Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
Just got a hold from the call center and was informed my deadline will be at the end of Feb -beginning of March since my PER mail was dated and sent on the 31 of March. That means 4 more months for me waiting for the DM and hopefully the PPR.
So that means guys we got to start counting from the PER date for 11 months forward and by looking at the trend on how they are working nowadays I think that is the most close to the reality answer.

Regards,
'Kerdek

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
uwaterloo said:
Hi guys, can you log into ECAS right now? It seems I cannot ::)
Can't here either...it must be down.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kerdek said:
Just got a hold from the call center and was informed my deadline will be at the end of Feb -beginning of March since my PER mail was dated and sent on the 31 of March. That means 4 more months for me waiting for the DM and hopefully the PPR.
So that means guys we got to start counting from the PER date for 11 months forward and by looking at the trend on how they are working nowadays I think that is the most close to the reality answer.

Regards,
'Kerdek
Bummer.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Kerdek said:

Regards,
'Kerdek
Ya man ..it horrible ..they just took all our money and now acting like thugs ..I thought india was bad in as far as how government moves but this is worse !!

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
harrysaini said:
Ya man ..it horrible ..they just took all our money and now acting like thugs ..I thought india was bad in as far as how government moves but this is worse !!
This is such terrible news. I was hoping we were close to being able to land. The worst part for me is that I am afraid I may not have sufficient funds for proof of funds at landing for my family of 5 by the time this finally goes through. I have tried my best to not mess with the $25,145 required for that household size, but things happen. It is a long time to hold on to such a large sum of money untouched. We had some unexpected medical bills come up and we live in the US so we get screwed 10 ways from Tuesday when we get sick. If only I were already in Canada, it wouldn't even be an issue.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moreover, it is not only the 10 people who post here; there is around 5,000 immigration applications from 2014 still being processed at cpc-ottawa

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Just now finished sending, another CSE today in order get medical forms which LVO promised to send within two to three days and today is going to complete the third day, still Medical Forms are not received.

Meanwhile the doubtful LVO / CIC staff continue to pop-up in my LinkedIn profile. And strange thing that today there are 7-Of CIC staff looking at my LinkedIn Profile. I invite all of them to come to my office and I shall not only tell but show them what jobs and duties I am performing :p :p :p

Strange attitude of CIC. ::) ::) ::)

If you cannot see above image, click on below link:-

http://oi63.tinypic.com/15dut6f.jpg

There is staff of other companies ACN- etc., who are viewing my profile whom I don't know them.

Is there anyone else on the forum who has noted such activity of the CIC staff , viewing their LinkedIn profiles?

yesrohit

Jan 30, 2015
With all this uncertainty, I am thinking if I should apply for Express Entry. I applied at the beginning of this year and got an invite but didnt pursue it because there my FSW application was already in process and was supposed to get over within 6 months. I am hoping that I get an invite again if I apply.
It will be another $500, which sucks, but atleast it's better than waiting indefinitely. What I am wondering though is that will CIC be able to transfer my documents over to this application or do I have to send everything again (medical/education/IELTS/police certs)?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yesrohit said:
With all this uncertainty, I am thinking if I should apply for Express Entry. I applied at the beginning of this year and got an invite but didnt pursue it because there my FSW application was already in process and was supposed to get over within 6 months. I am hoping that I get an invite again if I apply.
It will be another $500, which sucks, but atleast it's better than waiting indefinitely. What I am wondering though is that will CIC be able to transfer my documents over to this application or do I have to send everything again (medical/education/IELTS/police certs)?
what's your timeline? and u'd have to ask the call center for that.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerdek said:

Regards,
'Kerdek
Call centre agents know jack about processing. There is no such thing as a deadline. There is a review date (+60/30 days depending on the stage of your file), which is mentioned in your GCMS file. On this day they might pull it from the registry or leave it be for another 60/30 days (if the assessments are not completed). If all the checks are completed, on the next review date the agent makes a note and transfers the file to RFV (ready for visa) location. This is where final decision pertaining to visa issuance is made and it is handled by CPC-O Assistant Director ONLY, so unsurprisingly there is a certain backlog here too.

1) If your file's location is RFV, they will likely request your passport in 30-45 days from the transfer date.
2) If your file is in the registry, it means that the security check results have NOT yet arrived. This takes about 100 days since third line update, but it is kind of unpredictable due to the nature of this checks.

That being said, there is another issue that might postpone the processing at RFV stage. Each CIC office is issued a certain quantity of visa numbers that it can use each year. Last year there were NO passport requests in November, December, because they ran out of their visa# inventory. As soon as they received a new bulk of visa# in the third week of January they started mailing out passport requests.

The existing backlog is manageable and all files will be finalized in due course.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Call centre agents know jack about processing. There is no such thing as a deadline. There is a review date (+60/30 days depending on the stage of your file), which is mentioned in your GCMS file. On this day they might pull it from the registry or leave it be for another 60/30 days (if the assessments are not completed). If all the checks are completed, on the next review date the agent makes a note and transfers the file to RFV (ready for visa) location. This is where final decision pertaining to visa issuance is made and it is handled by CPC-O Assistant Director ONLY, so unsurprisingly there is a certain backlog here too.

1) If your file's location is RFV, they will likely request your passport in 30-45 days from the transfer date.
2) If your file is in the registry, it means that the security check results have NOT yet arrived. This takes about 100 days since third line update, but it is kind of unpredictable due to the nature of this checks.

That being said, there is another issue that might postpone the processing at RFV stage. Each CIC office is issued a certain quantity of visa numbers that it can use each year. Last year there were NO passport requests in November, December, because they ran out of their visa# inventory. As soon as they received a new bulk of visa# in the third week of January they started mailing out passport requests.

The existing backlog is manageable and all files will be finalized in due course.
it is good to have u back. and it makes sense. from where do u get your information?

however, my MP was told by CIC that they have priorities now for refugees and that our processing times are more than 11 months; they just haven't updated their website yet.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
it is good to have u back. and it makes sense. from where do u get your information?

however, my MP was told by CIC that they have priorities now for refugees and that our processing times are more than 11 months; they just haven't updated their website yet.
CPC-O doesn't process refugee's files and FC, so it's another example of call centre incompetence.

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
CPC-O doesn't process refugee's files and FC, so it's another example of call centre incompetence.
Do you know if they might ask for any additional documents after MR? because I haven't done my Taxes yet for 2014. do you think they might ask for my notice of assessment? or T4?

Thank you!

nbminister

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28 2014
Doc's Request.
Apr 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Feb 16 2015
Med's Request
Apr 24 2015
Med's Done....
Med doen on May 15, 2016, MER on Jun 16, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
​What is wrong with the CIC today?

I cannot access to the ECAS to check my status and there is no CIC agent answer the call at call center.