+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as an immigrant mostly people select Toronto as their destination of choice initially because the advantages can be its the largest city with more facilities available for employment, housing, health, education and other things. the downside also with more risks, more security issues, inflation, e.t.c.

I would like to know from some one who already is in Canada or landed in the last few months, is it wise decision to select and live in Toronto or should we consider other places as well initially? later on we can move on any where but I m talking abt a de-facto standard of choosing Toronto as destination to live.

I have no one in Canada, no friends no relatives no enemies :D .........I will be the 1st to move in there from my family side and in-laws as well.......so was thinking about how life will be there in Toronto. also I m seeing lot of people selecting other places to start life in Canada. they have their own priorities and issues but as a new person who has never been to there, no relatives lives there as well.......what would be safe bet to play with?

advice please, thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
farhaantariq said:
as an immigrant mostly people select Toronto as their destination of choice initially because the advantages can be its the largest city with more facilities available for employment, housing, health, education and other things. the downside also with more risks, more security issues, inflation, e.t.c.

I would like to know from some one who already is in Canada or landed in the last few months, is it wise decision to select and live in Toronto or should we consider other places as well initially? later on we can move on any where but I m talking abt a de-facto standard of choosing Toronto as destination to live.

I have no one in Canada, no friends no relatives no enemies :D .........I will be the 1st to move in there from my family side and in-laws as well.......so was thinking about how life will be there in Toronto. also I m seeing lot of people selecting other places to start life in Canada. they have their own priorities and issues but as a new person who has never been to there, no relatives lives there as well.......what would be safe bet to play with?

advice please, thanks.
Toronto is a very expensive city to live and since you don't have the soft landing of staying get with friends d's or relatives, look out the other cities to land first. Research smaller cities where your work profile can get you a job. Try LinkedIn, monster.co.ca and also contact some recruitment agents to find cities where you can get work commensurate with your skills if you had a PR visa. Best of luck.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Oscar7 said:
aah ok...I see that you are a 2147 guy so a computer hardware engineer, right?

That reminds me my new hp i5 is in Bangalore now, just arrived from US ;D can't wait to lay my hands on it LOL but it might take a while before I get to see it

Ha ha Oscar, one of my NOC's job title closed one with ur mentioned title.....but I am a pure telecom planning guy.... :)

fmz

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting......
AOR Received.
Waiting......
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
11/09/2014
Med's Request
Waiting......
Med's Done....
Waiting......
Interview........
Waiting......
Passport Req..
Waiting......
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
Waiting......
Dear Bloggers,

1 )How long does the PCC should be valid before submitting to VO...??

2 ) At the moments i have having second thoughts about Toronto....how could i select city where i want to settle down.Meanings,where to look for Pros and Cons of cities that might be my second home.

3 ) As i have heard,once landed Immigration officer would ask me to mention an address where PR cards should be sent to.For me,i don't have relatives in Canada,and would like to return back to my home country after my landings formalities are completed...How could i PR cards be received ??

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Oscar7 said:
Well friend, it is always hard to contemplate what and how VOs will whack who's a$$. That said, at a high level your plan seems okay. The only doubt I have is what if VO says I also want to see your salary account where salary is being deposited every month, at that time when he / she checks for settlement funds again, let's say 5 months down the line.

Think through and get some more comments from our guys here - ashif / century / shah / future are some that come to mind but in no way do I like to put just a few people in another category and disrespect anyone else's opinion. I trust you understand what I mean, please feel free to get opinion from anyone who is knowledgeable on this. Good luck & I pray this emergency situation gets resolved successfully without affecting your Canada plans! Cheers! :)
Thanks for positive feedback, appreciated. But you seem to be right as never know VO might ask down the road about salary account.

Anyways, praying to God to get some help.

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
POSTIVE ELIGIBILTY REVIEWS 9TH DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
2ND LINE UPDATED 2ND FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Request
REQUEST RECIEVED ON 23RD FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
JUNE 8TH 2015 PASSPORT SUBITTED:- 19TH JUNE 2015 !!! AS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE POSITIVE ONES!!! 8TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
15-08-2015 CAN BE ASAP AS WELL (BEFORE THAT DATE) AS I GET MAPLE PR VISA !!
Oscar7 said:
Although Gurgaon would have been preferable since that is your 'current' address as well as the designated 'address for correspondence' with CIC. But it doesn't matter where you get it from i.e. Delhi is okay as well. Since it is 1 for country either works - get it from where it is easy. Both cities are anyway adjacent to each other.

BTW, is Delhi address home owned by your family? If it is, all the more simple for your case
Yes it does belong to us so delhi is easier since they have the standard procedure

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzadpir said:
Dear Experts,

I just want one clarification regarding proof of funds/ bank statement (mentioned below).

