+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
Max_ash said:
*******Suggesting a value add.*******

Admins on this group have already done a fabulous job of creating a wonderful thread with loads and loads of useful information and an superb excel sheet(Hatts off to whoever built it. I have been working in IT since 10 years but still never seen a person so good at excel)!!

Can I suggest(just an value add-good to have kinda a feature to the existing excel) to add a new worksheet in the excel which would have references to the important pages numbers of our thread......
Hi Max_ash,
thank you for your kind words and the suggestion :)

I think there are several possible ways to achieve a result similar to what you suggest:

1) Add a new sheet to the spreadsheet and put links to all important posts there, exactly as you described it. However, most probably it will be a simple list of links with titles, not much more than that, as spreadsheet text formatting capabilities are rather limited, compared to forum posts.

2) Edit the first post of this thread and add FAQs and important links there. It's good the first post was made by Ashif. We'll still probably have to collaborate somehow to prepare the text.
Though, this way we can eventually hit a limit on the length of one post.

3) Create a new thread and make sure the first several posts in the new thread are made by a few chosen admins / seniors / active volunteers, so that they can edit/update their posts with new information, FAQs and links over time.
Then we can add a link to this new thread into the spreadsheet, and refer our new members to read that information.
I think it's rather important that the first post there is made by someone who has enough time and who is good at presenting all the information in a clear and structured manner.

I personally like option 2) or 3), as it gives better and easier control over text formatting than the spreadsheet does.
Also, I've thought about something like this for a long time myself, so I fully support your idea :)

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Guys...

SS says one 7th May applicant recieved PER? Username: ttman?

But no fees encashment date. ..is this accurate?

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
medwiz said:
Guys...

SS says one 7th May applicant recieved PER? Username: ttman?

But no fees encashment date. ..is this accurate?
Interestingly enough it is just 2 days ago. Is CIC sending 7 may PER finally ?

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
shah2014 said:
@ dmitrych
@ Max_ash

I think ur option 3 is most suitable. But my understanding for option 1 was that excel sheet gives description of topic and then links to the fourm. It will provide richer medium as all subsequent discussions can be reviewed for reference and opinions.

However, in your third option, same results can be obtained, if original poster includes main points of the discussion/input from other members while re-posting on "special thread". however, subsequent summary will remain open to posters bias. If you guys opt for option 3, i can volunteer to make first few posts (but after 10 days).
Right, in my experience, having descriptions in the spreadsheet for option 1 is rather inconvenient. The first issue that comes to mind is that you won't be able to highlight specific words in the text, - and it's often useful to have such highlighting.
The positive side of option 1 is that any spreadsheet admin will be able to edit the text.

So, yes, option 3 looks better, as for me.
The weak side of it is that collaboration will not be as seamless as in the spreadsheet, because a post can be edited only by its author.
A possible workaround would be to make first few posts by different authors-volunteers, so that we'll get a topic with diverse and complete information. - unless there's one strong volunteer who is comfortable with the responsibility to handle the information well and to keep it updated :)

Edit:
you know what, I've just had an idea, why don't we just create a Google Document instead? :)
it will solve the collaboration issues, and it will allow to have good formatting at the same time. Looks like a perfect solution :)

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
shah2014 said:
@ dmitrych

I think all others r sleeping, lets c what they have to say tomorrow, but with google docs my ability to volunteer will be limited as i (possibly many others) will not be able to access it from ofc in available free time ;)

Therefore, i will prefer not to add additional medium and use existing SS and forum only. Good that we have democracy!
Pardon me, but what is ofc? :) An office? If you can access the spreadsheet, then you'll be able to access a google document as well, I guess.
Not sure what limitations it gives you, but I really believe a Google Document will be a perfect solution and has really good chances to become The Best FSW Manual in the world ;D - just because everyone has a chance to volunteer and improve it, and the formatting options are good as well. Collaboration is great :)

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
dmitrych said:
Hi Max_ash,
thank you for your kind words and the suggestion :)

I think there are several possible ways to achieve a result similar to what you suggest:
Great ideas dmitrych.
Hats off for you, Ashif, and Century. You guys are the stars :)
Wish you all the best. +100 :)

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
shah2014 said:
@ dmitrych

I think all others r sleeping, lets c what they have to say tomorrow, but with google docs my ability to volunteer will be limited as i (possibly many others) will not be able to access it from ofc in available free time ;)

