+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcoral

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June, 2014
Doc's Request.
16th Nov 14
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
27th Jan, 2015
Med's Done....
31st Jan, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2015
etcetera said:
I have a question regarding Schedule 3 (Economic Classes). My desire NOC is 0911, so, I type 0911 on 12a. Question is that my current occupation falls under 0015 not 0911. But my previous job does fall under 0911.

On 12b. I need to indicate my current job follow by my previous occupation. I'd like to ask that I should leave the NOC box blank or I need to put 0015 ? Then for follow with my desire NOC 0911. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
You cannot leave anything blank...
Write 0911

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
coolcoral said:
Dear Asif,

(1) My wife is principal applicant. Is it necessary that 10th standard certificate of mine is also required to be attached? The reason being that some spelling mistake on 10th standard certificate, which I do not wish to attach, to avoid confusion. I can attach certificates from 12th std. onwards.

(2) I have a birth certificate issued by a town office (Mondal office). Of course it is in English. This certificate was issued just about 6 years back. Whether this would serve or not for me a spouse (not principal applicant)

(3) Whether passport would serve as proof of birth.

Please advise.

Regards
Bro,

1. U should submit ur (spouse) educational docs since doc checklist does not indicate to submit.

Please check the doc checklist @ point 13:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

2. U should submit ur BC with translation.

3. Passport can not be send as BC.

Hope this will help...:)

P3142

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13 May 2015
vam37 said:
Thanks for the response.

I have applied for WES and they say that i have to attest the original mark sheets by the Controller of Examinations or registrars office.

Can u please tell me what do they mean by this ??
You have to apply to your university and they have to attest and post by themselves. You can ask whether you can submit a envelope with TO address written by you and fix the postal charge (stamps) pre weighed by you at the post office. Most of the universities will not send by courier. I talk about most of the Indian Universities. Try your luck soon without delay.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
ashif_eee said:
U should write about the current employment...if u cant manage the reference letter from current company then u can arrange , then you should provide a solemn declaration / affidavit explaining in detail why are you unable to do so. The officers at the VO are aware of the fact that different employers have different policies towards issuing such adhoc letters and may not cooperate in issuing such a letter. Please do attach all your employment records with the declaration.

This may accepted by CIC, and will increase ur points too!...

Good luck...
Thank you brother.
Only issue is it might create unnecessary confusion for case officer, if I'am not able to provide my work experience in the required format from my current employer.
I really do not require any additional points, I have more then enough points with my 3 years experience.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
shakti123 said:
Thank you brother.
Only issue is it might create unnecessary confusion for case officer, if I'am not able to provide my work experience in the required format from my current employer.
I really do not require any additional points, I have more then enough points with my 3 years experience.
Dont worry about that brother...U can make it...:)

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
rawdah said:
Just that it will raise suspicion in the eyes of your case officer if you submit exact word to word copy & paste duties from website.
It is wise to submit job duties in your own words somewhat similar to the NOC duties and must match atleast 60 to 70 % of the NOC duties.
I agree with you. However few were lucky to get thru as per link below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/job-description-on-refferance-letter-t125779.0.html

Labyrinth

Apr 29, 2014
Employment requirements for NOC# 2174 is:
1. A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
OR
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

2. Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering (B.E.) and 11+ years experience in IT/Software. Can I apply under NOC# 2174 category? Will CIC reject my application since I do not have a degree in Computer Science or specialization in programming?

Your advice will be very much appreciated.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
giova424 said:
Hello guys.

Could you please help me with this question:

If i got 10 months working 55 hours per week, can that count +1 year of exp?
if so, should i declare in IMM0008 Schedule 3: Economic Classes 1 Year but less than 2?

Thanks!
I guess u will require atleast one yr working period even if u have more than 3o hrs working hr/week.

CIC tells:

"You will receive points for the number of years of full-time paid work (or the equivalent in part-time paid work) you have obtained within the last ten years. Full-time means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week.

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in the primary occupation you specify in your application."

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
shakti123 said:
Thank you brother.
Please understand that points for three year will be counted only of you submit dreference letter for 3 years from employer

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Balaji2329 said:
Hi Ashif,

One of my friend applied for FSW 2013. He got the PR now...

I saw his application, he filled as below,

12.a) Mechanical engineer 2132
12.b) Senior Engineer 2132.

He didnt fill the exact designation as in 12. b) but he got the VISA. Now what we can do, i am so confused on this part. Please give me a perfect answer..
Well, CIC is mainly concerned with the job duties matching with NOC code duties. Even if he had filled Q.12.a) as "Senior Engineer" he would have got visa.

But you cannot specify a totally different occupation in Q.12.a with its corresponding NOC code. For example you cannot specify your occupation as "Nurse" and write NOC code as 2132, NOC code 2132 is for Mechanical Engineer. Mechanical Engineer and Nurse are two extremes.

The occupation has to be relevant with the NOC Code.

Hope you got my point.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
can2174 said:
Please understand that points for three year will be counted only of you submit dreference letter for 3 years from employer
I can submit the letters for 3 years, my past employer gave all the required letters...for me 3 years of work experience gives enough points...

My current employer of 2 years will not give any documents.. I even cant ask my current employer strongly about letters as it will create a very negative image that I might leave the company if i get PR.

So in 12b should I take the pain of explaining about these things for the 2 years experience which I dont need.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Labyrinth said:
Employment requirements for NOC# 2174 is:
1. A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
OR
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

2. Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering (B.E.) and 11+ years experience in IT/Software. Can I apply under NOC# 2174 category? Will CIC reject my application since I do not have a degree in Computer Science or specialization in programming?

Your advice will be very much appreciated.
Not at all brother...Its the requriement for the employment in Canada...So if u r once in CA then u might require this qualifications...

So dont worry...If u r having with the duties of 2174 then go for that without hesitation...:). U already have Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering ..So no worry...:)

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
shakti123 said:
I can submit the letters for 3 years, my past employer gave all the required letters...for me 3 years of work experience gives enough points...

My current employer of 2 years will not give any documents.. I even cant ask my current employer strongly about letters as it will create a very negative image that I might leave the company if i get PR.

So in 12b should I take the pain of explaining about these things for the 2 years experience which I dont need.
If this is the case then you need to explain in covering letter. But 12b should be filed with ur actual experience irrespective of reference letter. Just make sure what u specify in 12a..u should have refwrence letter for corresponding occupation. Also submit sufficient proof about ur current job like service certificate , appointment letter, hike or promotion letter,pay stubs, may be linkedin profile of your direct supervisor.

Apr 30, 2014
Hello All!

I would like to apply for this year's FSW but I have a few questions, I hope someone can answer:

1. I was in the IT field in 2004, as a Network Administrator (2281). I changed work since then until present where I am now in a different NOC which is not in the list. Can I still apply?

2. I have been working the past 10 years, no gaps. Will I be given points for 10 years work experience?

Thanks in advance guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.