+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
04 November 2014(CC Charge)
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
Max_ash said:
Just a thought, $70,000/yr is it before taxes or after?
In order to have ~4000/month in hand means you should have a package of $70k-$72k/year

In my opinion $4000/month(in hand) for a family of 4 is not sufficient. you will be on the edge.

I think 4k for 3-4 people should be decent to survive .... if two members of the family are working .... 5k in hand after taxes should be pretty decent ... .I have a feeling that most of us being educated should be able to land as much at least ..... congrats to all who have received PER already and best of luck to all who're waiting patiently ....

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
Sternchen30890 said:
Hello! I wrote here that we lived in Calgary for almost 9 years and told people to write me if they have questions. Didnt expenct so many to do that..... ::)

I wrote something to copy into those messages. I thought I share it with you guys. Please forgive my bad English......

Hello!

As you can see from my previous posts we lived in Calgary for quite some time and hope to return under FSW 2014!!

So it cant have been a bad place to live in!!!

We came to Calgary in 2001 and well lets say the start was hard. But we had no kids at that time and that helped.
Renting an apartement was difficult because we didnt have references. But we were lucky the landlady was an immigrant too and she trusted us.
We rented a basement apartment and back then it was around 450 CAD Dollar.

My husband is a System Administrator and for him it took a while to get a job in Calgary.

After 3 month he started working as a carpenter helper for 6 month just to make some money. A neighbour helped him find that job.
So lots of hours for little money.
I am a bookkeeper and worked as a data entry clerk after 3 month.
For some time I worked two jobs, one in the evening.
Having no canadian experience is taff when you arrive. Once you gain that it will get way easier to get good jobs in your field and make good money.
After that they dont care if you are an immigrant or not.
It took us about 1 year.

Back then you didnt need the IELTS examination so our English was poor, we understood most and were able to talk to people but we definately needed to improve that.
I know I still do especially now after all those years in Germany, but it will come back hopefully.
The first 3 month were the hardest because all our savings simply went away until we got jobs. We didnt know anybody in Canada so it was hard. Bought a terrible car which broke down withing 6 month for example. Dont go to a car dealer, get a car over an add in the paper is my advise.
I remember going to those temp agencies, they were all friendly but never called you for a job.

So we had no money and no job for a few months but those were the happiest of all the years, because it was all new and we thought everything in Canada was awesome just because it was our dream to live there.
We met great neighbours, very helpful and friendly. Calgarians are very easy going and positive.
Those friends we made the first month stayed for all those years and we still write over facebook and cant wait to see them again!

In 2001 Calgary was not that expensive. You were able to buy a starter home for your family for lets say 180000 Dollar.

I took accounting classes at SAIT, improved my english and was able to get a good job in accounting.

My husband got a job as a system analyst with an oil and gas company and things went really well for us.

All you guys here will speak a good English and that will help a lot! The once of you that have family or friends over there will have it easier.
I think it will be even harder if you go there just by yourself. At least we had each other.

We had our son in 2005 and people there love children! Calgary is a young city, people that want to make money and have families. Its not a city for old people.
Childcare is expensive I must say. Many children go to dayhomes and well the quality is not that great. I was lucky that I was able to work out of my home as a bookkeeper.

We were lucky back then owning a house before Calgary got really expensive in 2006.

A single family home in 2007 went up from 180000 to 200000 to 400000 to 500000. Even more in some areas. It was just creazy!

Renting a house in Calgary, lets say a townhouse was in 2001 around 800 Dollar its now about 1500 Dollar.
A single family house must be 2500 Dollar. Event apartments are expensive. Look it up under www.rentfaster.ca

Food is expensive but if you go to Superstore, rather than Safeway its ok.

Calgary is sunny all over the year, with short but very nice summers, dry and cold winters. BUT the winter is sunny and your get nice chinook breaks from the snow.
Owning a reliable car is very important in the winter. Since you need one, public transit is ok but it wont take you anywhere. Calgary was not build for so many people that live there now.

I worked in many companies as a bookkeeper. I worked with chinese people, indian people, people from Europe. Never a problem!!!

