+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Anil Ch said:
Folks I need info regarding pcc
1. I am staying in Bangalore. My native was chennai
From where I need to apply pcc. For pcc whether the police verification will be done at home & work place. What is the procedure?
You can apply at passport Deva kendra Bangalore if you have govt recognized address proof of Bangalore.

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
nskatcv said:
Hi whatisinthename,

Although there is nothing in the name, but everything is in an NOC's name. I just mean that your NOC might be filling fast, so the quickest route is one that of multi-tasking.

You need to

-get IELTS test result report (sooner the better)
-get your highest degree assessed, make arrangements to send asap, and get ECA report
-get documents like Work Experience (very critical) and birth, marriage certificates etc ready
-fill the forms carefully (shouldn't take much time, but keep doing and ask specifics here)
-see if have enough settlement funds, or make arrangement for the same

-getting Police certificate is not mandatory at initial stage, but if possible, request for it now too.

All these things are mentioned in the following application guide in gory details. For the rest and less-understood, come back here. We all are learning by sharing and experience.

Guide : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Forms : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
ECA : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
PCC : http://www.cic.gc.ca/englisH/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Funds : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Regards

PS: A law firm will also ask you to arrange all these documents, but will take care that the application is complete and error-free. It should be your choice depending on the time (and extra money) you have for them. Filling an application is not a complicated task, but one has to be fully aware of all the instructions (as in the links above). This forum, being a mix of people with varied experiences will always have an answer, or educated guess for any type of concern that you might have. On top of it, it makes the application procedure a fun-journey that you might remember forever. It is apparent when you see people who discussed their applications in the past, eventually landed in Canada, and are still here helping the newbies out.
+1 for your detailed answer in helping out a fellow forum member!

om999

May 27, 2014
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

Usually CIC (before PER) dont check for POF....But Local VO does (randomly)....

And they check POF as per current day currency conversion rate...Very logical...Lets say giving an example...

10,0000 BD taka = 8000 CAD

after devaluation of BD taka :

10, 000 BD Taka = 7000 CAD

But u will have to bring settlement fund for 8000 CAD for one person (as an example)....

For this case u will have to deplete the account with required local money on ur account....:)
will they ignore small fluctuations or want right upto mark figures...
say if about 100$ is short of amount mentioned by CIC...will it be considered?
Thanks for reply...

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
rajaram said:
PCC is issued once you have cleared a police verification. Passport office has clear record now. For getting PCC for canada, just visit Passport sewa kendra and pay 500 rs, you will get it for Canada immediately on the spot.
I am travelling to Canada tonight. But the problem is Next appointment to get PCC for canada only in july. How Long will it take to get Indian PCC for canada when I apply from canada.

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
migratecanada2012 said:
Are you currently out of India , if yes then how you are planning to pursue your case of Canada immigration

I mean for medicals and Passport stamping you have to come back to India , is it not so ?
I am Applying PR from canada.

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
Anil Ch said:
Folks I need info regarding pcc
1. I am staying in Bangalore. My native was chennai
From where I need to apply pcc. For pcc whether the police verification will be done at home & work place. What is the procedure?
Hi Anil,

pasting my previous post on PCC. Hope it helps.

Trying to answer few questions that I have seen people asking about PCC in India

1. Where to Apply?

Apply for PCC at a near by PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). You need to fill the application online on passportindia portal and then take a print out of the application (don't need appointment for this) and reach the PSK at 8.30 am in the morning. You can walk in for PCC.

2. When will I get ?

If your passport was issued within the last year and if your address in passport is same as your residential address and if police verification was done at the time of issuing the passport (either before issuing or after issuing) you will get the PCC immediately (mostly in 2 or 3 hours and definitely within the same day)

3. What If am not residing at the address in my passport ?

If no Police Verification was done prior to this application on this address (regardless of the state you live in), PSK will initiate a Police verification request with your zone's police commissioner office and generally it will be done in 3 weeks time (at least in Chennai and Hyderabad). Someone from the Police Station would visit your house and ask for certain proof for residence like Voter Id, Bank Statement, Gas Connection receipts etc.. I have seen this generally varies from city to city. In Chennai they asked for all the documents that I listed above whereas in Hyd they just asked for Voter Id Card / Aadhar Card.

In this case, post this step, police will send a Clear report to PSK and after this, PSK will send a mail / SMS to you and will ask you to collect the PCC. you can then visit them with a copy of the acknowledgement which you got on the day of application and get the PCC.

4. How much does it cost.
INR 500 at the PSK

5. Can I use PCC taken for different country?
No. For every country you need to get a PCC separately. It is a letter that states that Government does not have any issues with you applying for that specific country for immigration.

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
kunalap said:
they are refusing "to whom so ever it may concern".
they want specific name or department along with the address.
You may write this:

'To The Officer,
Centralized Intake Office,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada'

srip17

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
thanks for the detailed explanation.
I have lived in 3 rented houses in past 10 years. Will police dept send individual to all thsoe houses. Coz..i really don't know who is living there now and really doubt, if they know me. Pl. help

PS: I have applied for FSW2013 and got PCC (not thru PSK). It was valid, when i sent the application, but now (as of today), 1 year validity is gone. Guess i need to apply for PCC again.

karthikm said:
Hi Anil,

pasting my previous post on PCC. Hope it helps.

