+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Regarding CAP no one can guess with 100% surety, But you should sent your app ASAP.You should be OK
You will have to fill your VO as London.
The sentence you quoted from CIC is itself your answer.Which clearly means You should be(Physically) in US for past 1 year.
So technically you are wrong, Visa is separate thing and Legal Admission to a country is separate.
Having Visa for some country does not give right to admission, you can be denied admission at landing, if you fail to satisfy
Immigration officer.

Hope it is clear :)

Hades009 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new here, well have been following this post for quite some time but first time posting. I hope you will help me as well... :D

Currently I am about to apply for NOC 2171 meaning my "Lawyer" will be shipping it soon to CIC. To be on the safe side lets say the application will reach the CIC (I am including multiple transit times) on 9th of July. Do you think I have a chance before CAP is reached for NOC 2171?

Secondly I am a resident of Qatar and citizen of Pakistan. Both of them have London as a processing center. Here is my question, I will be moving to USA in early Sep 2014. Can I choose the CPC-O as my processing center? Since I have already been issued a F1 visa. The CIC on their website state the following:

find your country of nationality or country/territory where you have been legally admitted for one year.

Does it mean that I have to by physically present in the US b4 this could be applied or since I do have a f1 student visa, that can satisfy the residence requirement? Technically I have a US "Residence Permit" meaning I can technically reside legally in the US for more than one year. Pls suggest.

Thank you all!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Hades009 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new here, well have been following this post for quite some time but first time posting. I hope you will help me as well... :D

Currently I am about to apply for NOC 2171 meaning my "Lawyer" will be shipping it soon to CIC. To be on the safe side lets say the application will reach the CIC (I am including multiple transit times) on 9th of July. Do you think I have a chance before CAP is reached for NOC 2171?

Secondly I am a resident of Qatar and citizen of Pakistan. Both of them have London as a processing center. Here is my question, I will be moving to USA in early Sep 2014. Can I choose the CPC-O as my processing center? Since I have already been issued a F1 visa. The CIC on their website state the following:

find your country of nationality or country/territory where you have been legally admitted for one year.

Does it mean that I have to by physically present in the US b4 this could be applied or since I do have a f1 student visa, that can satisfy the residence requirement? Technically I have a US "Residence Permit" meaning I can technically reside legally in the US for more than one year. Pls suggest.

Thank you all!
1.You have come this far....all you got to do is apply without thinking of the CAP.....Just pray and hope for good news concerning your application.

2.You must understand that getting an F1 Visa is different from been lawfully admitted into that country.
Been lawfully admitted in CIC means you have stayed in that country for at least one year.(check page 3 of the document checklist).If you have been admitted by reason of stamp(with date) or status document issued at the port of entry into US for up to a year,you can present it and pick CPC-O as your visa office.
My understanding of your status means you have the F1 visa (In fact,you are just planning to be there by sept,2014) but you have no evidence that you have been lawfully admitted into US within the last one year....For this singular reason,your visa office will surely be London.
Your US residence permit means you can technically reside in US but IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE BEEN LAWFULLY&SUCCESSFULLY ADMITTED INTO US.
Your LOCAL VISA office will be London.
Cheers.

sanv

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
k_b said:
I sent via UPS, received by MIKE, no signature, but App delivered successfuly. So no worries its perfectly normal.
thanx pal

Vikram_IDBI

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
14-04-2015
Med's Done....
24-05-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting desperately.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Members,

I have some confusion on my application for FSW. I am a banker and work with a Public Sector Bank for 12 years. I have been posted at different capacity at different times but mostly dealt with Recovery of assets. I intend to apply under NOC 0111 (Collection Deptt Manager). My question is:

1. Can I apply under NOC 0111 as my profile is best suited to 0122 (Bank Officials) which is not opened in current FSW?

2. As a collection Manager, I have one year of experience only and for the rest of the period I have been a Branch Manager, Credit Manager, Recovery Manager etc. What would be the points under Experience ('9' for one year of experience or '15' for more than 6 yrs of exp).

3. I won't be able to furnish Experience Certificates as my Bank does not provide the same. I have my appointment letter, Payslips etc. Is there a way to convince the CIC to understand the situation and establish my employment as a genuine one without having an Exp certificate.

Thanks for your valuable comments..

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vikram_IDBI said:
Hello Members,

I have some confusion on my application for FSW. I am a banker and work with a Public Sector Bank for 12 years. I have been posted at different capacity at different times but mostly dealt with Recovery of assets. I intend to apply under NOC 0111 (Collection Deptt Manager). My question is:

1. Can I apply under NOC 0111 as my profile is best suited to 0122 (Bank Officials) which is not opened in current FSW?

2. As a collection Manager, I have one year of experience only and for the rest of the period I have been a Branch Manager, Credit Manager, Recovery Manager etc. What would be the points under Experience ('9' for one year of experience or '15' for more than 6 yrs of exp).

3. I won't be able to furnish Experience Certificates as my Bank does not provide the same. I have my appointment letter, Payslips etc. Is there a way to convince the CIC to understand the situation and establish my employment as a genuine one without having an Exp certificate.

Without going into details of your job duties, a bank collection manager will fall under 0122. That NOC is not open for application.
YOu need to go through your main job duties and see whether it classifies in another NOC.

If you are not able to get a job description letter from your organization, you can do an affidavit. Not sure whether that would work without some secondary proof. Maybe you should take declarations from colleagues and superiors.

