+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randev

May 5, 2014
MaxximB said:
Hello, everyone. I am a Ukrainian citizen who have lived in US for the last 19 years as an immigrant (immigrated with my parents as a minor). I have been an entrepreneur my whole life and never went to college to get a degree. I have reached my success in business working with Best Buy (purchasing their store returns, refurbishing them and re-selling them). I have since moved back to Ukraine and married a Russian girl. Since all the turmoil started in Ukraine, I am now looking to immigrate to another country (always loved Canada with over 100 visits there) but after checking my eligibility, the Canadian immigration site says I am not eligible. I answered the questions honestly, including no college degree and no current job offer in Canada. Which of those two affected my application? Or is it the fact that I have a US Green Card, and have Ukrainian citizenship? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

It is unfortunate that Canada no longer considers a refugee status for couples like me and my wife who are hated in my country for marrying a Russian girl, and in her country because I am Ukrainian...

Regards,
Max.
@ Maxxim,

You mention that you answered all questions correctly. I assume you used the online tool on the CIC website. I don't think either one of the reasons that you cite made you ineligible to migrate. The online tool uses answers that you provided against the eligible migration programs to Canada and makes an assessment if you fulfill any current program's requirements. If it said you didn't, that means that AT PRESENT no program matches your unique characteristics. Canadian immigration laws change from time to time, so keep abreast with what's going on. I also suggest you check two other options:
1) Work eligibility under NAFTA. Canadian, US, and Mexican nationals can obtain work permits to work in each other countries under certain circumstances. Since you are an American green card holder, you may be eligible.
2) Not having a degree is not a impediment to getting a job in Canada, or subsequently a PR. Alberta's oil industry frequently faces shortage of workers. Many people from around the world go and work there and the oil industry is very welcoming in hiring foreigners to meet its labor shortages. From what I gather many with little experience in the oil sector are able to get jobs and the pay isn't bad at all. And not having a degree is not a problem with oil field jobs.

Check these two options out.

Good luck!

delhi2173

Star Member
May 9, 2014
vijayanand said:
How come they deduct fee and then reject because of points calculation?

shouldn't it be points calculation first and then go ahead with charging CC or DD ??
kindly refer to the spread sheet rejected tab

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE&gid=46

go to the column saying the fee encashed date and see the reasons for rejection
4 out of 7 are due to points

Please do correct me if i have read some thing wrong

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
vijayanand said:
How come they deduct fee and then reject because of points calculation?

shouldn't it be points calculation first and then go ahead with charging CC or DD ??
that is how CIC works, what you paid is processing fee. To check if you are eligible or not they have to process your application.
once your application is found complete( complete doesnt mean eligible) then they charge cc/dd and then check for eligibility. Only if you meet minimum point criteria then only they issue positive eligibility review.

delhi2173

Star Member
May 9, 2014
neel-here said:
@ delhi2173

Pls ignore my earlier response.. as I thought you have filled your mail id in the "Use of the Rep Form".
Refer to my response recent response above with Footnote !
ignored :D :D :D

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you're welcome !

Don't worry man... if you don't have any len-den with your Rep, then give him a GPL :p

Send another "Use of a Representative" .. check the Box - "canceling the appointment of a rep.. complete section A,C and D .

Everything will come to you !! :)

delhi2173 said:
Thanks neel-here.
Then i will have to stop looking my inbox and keep pinging my representative. :( :(

i gave it so that i will not have to depend on him.

MaxximB

Jun 13, 2014
Century said:
You need to have minimum secondary education to be eligible for application.

Minimum Education Requirement

You must have a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential OR a completed foreign educational credential AND an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report issued by an organization designated by CIC if your educational credential was obtained outside Canada.

Why don't you go to USA and from USA to Canada? There must be some way out.
I married a Russian girl. US does not give her a visa of any kind. I can return to US, but she cannot. Not being a US citizen, I can go through the naturalization process and then file for reuniting the family. The process takes a very long time (For my older brother it was 2.5 years). For a young family, this separation spells an absolute disaster...

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@MaxximB

You may not qualify for FSW but there are other ways to immigrate to Canada. You may consider using your US green card to land in Canada (either through US by road or direct flight), start your business especially in "under populated" provinces such as Manitoba start your business (you have considerable experience) and then apply for immigration on that basis. However, you need to consult some immigration lawyer and check provincial nominee programs, to judge where you shud settle. More importantly, as you wife is Russian, she will not be able to accompany you for first few years.

