+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
nshah32 said:
If you are choosing 2172 as primary NOC then you can claim 11 points for work experience.. I suggest that you should go with this NOC if you can manage at least 67 points with it as its not very much popular(HOT) amongst the one who wants to migrate. The similar trend is observed on SkillSelect (Australian Immigration) where Database related category CAPS are not even half filled.
This is not correct. You will get points for work experience as long as they fall under NOC O,A, or B and not just for the NOC that you nominate. So, you can nominate whatever NOC you want (given that you fulfill the minimum of one year full-time, paid work) and still gain points for all these experiences. Just make sure to include reference letters for all jobs showing full-time, paid employment and relevant job duties.

ack1990

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 04-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
nishesh3003 said:
CGI Houston says 'Birth Certificate as per Passport'

CGI Dubai says 'Certificate of Birth as per entry in Passport'

Assuming that you were born in India, and no other supporting documents were submitted, I can't Imagine the 'terminology' used in the title would make the difference.

Also going by this post - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2014-cecpr-applications-t198151.0.html;msg3248712#msg3248712 although its not clear which CGI was used to obtain the certificate, it is quiet clear that rejections have been made.

I think I am gonna have to go with the safest option here which seems to be an affidavit siting the error in the spelling with my current BC issued by my local municipality in India.

Can't think of another way which would get me some sleep at night.
I guess I can tell you one thing. If you have a SSC copy that states DOB, and one of the parents name, send it. See below:

I might got lucky because it says "birth certificate" and nothing else. They might have just glanced at the title and deemed the application to be complete.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ack1990 said:
I guess I can tell you one thing. If you have a SSC copy that states DOB, and one of the parents name, send it. See below:

I might got lucky because it says "birth certificate" and nothing else. They might have just glanced at the title and deemed the application to be complete.
Thanks for the pic ack1990.

I do have the SSC cert with the DOB but the issue is that my first name is misspelled on both the documents. Actually, its not technically a misspelling if you care to understand. My first name at birth and the primary school days was registered as Nishes which later on starting from high school became Nishesh.

The 'h' has made all the differrence.

:(

nshah32

Mar 25, 2014
namaste said:
This is not correct. You will get points for work experience as long as they fall under NOC O,A, or B and not just for the NOC that you nominate. So, you can nominate whatever NOC you want (given that you fulfill the minimum of one year full-time, paid work) and still gain points for all these experiences. Just make sure to include reference letters for all jobs showing full-time, paid employment and relevant job duties.
are you sure ?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
This is not correct. You will get points for work experience as long as they fall under NOC O,A, or B and not just for the NOC that you nominate. So, you can nominate whatever NOC you want (given that you fulfill the minimum of one year full-time, paid work) and still gain points for all these experiences. Just make sure to include reference letters for all jobs showing full-time, paid employment and relevant job duties.[/quote]

nshah32 said:
are you sure ?
yes, check the CIC guideline in quotes:

"In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011."

ksbaboo

Apr 25, 2014
Hope1957 said:
If you do not include your spouse and children on your application you will never be able to sponsor them again in the future. This means that they will never be able to accompany you in the future.
Thanks Hope1957 for providing the details.

Here is some background about my plan:

This time am going to be single applicant,whereas am not applying for my wife and kid. Hopefully if i get a PR, first I will go and settle in the Canada with some good job and after year or so I will sponsor for my wife and kid to move them to Canada. In this case as you mentioned I will furnish about my spouse and kid details in the FSW 2014 application wherever necessary. My question here is since am the only person going to apply without my spouse and kid for FSW 2014. Still I need to submit my marriage certificate along with my application? Kindly advise

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
one question...if we get the education assessment done from organising body in canada (Like WES) then is it necessary to send photocopies of marksheets, degrees etc while sending package to PR processing?

FromDrToCanada

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Hello Folks,

In Forms IMM5562 (Your Travels) and IMM5406 (Additional Family Information), do I really have to put N/A in every single empty cell there is in the form.

Thanks in advanced.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
roop9 said:
one question...if we get the education assessment done from organising body in canada (Like WES) then is it necessary to send photocopies of marksheets, degrees etc while sending package to PR processing?
it's been discussed many times before. But I will say it again: YOu NEED to send your degree completion certificate (eg. diploma) along with WES report. It is mandatory. YOu should also send transcripts if you have them.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgarhia said:
Of course returned applications due to cap reached is also lotted UCI number. UCI number remains same for life time. It doesnot effect if you write UCI or not. CIC will issue you only one UCI.
Last year mine was returned due to cap reached, no UCI was there in the letter. I don't agree completely with this.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
dsharma9 said:
Now this discussion is interesting, its about the pros & cons of moving to first world country while the general topic of discussion in this forum is about how to immigrate & paper filing requirements. I live in India as a self employed and can comfortably live in any city in the world with same income. My only purpose to apply for FSW 2014 is to move for better life for my family, particularly kids. I find life in India to be extremely poor quality and I just hate it to the bottom, and it pains to pay so much of taxes here and all you get is extremely toxic air quality, poor quality of all products & services. I read on various forums on pros & cons of moving to Canada, 90% of the ppl return for lack of job opportunities and 10% move out of Canada because of the cold weather. I am only anxious about the weather, distance from India, & parents. I read Vancouver is the only option if you don't want extreme winters but then the weather in Vancouver is depressing and it rains most of the time. I don't know how my family would react to it.