Therefore, i will prefer not to add additional medium and use existing SS and forum only. Good that we have democracy!
Guys why not use a wordpress blog for this will make life easy enough ? I have one at http://www.fsw2014.info/fsw2014 I have been trying to collect information there. Whoever has the need can, I can give admin access and off you go :)

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
ANANJAY said:
No dear you have to enter your details again and your old entry will be deleted by our admin on request...
But while updating ss dnt forget to save edit ur response this time...
Thanks for confirmatin

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
Dhaka2014 said:
Great ideas dmitrych.
Hats off for you, Ashif, and Century. You guys are the stars :)
Wish you all the best. +100 :)
Thank you, Dhaka2014 :)

tknova said:
Guys why not use a wordpress blog for this will make life easy enough ? I have one at http://www.fsw2014.info/fsw2014 I have been trying to collect information there. Whoever has the need can, I can give admin access and off you go :)
Makes sense :)
It's kind of a different format, though: in addition to "time-independent" information, it also contains news and other stuff which becomes obsolete over time. What I've imagined is a single long article with contents and different sections, explaining everything in a logical (or, better to say, chronological for a single application) order. I guess, this can be done in this wordpress blog as well.

It's just an idea / my point of view, though :)

Edit: However, I see one inconvenience with a wordpress blog: you can't edit this single article at the same time with someone else. Google Documents is more advanced in this regard :)

ttdn

Jul 15, 2014
Hi seniors, I'm new here and I need your advice please.

I set up my own company 3 years ago in the business services and I wanna apply for an occupation in the NOC list using my experience in the last 3 years. At my company, I am the legal rep, director and team member as well as I work hard just as other team members of mine: dealing with and servicing clients. Will my experience be considered to be PAID work experience?

Thank you so much in advance.

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
rajneeshv said:
Hi Friends,

There is an update in CIC regarding Express Entry information. I hope you would find it useful:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp?utm_source=slash-express&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

Thanks for sharing...Rules for Express entry are too ambiguous...It is clear that employer will need to sponsor for PR...How they willl rank each application is a question as well.. Well wishing it to be more simpler than it seems...

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
dmitrych said:

It's kind of a different format, though: in addition to "time-independent" information, it also contains news and other stuff which becomes obsolete over time. What I've imagined is a single long article with contents and different sections, explaining everything in a logical (or, better to say, chronological for a single application) order. I guess, this can be done in this wordpress blog as well.

Edit: However, I see one inconvenience with a wordpress blog: you can't edit this single article at the same time with someone else. Google Documents is more advanced in this regard :)
Hmmm you make a very good point with concurrent editing. But if you imagine it .. it will be around 5-6 people editing stuff and if each topic or area is covered under its own article then there should be little to no clashes.

Having said that, there is no competition at all for google docs!!! period...

I wonder what problem shah has with google docs?

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
@dmitrych,
@Shah2014,
@ Admins,
@ All,

I tried to create a spreadsheet on google docs, but was unable to do so with formatting.... so i have created a spreadsheet on my local machine and below is a screen capture of how it looks like.

I have tried to keep the excel simple:
1. By adding a row per highly talked item(like Birth certificate, Proof of funds, Job letters etc)
2. Tried to keep a common format for all items(column C)
3. Have also added information on the items to best of my knowledge(whatever I had in my local notes)

I know the excel that i created is not very fancy and informative but I guess with help from all other members we can make it a much live and a useful doc.

I will need help of some excel experts to get this on google docs(online).
dmitrych, and other admins, please suggest if I can send this excel to you guys via email and then you guys can upload it over google docs.

Please excuse my poor formatting and less info that I had put into the excel, but I am sure everyone’s help, we can get this doc up to the mark!!!

Can someone tell me who the hell do I insert a image here?????

dmitrych said:

abhi228

Champion Member
Oct 10, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-5-2014
Nomination.....
15-8-2014
Congratulations Ankit ! :) :)

ankit1703 said:
GUYS GOOD NEWS

CC Debited on 16th June at 10:30 IST for application NOC 2171. Reached on 9th May 12:39pm & recieved by Mike

SS updated

Queries:

1) Does this mean that my points were appropriate i.e 67 or more ?
2) Will the evaluation of file take place after this ??

abhi228

Champion Member
Oct 10, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-5-2014
Nomination.....
15-8-2014
Congratulations aav ! :)

aav said:

GOOD NEWS GUYS....
CC Debited on 16th July at 04:30 pm IST.
NOC 1112. Reached on 9th May 10:22 am & received by D.Stepheson

Admin - I am posting message through phone. Will update sheet tomorrow when I work on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.