Trying to answer few questions that I have seen people asking about PCC in India

1. Where to Apply?

Apply for PCC at a near by PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). You need to fill the application online on passportindia portal and then take a print out of the application (don't need appointment for this) and reach the PSK at 8.30 am in the morning. You can walk in for PCC.

2. When will I get ?

If your passport was issued within the last year and if your address in passport is same as your residential address and if police verification was done at the time of issuing the passport (either before issuing or after issuing) you will get the PCC immediately (mostly in 2 or 3 hours and definitely within the same day)

3. What If am not residing at the address in my passport ?

If no Police Verification was done prior to this application on this address (regardless of the state you live in), PSK will initiate a Police verification request with your zone's police commissioner office and generally it will be done in 3 weeks time (at least in Chennai and Hyderabad). Someone from the Police Station would visit your house and ask for certain proof for residence like Voter Id, Bank Statement, Gas Connection receipts etc.. I have seen this generally varies from city to city. In Chennai they asked for all the documents that I listed above whereas in Hyd they just asked for Voter Id Card / Aadhar Card.

In this case, post this step, police will send a Clear report to PSK and after this, PSK will send a mail / SMS to you and will ask you to collect the PCC. you can then visit them with a copy of the acknowledgement which you got on the day of application and get the PCC.

4. How much does it cost.
INR 500 at the PSK

5. Can I use PCC taken for different country?
No. For every country you need to get a PCC separately. It is a letter that states that Government does not have any issues with you applying for that specific country for immigration.

RK29824

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2132 & 2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
27-Nov-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
16-Feb-2015 (2nd Line)
Med's Request
3-Sept-2015
Med's Done....
8-Sept-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
15-Mar-2016
Can anyone please provide me affidavit format for Birth proof?
I do not have birth certificate, hence I am attaching my SSC certificate and a affidavit. Is any one received PER, having affidavit for birth proof? Please advice friends.

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Max_ash said:
True. Just sharing my experience, there are not many opportunities in Canada for IT folks compared to US.
I lived in US for almst 6 years and now moved to Canada due to family and I did face a lot of issues hunting a good IT job.
Once you land in Canada, don't expect job opportunities same as US.
Good luck!
Is the job market for IT really that slow? My folks who have been to Canada and worked in IT say that the job market is pretty good :-\

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
RK29824 said:
Can anyone please provide me affidavit format for Birth proof?
I do not have birth certificate, hence I am attaching my SSC certificate and a affidavit. Is any one received PER, having affidavit for birth proof? Please advice friends.
AFFIDAVIT

We, Fathers Full name and Mothers full name " (Maiden Name) being duly sworn, hereby affirm and state:

1. We reside at "full address including country name".

2. "Father's First Last Name" was born in "City, State, Country," on "Day Month Year".

3. "Mother's First Last Name" was born in "City, State, Country," on "Day Month Year".

4. We have been married since "Day Month Year".

5. "Name of the person for whom this affidavit is being made" is our "son/daughter" who was born on "Day Month Year" in "City, State, Country".

So I do hereby solemnly affirm the foregoing are true and correct statements.

suzuki

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-5-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
22-9-2014
Passport Req..
17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2014
namaste said:
Sorry, but what exactly is your issue? I don't get it from what you wrote. So, you live in a country other than Philippines, but you should have chosen Manila as your VO?

Yes.

I found recently from CIC webpage that VO from the country I am living (South Korea) in has been moved to Malina.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
auscanada said:
I am planning to apply for FSW under NOC 2133. Self-calculated points are 67+ depending on what I get in my IELTS. I've a couple of questions.
1) The first step is to get the ECA done by WES. Will WES assess my credentials and send it directly to CIC or should I do it?
2) Booked my IELTS general next month (too bad they don't take IELTS academic). Should I send the original TRF to CIC or ask IELTS to send a report directly?
3) What else do I need before I can apply for FSW 2014? PCC? Medicals? Proof of Funds?
4) Do the work experience letters have to be current or just certified copies of the originals?
5) What is this PER thing I keep reading about? What happens once I lodge an application with CIC? When are the application fees deducted and how much?
6) What's the current processing time for NOC 2133 applicants?
7) If I get a PR how long will I have before I activate it?

Sorry for the long list of novice questions but I am bit confused about the whole process.

Longgggggg queryy :p :p :p :p

Here u go bro...:

1) The first step is to get the ECA done by WES. Will WES assess my credentials and send it directly to CIC or should I do it?-----U will send u an original WES report (out of 2 given by WES to ur home).

2) Booked my IELTS general next month (too bad they don't take IELTS academic). Should I send the original TRF to CIC or ask IELTS to send a report directly?-----U should send the original copy.

3) What else do I need before I can apply for FSW 2014? PCC? Medicals? Proof of Funds?----Proof of fund is must with ur application ...PCC is optional....Medical will be requested on later stage.

4) Do the work experience letters have to be current or just certified copies of the originals? ----Copyyyy

5) What is this PER thing I keep reading about? What happens once I lodge an application with CIC? When are the application fees deducted and how much? ----Positive eligibility review---This ensure ur seat on the CAP and u will be assigned an app number

6) What's the current processing time for NOC 2133 applicants? ----Its not depending on NOC...Its the local visa office

7) If I get a PR how long will I have before I activate it? -*-------Usually Visa validity is given for one yr

Sorry for the long list of novice questions but I am bit confused about the whole process

Status
Not open for further replies.