+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randev

May 5, 2014
Hello All,

I have been analyzing the spreadsheet and was wondering about a few things. I think this is a relevant post since many of you have queried as to what people's estimates are with respect to the number of applications received so far. Here are the things that I noted and have been wondering about:

1) Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112) was a “hot” occupation last year and appears to be one of the most nominated occupations this year as well. However, Auditors and Accountants (NOC 1111) doesn't seem to be with just 5 applicants so far per the spreadsheet. Every company needs to get its accounts done and accountants and auditors are ubiquitous. i.e., there are so many of accountants around the world. Why is it that very few seem to have applied under the NOC 1111 category or are we, based on the spreadsheet, very seriously misjudging the actual number of applicants?

2) Again based on the spreadsheet, it appears that interest in FSWP seems to be limited to a few countries (India, Philippines, Singapore, etc.) Of particular concern to me is the number of applicants who have declared Beijing as their VO. Isn't it very, very plausible that the number of applicants from China – the most populous country on earth- is much, much higher than that on the spreadsheet. Of course, there is no way of finding out how many applications are being received daily, but doesn't the absence of the absolute majority of countries on the spreadsheet make you wonder if the spreadsheet is making us significantly underestimate the actual number of applicants.

What do you guys think?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
randev said:
Hello All,
I have been analyzing the spreadsheet and was wondering about a few things. I think this is a relevant post since many of you have queried as to what people's estimates are with respect to the number of applications received so far. Here are the things that I noted and have been wondering about:
1) Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112) was a “hot” occupation last year and appears to be one of the most nominated occupations this year as well. However, Auditors and Accountants (NOC 1111) doesn't seem to be with just 5 applicants so far per the spreadsheet. Every company needs to get its accounts done and accountants and auditors are ubiquitous. i.e., there are so many of accountants around the world. Why is it that very few seem to have applied under the NOC 1111 category or are we, based on the spreadsheet, very seriously misjudging the actual number of applicants?
2) Again based on the spreadsheet, it appears that interest in FSWP seems to be limited to a few countries (India, Philippines, Singapore, etc.) Of particular concern to me is the number of applicants who have declared Beijing as their VO. Isn't it very, very plausible that the number of applicants from China – the most populous country on earth- is much, much higher than that on the spreadsheet. Of course, there is no way of finding out how many applications are being received daily, but doesn't the absence of the absolute majority of countries on the spreadsheet make you wonder if the spreadsheet is making us significantly underestimate the actual number of applicants.
What do you guys think?
You hit the nail on the head. Just reviewing the nationalities of the people who post comments, sent the deatils and are active on this blog shows a skew in favor of India and Pakistan. However, it's generally known that the Chinese are among the greatest applicants to the FSW yet they have so little representation on this blog. Even my fellow Africans are so quiet here but I assure you a LOT of them are sending in their applications.
My summary? Don't rely on the stats from this blog and the spreadsheet. Just send in your application and pray hard, it's all in God's hands.

harry911

Star Member
May 27, 2013
NEW DELHI
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
08/09/2014
Med's Done....
16/09/2014
Passport Req..
22-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-15
LANDED..........
20-03-15 .... can't wait :)
Hi Admins.....

Kindly update my details in the columns in the spreadsheet.... Application received at the CIO office at 10:47 AM on the 7th May'14, signed by M.KRSZWDA.

Thanks
Harry

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
I have another question.
I was not able toget reference letters from my employess with job duties as its against there policy. So i have asked my colleagues to write it for me along with there business cards. I did not create a affidavite but have notarized them. Along with it o have seny offer letters ,promotion letters ,salary slips etc.

Will this be accepted ? What i read in the forum is to get a affidavite, which i have not done.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Century said:
To me it will be 6 years provide that it is listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011. Interpret yourself from the below excerpt:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg72b
Factor 3: Work experience (maximum of 15 points)

"In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011."
Thanx Century, I had just checked the CIC website and found that all my experience counts as they under Skill level A.

randev

May 5, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
You hit the nail on the head. Just reviewing the nationalities of the people who post comments, sent the deatils and are active on this blog shows a skew in favor of India and Pakistan. However, it's generally known that the Chinese are among the greatest applicants to the FSW yet they have so little representation on this blog. Even my fellow Africans are so quiet here but I assure you a LOT of them are sending in their applications.
My summary? Don't rely on the stats from this blog and the spreadsheet. Just send in your application and pray hard, it's all in God's hands.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the question that I raised. So, it's not just me who thinks that the spreadsheet, while being very, very useful, may not be the best tool in estimating the actual number of applications that are being received at the CIO.

Randev

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
brother but Guide 7000 tells this 6+ i have just copied it below

"You will receive points for the number of years of full-time paid work (or the equivalent in part-time paid work) you have obtained within the last ten years. Full-time means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week.

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in the primary occupation you specify in your application.

In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011. Follow the Determining your NOC category instructions above to find the NOC 2011 category that matches your skilled work experience over the past ten years.

