+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Futurist said:
applying by third week of September would be safe?
no one can say anything about 2171....its not the fastest one but not the slowest one as well......lets pray and wish all the best for u, by September mid u will have a clear picture about it but I hope u can make it in 2171. good luck.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarki said:
Hey guys..
I am in a dilemma. Request you to read and give your opinion.
Till now..I was planning to apply in NOC 2171.
I was planning to show my work experience from 2007-2011 in this NOC.
Even though my job titles match exactly the sample titles as shown in 2171, my roles have changed quite considerably during this period
for example, from 2007-2008, I did many of the roles as described in 2171.
But from 2009-2011, I was actually a Program Manager. Many of my roles do match the roles that are mentioned in NOC 0213(computer and information system managers). I used to plan and analyse activities for my project, I used to meet clients to finalize requirements, I used to plan and control the budget and I actually supervised a very large team of 50+ employees(onsite+offshore).

The way the cap limit is reaching, I am a bit skeptical about 2171. My gut feeling says I can still make it but why take a chance. So today, all of a sudden I started thinking why shouldn't I apply in 0213 when I have actually done all those roles ??

-> Is it a good idea to apply under 0213 now ? I can get the required reference letter from my supervisor. Not a problem.
-> I was checking the spreadsheet and I am surprised that there are not many people who applied in 0213. Any specific reason ?
-> Even though my roles have changed, there is no change in my salary (a typical IT services company..I hope you guys understand). Do you think CIC might not accept this as I am saying I became a manger with no change in my salary ??
You can't apply under 0213 as it is not an eligible occupation. You must have one year of work experience in an eligible NOC to qualify. It seems like you do, but it's either going to be 2171 or some other one from the list. You will still get points for experience under 0213, but it CANNOT be your primary NOC. You should list for each period of employment the NOC that most closely matches your duties.

Good luck.

Gsw

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 01-10-2014
File Transfer...
2nd line on 13th April, 2015
Med's Request
18th April, 2015
Med's Done....
Medical received 14th July , 2015
Passport Req..
12th August, 2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 11th January, 2016. Vancouver
arundasp said:
Hi All,

How to get PCC from Dubai ? Please explain the procedure, my friend stayed more than 2 years in Dubai.

Thanks
Arun
Hi Arun

Pls tell ur fren google it 1st

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
PSPK said:
Hi All

I am new to this forum!!!! This is a good platform for sharing our experiences and glad to see that all members are very helpful. :) :) :)

This is to inform that I had applied for NOC 2174. Application reached on 16th may 2014 and CC got charged on 26th Aug 2014.

Will be now following this forum... :p :p

Thanks
PSPK

Congrats dear

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarki said:
oh damn !! my apologies guys for wasting your time.
I was checking this website
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*
(I thought all the 50 jobs are listed here also...never really counted ;D)

So basically CIC doesn't want IT managers this year !! hmm..fine. I'll apply for 2171.

Anyway..now i think about it, it was silly on my part not to cross check it. Sorry again.
no need for sorry buddy, here in this forum no question is silly, stupid and useless. we are here to learn and help each other on every aspect we can with regards and respect.

u were visiting some other websites, that's not an issue and problem. the good thing is that now u know and u r clear about in which noc u should apply and proceed.

I wish u goodluck and all the best for future.

mg20140104

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
29 March 2015
Med's Request
29 March 2015
Med's Done....
2 April 2015
Hello Seniors,

I am in the process getting my documents notorised and noticed the following:

I do not have a pass certificate for my 12th exam. I have the marksheets, 2 of them as I cleared 1 paper in the second attempt. Can I give my marksheet for 12th and not give the pass certificate, as I do not have it?

I have the pass certificate for my 10th which also mentions the marks but do not have the marksheet :(

I have had my ECA done and my Master's certificate is recignised in Canada. I will be sending notorised copies of my bachelors and masters grad certificates. Do I also need to send the transcripts?

Please help. I am really confused.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhaantariq said:
yes its a good idea and infact a better decision to apply under 0213 as it reflects exactly what u r doing currently.

people didn't applied under that noc can have many reasons, like you many of those have performed different job duties and already applied in other nocs so that's why they didn't considered applying under this one. there can be many reasons.

it doesn't matter that ur salary is increased or decreased or remained the same. cio has nothing to do with it, earning salary is not a requirement, less or more, no matter. its wont gona effect ur app. u will only mention the job title u currently holds, u will not mention that u became manager, also u will just mention how much u r earning, not that u started on this salary and still earning the same. so its fine don't worry.

good luck for ur app and apply sooner don't waste time.
0213 is not an eligible NOC.

