning to apply myself and thats why need you help.

Thanks much..

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
It is never late to apply, 2172 most likely wont be capped this year. So follow the cap update continuously, if 2173 is not giving any confidence, apply in 2172.

IELTS only for you is mandatory. however if you do not meet 67 points, you can get 5 points from your spouse IELTS.

Regards

onf1inusa said:
Hi people,

I am planning to apply for Canadian PR under FSW 2014 (2172 / 2173 category) and need some info regarding the same.

I have been working in the US for more than 4 years as a Database engineer/software engineer, so I think 2173 is more applicable for me.

I have some questions regarding the application process:

1. I know I am too late to apply, but is it worth applying for a PR under the new FSW categories at this point in time or am I too late to apply? OR are these new Categories only applicable for year 2014 applications only?

If you think I can/should apply, I have one more question regarding the same:

2. I am planning to apply for me (as the principal applicant) and my spouse. So, IELTS is needed for me only OR my spouse also needs to take this exam?

I might have some more questions once I get answer to the above two.

I already talked to an Immi consultant in Canada, but after talking to the consultant, I think I have more immigration knowledge than her, so planning to apply myself and thats why need you help.

Thanks much..

onf1inusa

Sep 18, 2009
That is great news. Thanks much.

I think I already have 67 or above points so no need for spouse to take IELTS.

Following up with some more questions:

1. Regarding Police Verification: Since I have been staying in the US for almost 7 years now. I think I need to get Verification from Indian Embassy (on my passport) as well as background check from FBI. So, this police verification needs to be done for both me and my spouse. right? OR is it only for the principle applicant (i.e. me)?

Thanks much

navpreet1982

Star Member
May 14, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to apply asap under 2172

onf1inusa said:

1. Regarding Police Verification: Since I have been staying in the US for almost 7 years now. I think I need to get Verification from Indian Embassy (on my passport) as well as background check from FBI. So, this police verification needs to be done for both me and my spouse. right? OR is it only for the principle applicant (i.e. me)?

Thanks much

ramana27

Sep 16, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
onf1inusa said:

Thanks much
Both will be needing to submit the Police verification certificate. But you have good time for that.....

onf1inusa

Sep 18, 2009
Thank you for the info.

One more question regarding PR points:

I have a 4 year Engineering degree + a 2 year Masters of Science degree. How many points do I get for Education. Is it 23 or 25 ?

Also, one of my cousin's stay in Canada. He is a PR holder. I guess there are 5 points for that as well. But how to prove that he is one of my relatives? I mean which documents do I need to submit to prove the same?

Thanks

onf1inusa

Sep 18, 2009
Also, I have a question about education evaluation.

I have a Bachelor's of Technology degree from India and a Masters of Science (software engineering) degree from US. Is it true that the highest degree needs to be evaluated? So, in my case, I will need to get my masters degree evaluated and not bachelors?

Thanks

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
onf1inusa said:
Thank you for the info.

One more question regarding PR points:

I have a 4 year Engineering degree + a 2 year Masters of Science degree. How many points do I get for Education. Is it 23 or 25 ?

Also, one of my cousin's stay in Canada. He is a PR holder. I guess there are 5 points for that as well. But how to prove that he is one of my relatives? I mean which documents do I need to submit to prove the same?

Thanks
Regarding the adaptability, please note that u don't get any point for cousins. Only first level relationships are eligible.