You must provide proof of your work experience with your application. Refer to the Document Checklist (PDF, 240 KB) for more information.
"

TangoCharlie1234 said:
2 years will be considered my friend not 6+, hope you calculated your points based on that?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
TangoCharlie1234 said:
just 3 years buddy not 6, hope you calculated ur points accordingly?
You're wrong bro. I actually read from the CIC website that what matters is wether your occupation is listed as Skill Type O, A or B. All my jobs were under Skill level A, so my entire work experience counts.

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
Dear Members

I applied for IELTS test for May 10, 2014 through british council. For this i applied online on April 29, 2014 and submitted the fee through designated bank on may 02, 2014. They have mishandled my case and are not allowing me to sit in the May 10 test and are offering me May 17, 2014. They also sent me acknowelgement for my test and it was mentioned that my seat is held for this provided if i pay the fee in next 5 days and upload the relevant ID docs, which i did. it was also mentioned in the email that if you dont pay within deadline (5days), your place will be cancelled.

But now they are saying that at the end of this email, it is a also written that "Your application will be processed upon receipt and test date will be confirmed, subject to availability" and on this basis they are not allowing me to sit in.

Dont you people think that these are mutiple below condition in single email and candidates are being fooled; i-e

1. A place is held for you at the test centre shown below. A test place is confirmed only after the required ID document has been submitted and approved and payment has been received.
2. Cancellation only when they do not receive the payment

and finally even if you meet all desired requirements, they have mentioned buffet condition that "Your application will be processed upon receipt and test date will be confirmed, subject to availability"

I kept following them for the last 5-6 days through emails and phone calls untill finally when i went personally, they simply said that your seat is not in May 10, test date. I may avail May 17 test date or can get refund of my money.

Did this happen to some one and shouldnt i raise official complaint against their vague email commnication?

i after submitting the required fee for IELTS, also applied to WES for credentail assessment and hoping that i will catch up the train for immigration of 2014.

What do you think that if i appear in May 17 test, whose result will come by June 01/02; will i be able to make it before cap ceases......

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
thanks century for your reply :)

Century said:
Just read the earlier post and you decide.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Suhas said:
Dear Members

I applied for IELTS test for May 10, 2014 through british council. For this i applied online on April 29, 2014 and submitted the fee through designated bank on may 02, 2014. They have mishandled my case and are not allowing me to sit in the May 10 test and are offering me May 17, 2014. They also sent me acknowelgement for my test and it was mentioned that my seat is held for this provided if i pay the fee in next 5 days and upload the relevant ID docs, which i did. it was also mentioned in the email that if you dont pay within deadline (5days), your place will be cancelled.

But now they are saying that at the end of this email, it is a also written that "Your application will be processed upon receipt and test date will be confirmed, subject to availability" and on this basis they are not allowing me to sit in.

Dont you people think that these are mutiple below condition in single email and candidates are being fooled; i-e

1. A place is held for you at the test centre shown below. A test place is confirmed only after the required ID document has been submitted and approved and payment has been received.

and finally even if you meet all desired requirements, they have mentioned buffet condition that "Your application will be processed upon receipt and test date will be confirmed, subject to availability"

I kept following them for the last 5-6 days through emails and phone calls untill finally when i went personally, they simply said that your seat is not in May 10, test date. I may avail May 17 test date or can get refund of my money.

Did this happen to some one and shouldnt i raise official complaint against their vague email commnication?

i after submitting the required fee for IELTS, also applied to WES for credentail assessment and hoping that i will catch up the train for immigration of 2014.

What do you think that if i appear in May 17 test, whose result will come by June 01/02; will i be able to make it before cap ceases......
What is your primary NOC?

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Received by CIO: Nov. 24th 2014.
Nomination.....
CC charged Jan. 18th 2015.
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 13th
IELTS Request
Included/ Ecas got live on Jan 30th
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
randev said:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the question that I raised. So, it's not just me who thinks that the spreadsheet, while being very, very useful, may not be the best tool in estimating the actual number of applications that are being received at the CIO.

Randev
randev, as p.husband mentioned, as well as many other people previously in this forum, members of this forum (according to the fsw 2013 spreadsheet and CIC's updates from the last year fsw program) represent apprx 25-30% of total applicants. so yes, this forum and our spreadsheet is very very helpful to get an idea on timelines, your turn for PER and similar stuff, but it is far from the total No of applicants for each NOC.

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
Thumsup said:
I have another question.
I was not able toget reference letters from my employess with job duties as its against there policy. So i have asked my colleagues to write it for me along with there business cards. I did not create a affidavite but have notarized them. Along with it o have seny offer letters ,promotion letters ,salary slips etc.

Will this be accepted ? What i read in the forum is to get a affidavite, which i have not done.
Anyone who ca help me out here.

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Pipis Husband said:
Spot on! the forum provides guidance on application and also gives an idea of whats going on at cic concerning the processing of application. For instance, last year we were able to know when the caps got filled way before it was updated on the website. In all, its a useful tool for us and thanks to all of us here for making this happen. Wish all Success in our endeavours...

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Suhas said:
Dear Members

Providing your NOC will assist in answering your question whether its hot or cold ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.