Very few countries offer direct PR and Canada is one of them. I am just thinking to apply and decide later whether to move or not but these thoughts are creating anxiety in my mind. It's a difficult decision to take when you know that you can make the same money in India too and you are leaving for an unknown place where you don't know how the family adapts and how the future would be.
Firstly, I don't feel we are deviating from the topic for what it was meant to be opened. This topic is an integral part of the application process and motivation. If opened up separately, people will miss out the important, rich and diverse experiences across the globe guys like me and others have shared..

Yes, Canada is cold. How does it matter ? -30 C

UK is not that cold. 10 C, But it is cold enough with strong winds to make you wear protective clothing to cover everything. Its still dam cold ;D . Well, you still are wearing protective clothing anyway and impossible to ride a bike to sum it all up..

So India is not Hot ? OR getting hotter ? In 3 years when I returned, it was dam hot this summer as compared to previous. Here too you need protection. Name me the people who can sleep without the fan or A/C ON in summer (unless its our beautiful villages under the tree)

You can survive in cold in worst case if you end up being more than 5 minutes in snow through your metabolism heat or eating healthy. But once you dehydrate in hot weather, you need water. This is with my personal experience when I underwent a leadership training in british army.

As far as your children and family is concerned, cold weather brings cleanliness. You all will be ok, if you follow the way people have been living there with medical benefits (which healthy people won't require, just for oldies)

Heat increases dirtyness, dirty water, sweat, stink, dehydration, diarrhea, malaria and what not. My nieces are falling sick continuously, no matter what we do, and children in india will continue to be like this until they attend a certain age from where we need not to worry about them. But in that delicate period, slightest of our negligence towards like feeding water, food or anything in india would be dangerous..
I promise in 1st world country they are very very strict with the expiry dates and freshness they serve.

We are not making same money as we do in India. We earn more. More enough that we can easily pay the interest over already purchased flat in India along with living a high quality life in Canada. (To say it all)

Its not an unknown place my friends. You will find immigrants just like us, who have seen all hards and fasts of life, and reached to a maturity to come and help, interact, socialize, be friends and most importantly live like a family...

IRana

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
Quick question for me to edit my entry in the worksheet? I have a saved link but do I need to fill everything again? since when I opened the bookmark, it says You are editing your previous response. but down below all fields are blank.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
mahesh.rcr said:
To heat up the discussion further.. Not to discourage the fellow aspirants, but just a (& a must) preparation for the future.
Admins.. please move this particular discussion to different thread if it is deviating the purpose of the thread.

I was going through the discussions/articles about the IT job opportunities, timings, weather conditions, children's education, fees.. etc...
and landed on this (canadianimmigrant.ca/community/why-some-immigrants-want-to-leave-canada) page.. (if the link is removed automatically, please search with the keywords "canadianimmigrant why some immigrants leave canada" to find the page)

110 comments on this article and everyone (including Canada born citizens) seems to be too much disappointed with the job opportunities, education, taxes, multiculturalism, .. what not!
Are Doctors and Engineers end up in odd jobs not for time being but for years? Are there too less opportunities? Is IT really super-crowded?
Is the cost of living is so high that 5 years of savings of a PR will be spent in few months in Ca?

Or I'm at the wrong website?

Any highlights from our members who experienced in Canada on the current situation with respect to the opportunities in Software Engineer field for a 5+ years experience... would be really helpful.

Again, sorry if it seems disappointing, but, facts to be analyzed for sure to be prepared for the situations.

My Friend, I just want to tell you to be flexible. You may get some other job which can also be a good career choice. People have changed and will change their fields is nothing new. Think broadly, not just career, but about your social life, your wife, children etc.

In India, we live to work inspite of being citizens here.
But in a 1st world country we work to live, if you are a permanent resident or citizen.

My fellow buddies abroad, will appreciate this fact.

IRana

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
Guys for update

My CC has been charged, following are the details:

NOC: 1112
App Sent: 05/02/2014
App Received: 05/07/2014
Receiving Time: 1:57pm
Fee Method: CC
CC Charged Date: 06/23/2014

Following is from my card company:

Pending $1,293.48 CITIZENSHIP & IMM FS
Transaction Date: 06/23/2014

Thanks for everyone for keeping the forum informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.