Recently I have met an unfortunate incident and am in need of a chunk amount of money. I have already declared 20,000 Canadian Dollors as proof of funds from Riyad bank in my FSWP 2014 application.This is the same bank in which my salary is being deposited every month and the same information I have provided in my application so I am not feeling comfortable for taking loan from this bank because If I'll take loan from Riyad bank then it will appear as liability in my bank statement and bank certificate in future but I have no choice except to take loan so I am thinking to open a new account in an other bank i.e. SABB bank and take loan from this bank to compensate the loss. But, for that purpose SABB bank is asking me to start depositing my Salary in SABB bank and stop salary transfer in Riyad bank then only I will be eligible to take loan.

In this case, Can I keep 20,000 Canadian dollors, which I have shown in my FSWP application, in Riyad bank and stop transferring my salary in Riyad bank? will it be right thing to do?
What will happen when CIO/Visa office will ask me at later stage of my application to provide bank details in proof of funds? In that case, do I need to show both banks or Riyad bank will be sufficient.

Need some guidance in this matter?
brother understand that nowdays all the banks are connected online to the central bank, when immigration authorities do a background check for your finances, they will automatically come to know how many accounts u r operating in how many banks. so one this is clear for sure is that u just cant hide ur financial details from them.

now the second thing is that, as long as u r maintaining and fulfilling the amount of POF, ur application will not be hurt. by saying that I mean u have kept 20000 separately and lets say took a loan of 10000, the VO will see it as 20000-10000=10000. so if in your case the minimum requirement of POF is not more than 10000 then u will be fine with it. but if u r applying with family then the requirement will be higher than that.

in that way it will be deducted that even though u r maintaining 20000, it will still be less then what is required cos they will deduct loan amount from it and then see how much u r left with.

one suggestion: if you have any friends or relatives in saudia or anywhere else, ask them to give u loan. in this way u will be fine with your records and when u get PR, u can return back loan amount and can travel to Canada. hope this helps.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Toronto is a very expensive city to live and since you don't have the soft landing of staying get with friends d's or relatives, look out the other cities to land first. Research smaller cities where your work profile can get you a job. Try LinkedIn, monster.co.ca and also contact some recruitment agents to find cities where you can get work commensurate with your skills if you had a PR visa. Best of luck.
that's one important point to consider, but are other cities not expensive also? how much they are cheaper then Toronto? if its not that much of a difference then why not give a try to Toronto?

also in what way Toronto is expensive? housing? schooling? travelling? living? food? medical facilities?

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
POSTIVE ELIGIBILTY REVIEWS 9TH DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
2ND LINE UPDATED 2ND FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Request
REQUEST RECIEVED ON 23RD FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
JUNE 8TH 2015 PASSPORT SUBITTED:- 19TH JUNE 2015 !!! AS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE POSITIVE ONES!!! 8TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
15-08-2015 CAN BE ASAP AS WELL (BEFORE THAT DATE) AS I GET MAPLE PR VISA !!
Oscar7 said:
Then it is all the more easy. If you are asked why you got it from Delhi (though no one will ask that) you can say I live in Gurgaon but I go to my Delhi house when I need to take a dump :p and it is easy to get attacked when one is 'busy' taking a dump so got my PCC from there. And make sure you smile after you say that ;D Trust me no further question will be asked on the subject! ;)
Iye iye sir it's done I'm just afraid what happens if I'm travelling from Gurgaon to delhi for the dump I may not end up shitting in my pants lol :D ;D ;D ;D ;D thanks for tha advise nice and to the point

Sunny1981

Aug 31, 2014
I am preparing my documents, and looking forward to submit my application in Middle of October..

Seniors, please advice, which category I should apply from
Software Engineer or
Computer Programmer

Do I have any chance in these two categories?

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny1981 said:
I am preparing my documents, and looking forward to submit my application in Middle of October..

Seniors, please advice, which category I should apply from
Software Engineer or
Computer Programmer

Do I have any chance in these two categories?
brother forget about noc 2174 and 2173. u can try ur luck in other related nocs.

anarki

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hey guys..
I am in a dilemma. Request you to read and give your opinion.
Till now..I was planning to apply in NOC 2171.
I was planning to show my work experience from 2007-2011 in this NOC.
Even though my job titles match exactly the sample titles as shown in 2171, my roles have changed quite considerably during this period
for example, from 2007-2008, I did many of the roles as described in 2171.
But from 2009-2011, I was actually a Program Manager. Many of my roles do match the roles that are mentioned in NOC 0213(computer and information system managers). I used to plan and analyse activities for my project, I used to meet clients to finalize requirements, I used to plan and control the budget and I actually supervised a very large team of 50+ employees(onsite+offshore).

The way the cap limit is reaching, I am a bit skeptical about 2171. My gut feeling says I can still make it but why take a chance. So today, all of a sudden I started thinking why shouldn't I apply in 0213 when I have actually done all those roles ??

-> Is it a good idea to apply under 0213 now ? I can get the required reference letter from my supervisor. Not a problem.
-> I was checking the spreadsheet and I am surprised that there are not many people who applied in 0213. Any specific reason ?
-> Even though my roles have changed, there is no change in my salary (a typical IT services company..I hope you guys understand). Do you think CIC might not accept this as I am saying I became a manger with no change in my salary ??

Status
Not open for further replies.