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hades009 said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you all!
"Legally admitted for one year" means -
{1}You have been admitted into the country in some status for at least 1 year.
{2} You have a physical presence at the time of application in consonance with that admission.

You have been NOT legally admitted, until you have been legally admitted in the US. Legally admitted means a I-94 with Duration of Status on F1. They don't issue I-94 anymore, so an entry stamp in the passport with "D/S" and a printout from the CBP website will be required.

A mere visa does not allow admission and is not evidence of admission. Visa just allows you to board a common carrier to go apply for admission in a port of entry in the US. You can have a visa, go to a port of entry happy happy singing all along, and then NOT get admitted. Happens all the time.

Most people don't understand this distinction.

SPSCHD

Jun 12, 2014
Hello Friends,

Wising you Best Of Luck to all of you. I am a fresher to this forum. I Have few queries regarding the entries made in spreadsheet and I will be very thankful to anyone who can give satisfied reply on the same.

CIC declared first capping on 6th June of 157 complete application received from 1 may to 6 June.

1. From these 157 apps, from 2171 category 5 has to be selected but we see 5 are saying they have received PER and another 8 are saying foe deductions. Total 13. HOW ???? 5 has to be selected and 13 are claiming.

2. From 157 apps, In category 2173, 20 has to be selected but 1 is claiming medical, 11 PER and another 11 deductions means total 23. HOW ???? 20 has to be selected and 23 are claiming.

3. Same is the case with 3012 category. According to CIC only 1 has to be selected and 4 are claiming. 2 deductions and 2 PERS.

IT is requested to please make me understand what is happening.

THANKS

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Vikram_IDBI said:
Hello Members,

Hi,

Your title does not matter.I would suggest you to go through the below link first and check if your duties are mostly in alignment with the lead statement and main duties:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111

For alternative to experience letters you can try the following:

1.If your supervisor/HR don't want to give you experience letter, try to get it from someone senior to you within your department;

2. If point 1 fails, try to get it from one of your colleagues of your department; ensure giving full contact details along with the visiting card.

3. If point 2 fails, try to get it from one(ideally two) of your colleagues from your company;ensure giving full contact details along with the visiting card.

4. If point 3 fails, then go for self- attested/notarized affidavit;

NB: The lower option you choose, the weaker the documentation

For all of the above cases, explain in cover letter, why you are not able to get the experience letter from your supervisor/HR. Also ensure providing appointment letter, promotion letter, increment letter, and pay slips.

Thanks

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
CIC data is not real time data.We cannot rely on it....no one knows until what date they have included
it just gives you rough estimate.

SPSCHD said:
Hello Friends,

Wising you Best Of Luck to all of you. I am a fresher to this forum. I Have few queries regarding the entries made in spreadsheet and I will be very thankful to anyone who can give satisfied reply on the same.

CIC declared first capping on 6th June of 157 complete application received from 1 may to 6 June.

1. From these 157 apps, from 2171 category 5 has to be selected but we see 5 are saying they have received PER and another 8 are saying foe deductions. Total 13. HOW ???? 5 has to be selected and 13 are claiming.

2. From 157 apps, In category 2173, 20 has to be selected but 1 is claiming medical, 11 PER and another 11 deductions means total 23. HOW ???? 20 has to be selected and 23 are claiming.

3. Same is the case with 3012 category. According to CIC only 1 has to be selected and 4 are claiming. 2 deductions and 2 PERS.

IT is requested to please make me understand what is happening.

THANKS

aha2174

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A complex question.. if someone has done similar to this please confirm or seniors please guide..

I was in US 1 year ago and applied for 2174 but file got returned due to Cap.. I got PCC from FBI and at that time I got 2 fingerprint copy of FD258 form.. one I sent and another one kept with myself.. In that form my US address is mentioned.. Now I am in India and I may need (inshallah) the PCC from FBI again.. My question is can I use the spare copy of my fingerprint or do I need to send a new fingerprint taken from India and send it to FBI.. I checked with JK Consultancy in Delhi near Dwarka and they said that they do it and will charge Rs. 4000 for one person and Rs. 7000 for two persons.

Please advise.. I know I can use old fingerprints but I just have doubt because of change in address..

Thanks

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
hi guys,

i have applied under NSNP this year but did not get any reply, now i want to apply under FSW 2014. here do i need to mention about the nsnp application in federal forms or not?

Anil Ch

May 4, 2014
Folks what I heard is once we get file number we can with draw funds. How far it is safe. Kindly give me genuine answer.

merrycan

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aha2174 said:
A complex question.. if someone has done similar to this please confirm or seniors please guide..

I was in US 1 year ago and applied for 2174 but file got returned due to Cap.. I got PCC from FBI and at that time I got 2 fingerprint copy of FD258 form.. one I sent and another one kept with myself.. In that form my US address is mentioned.. Now I am in India and I may need (inshallah) the PCC from FBI again.. My question is can I use the spare copy of my fingerprint or do I need to send a new fingerprint taken from India and send it to FBI.. I checked with JK Consultancy in Delhi near Dwarka and they said that they do it and will charge Rs. 4000 for one person and Rs. 7000 for two persons.

Please advise.. I know I can use old fingerprints but I just have doubt because of change in address..

Thanks
If the form is date-stamped (the fingerprint agency will note the date the fingerprint was collected) then you are better off getting a new set of fingerprints. You can print FD 258 on standard white paper and take fingerprints on that or that JK Consultancy can supply you with pre-printed forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.