Btw why dont you apply through your wife, if she has work experience in any eligible occupation?

MaxximB said:
Hello, everyone. I am a Ukrainian citizen who have lived in US for the last 19 years as an immigrant (immigrated with my parents as a minor). I have been an entrepreneur my whole life and never went to college to get a degree. I have reached my success in business working with Best Buy (purchasing their store returns, refurbishing them and re-selling them). I have since moved back to Ukraine and married a Russian girl. Since all the turmoil started in Ukraine, I am now looking to immigrate to another country (always loved Canada with over 100 visits there) but after checking my eligibility, the Canadian immigration site says I am not eligible. I answered the questions honestly, including no college degree and no current job offer in Canada. Which of those two affected my application? Or is it the fact that I have a US Green Card, and have Ukrainian citizenship? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

It is unfortunate that Canada no longer considers a refugee status for couples like me and my wife who are hated in my country for marrying a Russian girl, and in her country because I am Ukrainian...

Regards,
Max.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaxximB said:

Regards,
Max.
First of all, it is indeed unfortunate what you are going through in regard to marrying a girl of your choice. No one should dictate others who to marry and who not to. This, on top of the political uncertainty in your country. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Stay strong, brother! What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!!

I know one would almost need some form of post secondary school education to make it through the FSWP (because of 25 points coming from this as opposed to mere 5 from secondary school education) especially if one hasn't lived in Canada (taking out the adaptability 10 points, assuming spouse / common-law partner hasn't lived in Canada either). Also not having a Canadian job offer (i.e. arranged employment) 10 points for that won't fall in most people's (on this forum) kitty. From FSWP point of view all these factors might affect your case! Plus work experience is kind of also needed for FSWP as it fetches 15 points (though there might be a way to associate your work experience to that of Purchasing Manager NOC 0113; may be that is something that can be evaluated and is up for understanding/ discussion) and is the prime criteria for FSWP as the name FSW states.

My take is that an experienced immigration lawyer will be a better bet in terms of evaluating your case for immigration to Canada, since most folks here know a lot about FSWP, and not so much in detail about other ways to immigrate to Canada. There's also a Business Immigration category, outside of FSWP but I am guessing that will have some form of monetary threshold to be able to apply.

The above is merely based on my understanding. As always I am happy to be corrected, as needed. Cheers!!

BTW, a US Green Card holder friend of mine is evaluating option of getting the girl admitted to full-time education in the US to be able to take her along. This when the girl can't get H1B (i.e. work visa) from her employer. So first, have you looked at all options by which you can take her to USA, just a thought there? My guess is you have evaluated those options or sought legal help on that front first.

DanielCoutinho

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on December 17th
Nomination.....
PER received on January 16th 2015
I intend to apply for 2 different NOC. Do I have to put all the documents in 2 different envelopes or in the same one?

Also, do I have to send copies or the originals of reference letters?

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
calltsr said:
Hi Folks,
I have a question in General Application. I have put Wife and Child as dependents. For Kid I have selected Type A Dependent . For Wife what should I select ?
Appreciate your response .
Select 10.a as Spouse and 11 as yes, then 12 (Dependent Type) will be grayed out. You don't need to fill anything.

Kaneddarescueme

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randev said:
@ 1112 applicants

I know some of you are freaking out whether the cap for 1112 has been reached since there has been no movement in CC charges for some time. There may be some good news. I don't know if this has been discussed in the forum or not since I have been very erratic in keeping abreast with posts, but there is a new applicant whose CC has been charged according to an entry on the FSW 14 spreadsheet. Check out the name ylaoxi on the SS. According to the SS, his application was received on the 7th.
A female named kpatel also reported cc charge on May 7th (NOC 1112).

delhi2173

Star Member
May 9, 2014
neel-here said:
you're welcome !

Don't worry man... if you don't have any len-den with your Rep, then give him a GPL :p

Send another "Use of a Representative" .. check the Box - "canceling the appointment of a rep.. complete section A,C and D .

Everything will come to you !! :)
Thanks for the advice.
But still need to wait for PER then only i will get my UCI no.

Will sending the new document will put my application at the end of queue?
i think i will wait for the PER as my dd got encashed and not take any chance.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
DanielCoutinho said:
I intend to apply for 2 different NOC. Do I have to put all the documents in 2 different envelopes or in the same one?

Also, do I have to send copies or the originals of reference letters?
Treat those two NOCs as two separate and independent application.

Status
Not open for further replies.