Also you may not only mention your most current designation or job duties. If you moved from one role to another within the same employer your reference letter should reflect this. It's possible that time spent with one employer could qualify under two different NOCs because of switching roles. Whatever the reality of the situation was is what should go on the application and in the reference letter.

paras juneja

Star Member
May 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2014
muraliksrm said:
I don't have a Date of Birth certificate and i am planning to get a notary for DOB.
will they accept notary if i get it in below format.

I XXXXX(Applicant Name ) Son or Daughter or Wife /O (as applicable), (Father's and Mother's Name) XXXXXX Resident of XXXXXXX (Address) do hereby Solemnly affirm and declare as follows:-
(I) That my actual date of birth is (in figure) Date-Month-Year (In words) at XXXXXX (Place & country of birth)
The same is detailed in my Passport bearing no: XXXXXXXX which was issued by the Passport office, Republic of India

I hereby state that the Content of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Place: XXXXX Deponent Date: XXXXX
Sworn Before Me
(Notary person seal & Signature)
I dont thinks you need to give D O B affidavit they will take your passport and educational certificate as your D O B .

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
0213 is not an eligible NOC.

Also you may not only mention your most current designation or job duties. If you moved from one role to another within the same employer your reference letter should reflect this. It's possible that time spent with one employer could qualify under two different NOCs because of switching roles. Whatever the reality of the situation was is what should go on the application and in the reference letter.
that's my bad that I didn't checked about 0213 and blindly suggested him to proceed with it, but later on I checked it and told him about it.

thanks for elaborating and explaining the other things as well in details. this clears many things.

sandy999

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Dear Friends

I am planning to apply under noc 0121 but for me still ot will take one month to despatch the same so can some one tell me that is there any chances for Noc 0121 get filled up....

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gsw said:
@ eevryone who haven't posted application for fsw 14 till now

Just a suggestion,

Please use fresh email id for this application instead of using ur regular one
Reason 1: you can count on that inbox for "only" mail from cic in future
Reason:2 cic /lvo won't be able to trace ur fb or linkedin profile linked to ur regular mail id and u can make new fb or linkedin profile with sync to ur application

Precaution is better than cure !
You think they won't google your name and find your social media profiles that way?

Furthermore, what you are suggesting is misrepresentation, which will result in rejection and a ban from Canada.

-1 sir

vcns

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Nomination.....
07/01/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 Warsaw,Poland
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
second line updated on 28 April
Med's Request
06/ 05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015 TLU-20/05/2015
Interview........
DM 26/08/2015
Passport Req..
04/09/2015
Hi members
For funds bank statement of saving account will work or I need to get any certificate from the bank?
thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PSPK said:
Hi All

I am new to this forum!!!! This is a good platform for sharing our experiences and glad to see that all members are very helpful. :) :) :)

This is to inform that I had applied for NOC 2174. Application reached on 16th may 2014 and CC got charged on 26th Aug 2014.

Will be now following this forum... :p :p

Thanks
PSPK
congrats

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar7 said:
Hi, The thought process wasn't fully baked on those suggestions, although I am sure Gsw's suggestion was only to help everyone

There is not much one can do to hide any online information at this time, just two things possible:

1- Not keep online profiles, and / or

2- Put everything honestly in the PR application so it matches with one's online footprint

Trust that clarifies!
Be honest? What a shocking suggestion! :eek:

+1 brother. But I have a backlog of so many +1s for you it will take a while to deliver them all.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarki said:
frankly speaking, till today I didn't even notice 0213.
I have almost 11 yrs of work ex and I can claim in any of the 2174, 2173 and 2171. (and now even 0213 after reading the description of that NOC).
I took a decision to apply to canada just a couple of months back and then I stumbled upon this forum where every Indian IT guy is talking about only 2171, 2173 or 2174. So I concluded it is a safe bet to apply for 2171.

But, just today when I was seeing financial managers and marketing managers profiles, it struck how come there is no IT manager NOC. And then I read about 0213. But as you said, there must be some reason that NOBODY applied in it till now. :eek:
There sure is a reason: it's not eligible for FSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.