I cant give advice about other professions, you would have to google monster or other job sites. I dont know if Vancouver or Toronto is a better place to live.
I know I would like to live in Vancouver just because I love the water and the warm climate, but we would still return to Calgary, because we are getting older and we know we will get jobs in no time and have friends there.

I loved the way they treat woman in Calgary. It is a difference here in Germany for sure.

Working in Calgary as a bookeeper was so much better for me than here in Germany. I had great bosses, made good money (30 Dollar an hour without an accounting degree, just work experience)
But I know I started with 7 Dollar an hour so it takes some time.
My husband made about 90000 Dollar before we came back in 2009 as a senior system analyst for an oil and gas company. Just to give you an idea.

One more thing people in Calgary love camping and taking long weekends for those trips, but during the week the streets are pretty empty. They have big garages and big cars and big houses and it is kind of an indoor live. People dont like it hot, at least they seemed to prefer to sit inside in the summer with the air condition on.
I remember feeling pretty lonely sometimes on those empty playgrounds and empty streets. But it also depends on the area you live in.
I can imagine if you are from a country with warm weather where live is always outside, it would be hard to get used to that.

BUT
We cant wait to go back

Good luck to all of you!!!!
+1

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
AhmedFouad said:
Thanks CanOl,

but how they calculate experience years in a different NOC other than the one applies for? will they do that even if this exp doesn't fall under the specific NOC under question?

I ask this because I have 9+ years of experience in the last 10 years divided as follows:

- 3 years in the NOC I applied for (0013) ---> I had a reference letter with work hours and detailed duties
- 6+ years falls under other NOC (I think 2281) ---> I only have a very generic reference letters without mentioning the job duties at all (just the position and no. of years).

Questions:
- Will they give points for the 6+ years of experience?
- How many points should I get in this case for work exp?

Regards,
Ahmed
you will get full 15 points, but ensure that you provide employment ref letter for both jobs.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
Sternchen30890 said:
Hello! I wrote here that we lived in Calgary for almost 9 years and told people to write me if they have questions. Didnt expenct so many to do that..... ::)

I wrote something to copy into those messages. I thought I share it with you guys. Please forgive my bad English......

BUT
We cant wait to go back

Good luck to all of you!!!!

Bad English ? no way !! You are pretty good at English Sternchen.
Amazing story you have narrated. Really very motivating.

This will surely inspire a lot of us aspirants !! Thanks a lot and do keep contributing.

+1 for that great narration.

kbCanada

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 June, 2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 17th Sept, 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 24 Sept, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
vind said:
Should check in about 7-10 days time.
Best of luck buddy
Thanks bro.. :)

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nave2014 said:
hi all
in the ss there is a rejection of 12/6/14 applicant whereas cc and dd are being currently processed for 4/6/14 how come that poor chap got rejected so early?
They are obviously doing completeness check first
Then Charge
Then PER

BlueZoo

May 16, 2014
Guys,

My application was just returned due to "Missing ORIGINAL ECA report". I sent a copy instead of the original (Argh!!).
Anyways, what is the right process send the application again??

Do i need to re-print all forms or send the same application they sent back with the original ECA report???

Thanks!!

AhmedFouad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Cairo
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
0013 & 2281
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
5-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanOl said:
you will get full 15 points, but ensure that you provide employment ref letter for both jobs.
Thanks for your help..

All the best!

Regards,
Ahmed

abcpunjab

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
BlueZoo said:
Guys,

My application was just returned due to "Missing ORIGINAL ECA report". I sent a copy instead of the original (Argh!!).

Do i need to re-print all forms or send the same application they sent back with the original ECA report???

Thanks!!
when did ur application reach CIC?

rssr.canada

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
processing started 6th Feb SLU
Med's Request
05th oct 2015
Med's Done....
07th oct 2015
Interview........
God's Grace not required
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting...
aav said:
I applied for local PCC (india) and got 6 days later date at the passport office(Mumbai - Malad) for request submission. I remember someone on the board said we can drop in early business hours and get PCC done. Is this really true? Can we walk in and get this done without a prior appointment?
yes you need not take an appointment for pcc issuance. You ca just walk in and get the pcc issued in about 2hrs...good luck

abcpunjab

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
BlueZoo said:
Guys,

Thanks!!
when did ur application reach CIC? and ur Visa office?

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....