+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
varuen said:
Please help! Bit complex!

I have applied to FSW in the month of MAY/JUNE.

there are 2 applicants in my file, me & my wife.

My wife's passport carries her maiden name before marriage, and we did not change her name as just after marriage we applied for Quebec visa as well. And now for FSW.

So there was no time for us to change the name of my wife as even the passport with new changed name takes minimum 1 month and we were in hurry.

Now my question is, now i have the time.

1) How I can change the name of my wife in her application? Because i want my wife should carry the PR card with her changed name after marriage.

2) As my application is under processing, for changing the name, now can i make the changes in her passport for change in name?

Experts please help!!!
1st of all, I am not expert but tried to find the answer:

And during application process:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=303&t=3
I have changed my surname or family name recently. What name should I use to access CAS?

You can access CAS using the surname or family name on your submitted application.

If your name changed during the application process you must update CIC.

For in-Canada or online applications, use our online form.
If you applied outside of Canada, tell your visa office.

Once your name has been changed in your file, you will be able to access Client Application Status (CAS) using your new surname or family name.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=721&t=4

I legally changed my name. What do I have to do to change the name on my PR card?

If you legally changed your name and you want your new name to be on your PR card, you must send an Application for a Permanent Resident Card to the mailing address at the bottom of the application form. Make sure to include the documents required to support your name change, which are listed in the Application for a Permanent Resident Instruction Guide.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a strong feeling that CIC should rain cc dd charges this week.

All 7 May applicants should get the cc dd charged this week.

There has been a silence by CIC for 2 weeks now. It's high time for monsoons now.

Normally, Wednesday and Thursdays are the time when it rains at CIC.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait till u get Either a PER OR another Job Offer .. whichever is earlier :)

HDG said:
Hi All,

Need some help, I am currently working as a DM - Training. Planning to apply for NOC 0112 in FSWP.
In process of gathering documents. However, I want to quit my job.

Post I send my application to CIC, when would be the best time to put down my papers?

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
Hi Guys! Anymore opinion on my case?

I am preparing to apply under NOC 1111. However, I am having a hard time obtaining a reference letter from my bosses in our firm.
HR gave me a general document listing the broad functions of my position and out of the 12 listed items, which includes my responsibilities to the firm, responsibilities to clients and responsibilities to develop our services, I think only 2 can be counted toward the NOC qualification.

Those two are as follows:

a. Obtains competent evidential matter to substantiate the fairness of client's financial statements; prepares schedules, summaries and reports based on findings; assists in office functions and on specials assignments.

b. Participates in audit engagements and other firm activities under the supervision of more experienced staff members.

I need your advice, do you think I can qualify under the NOC given the such fact?

My NOC has the following description:

Main duties

Financial auditors perform some or all of the following duties:
Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.

jmyra

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Nomination.....
08/12/14
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Request
20/02/15
Med's Done....
23/02/15
Passport Req..
01/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/15
LANDED..........
GOD WILLING MAY END / BEGINNING JUNE
Re: Credit Card details

abcpunjab said:
Married Guys advise me. I am only sendin my spouse's IELTS result, Passport copy and Birth Certificate and nothing else....like no education and work documents. Am I doing it right or I am missing something.
Now to send by courier I am using this address

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 2281
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

please advise on both issues is my address exactly like this correct for courier.

Thanks ASAP
Marriage cert and PCC are also required.

fresher_2013

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HDG said:
Thanks a lot, it is a reliever. Coz once I put down my papers I have to serve 2 months notice.

Also, wanted to ask, if I submit my application by this month end, what do you think how much time would it take
for processing (Overall or step wise - which ever you know)
Once you get the PR, you would have enough time to serve notice period and relocate. You confidence in resignation will be more than double.....so relax as of now.

As someone said earlier on this forum...here "patience is the game"

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
spensierato said:
Hi Guys! Anymore opinion on my case?

I am preparing to apply under NOC 1111. However, I am having a hard time obtaining a reference letter from my bosses in our firm.
HR gave me a general document listing the broad functions of my position and out of the 12 listed items, which includes my responsibilities to the firm, responsibilities to clients and responsibilities to develop our services, I think only 2 can be counted toward the NOC qualification.

Those two are as follows:

a. Obtains competent evidential matter to substantiate the fairness of client's financial statements; prepares schedules, summaries and reports based on findings; assists in office functions and on specials assignments.

b. Participates in audit engagements and other firm activities under the supervision of more experienced staff members.

I need your advice, do you think I can qualify under the NOC given the such fact?

My NOC has the following description:

Main duties

Financial auditors perform some or all of the following duties:
Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.
Your case is tricky. The review officer may not notice the main 2 roles among 12 roles. Also, if the review officer does not have experience/knowledge on financial audit, he may struggle to math the roles with the NOC's roles as those are too broad. As a solution, you can attach sticky notes to specify which roles match with NOC 1111.

So, it is better, if your HR gives more details on duties related to NOC 1111. Alternatively, you may ask your supervisor to write your job duties only related to NOC 1111 only coupled with HR letter.

If your are not able to get letter from supervisor, add a cover letter and give details how you perform the following broad responsibilities:

1. substantiate the fairness of client's financial statements:
a. Investigate and and analyze journal and ledger entries, sales invoices, and other source documents, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, etc.
b. Regular communication and interview with clients for understanding any discrepancy;
c.

2. Findings and recommendation:
a.
b.

3. Conduct field audits of businesses:
a
b

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015

jmyra said:
Marriage cert and PCC are also required.
Why marriage certificate of wife is required ?? :p :p :p :p

just joking. ;) ;) ;)

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

To prove that you are married to her and Not to someone else' (wife) :p

Century said:
Why marriage certificate of wife is required ?? :p :p :p :p

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015

neel-here said:
To prove that you are married to her and Not to someone else' (wife) :p
Will my file get rejected as I only provided my marriage certificate? I am tensed. ??? ??? ??? ???

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
such a jinx you are... lol ;D

its like sailing on a sinking boat !

jk :p

lloyrine said:
Thanks a lot! Just to carify, so do I need to get my solemn letter as well as my Employement Certification notarized? So I don't need to get my ex boss to sign on that letter?

I have 3 ex-companies that already shut down ate this point of time, can I use the same format with different reasons?

Thank you very much!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
franixsouq said:
some please give answer to my question , any one had any experience ?? regarding the above???
Hi, Oscar7 has given you the answer.

Oscar7 said:
Don't think I have heard CIC e-mailing back and forth for any clarification on documents. They just make a decision basis what is there in the package in front of them. That is why they have listed extensively what needs to be done. If anything is missing beyond a reasonable ground they simply deny, else they process positively. Good luck! :)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015

Oscar7 said:
This is as tricky as it gets! ;) :D ;D :D ;)
Damn! I should have added a cover letter explaining mine is mine and mine is also hers. Finger crossed.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi guys,

As long as the marriage topic is live, may I ask whether...

1. A marriage affidavit is as good as a marriage certificate (for FSW purpose), and what if
2. The affidavit is from long time back.

Regards

PS: The affidavit was good for the purpose of getting her a passport, at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.