+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
shah2014 said:
@ CPR2012
1. I dont think it will cause any problem, only space is missing which could/should be construed as typo error. What i have analyzed from list of rejections is that CIC guys use reasonable judgement / common sense while matching the information. However, it could delay the process at VO, if they ask for a proof or ratification.
2. Response is same as above, because ur spouse can not marry her/himself. I think this question is mainly for (a) Principle Applicant and (b) dependent's other than spouse (but questions are same), as in case of spouse of Principle applicant's its a repetitive question.
Thanks shaw
But if they can still refer the passport which may be self understood for the name clarification. So still is there a chance that they will ask for additional proof which should be clarified only from applicant end?The query is same for both?

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

I had a question regarding the PR process which I could not find elsewhere.

Once the PR is approved, approximately how much time are we given before we can relocate to Canada? I was searching for this information so I have an idea how to plan my transition with my current employer, a global consulting firm with offices in Canada as well.

I know this is a step ahead. But I was being curious as I am relocating to a new country after all :)

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
future_canadian said:
That is ridiculous as settlement funds by definition must be a subset of assets. Cash is an asset. Leaving assets and liabilities blank just shows CIC a person is not serious about filling in the application honestly.
The fact that you don't agree with his opinion doesn't make his opinion ridiculous.
You must understand that people are trying their best to give advice from experience.Many colleagues in my stream of FSW2013 did exactly as he said and it was positive.
If you don't agree with a forumite's opinion or even if his opinion is not in order.....doesn't make it ridiculous.
There are constructive ways of disagreeing with a person's opinion.....and definitely,using ridiculous is too harsh in all ramitification.
Cheers.

droslim

Star Member
May 27, 2014
droslim said:
Sir can help me out...
I realized I have left out the experience letter when I sent my application to CIO last week, confirmed received via tracking. I would like to urgently send it over now, referencing my completed application form (IM0008) and other documents. Would the CIC assist to attach it to my file once they receive it? Any help is much appreciated.
Hi Experts can please advise on this? Many thanks.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amis said:
Dear Senior Members ,

Please help me by answering below queries regarding reference letters.

I have 6 years experience and I have worked in 3 organizations till date . I have all necessary documents like pay stubs , offer letters etc except for the reference letters.

I have one reference letter clearly stating my roles and responsiblities from my first employer where i worked for 4 years to the visa office while filing for my H1 Visa. can i use this letter even if it is not addressed to CIC .

Will this one letter be sufficient or do i have to get it from the other 2 employers .

I am trying to get it from the 2 employers also but not sure if they will give it .

Also, is it okay if i get a reference letter from my manager without the letter head . What details will i have to atach with the letter if I cannot get it on the letter head.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks !
You should at least try to get employer reference letters dated recently.

Your old letter for the H1 visa is second best if it meets all or most of the requirements especially the most crucial requirement of giving detail about your duties.

Reference letters from individuals are not optimal but will work if that individual has a reasonable basis for knowing your duties, such as they were your supervisor. Be sure that the letter writer clearly establishes in the letter his/her basis for knowing your duties.

If none of the above are available providing any supporting documents you can such as offer letters, pay stubs, etc will have to suffice but it is CIC's judgment whether they show the experience and whether to give you credit for it. Make sure you explain any missing letters or documentation in an annexure.

jig nesh

Jan 3, 2012
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 20th November
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
11th Feb 2015. Medical Received: 19th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Should be in April 2015
LANDED..........
Mostly in June 2015
FSWDev said:
He sent on !st May from Toronto
thank u. that clarifies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
novibrar said:
Dear Admins, please help me to clarify following:

I am applying from india and I already sent my application via UPS yesterday. After sending, i realized that I made one silly mistake in primary applicant's form. I immediately called courier guys and asked them to change the courier destination to one of my friend's place in Canada. Now after he receive my application he is supposed to make the correction and send courier to CIC from Canada itself.

My question is since CIC will receive courier from his address will there be any problem? i have *NOT* mentioned my friend's name/address *anywhere* else.
Will CIC be expecting Use of Rep form, i really don't want to fill that since I am not using my friend as representative. Will CIC know by any chance that i sent through him and expect to fill use of rep form?

I'd really appreciate your quick response in this crunch time.

Thanks a lot!!!
What was the silly mistake?

What you have done should be fine. But tell your friend to correct it and re-courier it the same day if you are in a hot NOC!

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@CPR2012

Ask seniors, its just my opinion, they may have different opinion or experience

CPR2012 said:
Thanks shaw
But if they can still refer the passport which may be self understood for the name clarification. So still is there a chance that they will ask for additional proof which should be clarified only from applicant end?The query is same for both?

sanyasi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
droslim said:
Hi Experts can please advise on this? Many thanks.
Hi Drolism,

I am sorry to hear that. But there is no harm in trying, please send the docs ASAP. Good luck!

Cheers

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
future_canadian said:
That is ridiculous as settlement funds by definition must be a subset of assets. Cash is an asset. Leaving assets and liabilities blank just shows CIC a person is not serious about filling in the application honestly.

kollins said:
The fact that you don't agree with his opinion doesn't make his opinion ridiculous.
You must understand that people are trying their best to give advice from experience.Many colleagues in my stream of FSW2013 did exactly as he said and it was positive.
If you don't agree with a forumite's opinion or even if his opinion is not in order.....doesn't make it ridiculous.
There are constructive ways of disagreeing with a person's opinion.....and definitely,using ridiculous is too harsh in all ramitification.
Cheers.

Yes brother future_canadian I had also observed several cases whom wrote zero on asset field....But passed successfully....

CIC/ Visa officers are known about this ques that, applicants get a confused environment with this ques...So this issue becomes a minor one...

So just chill...and stay calm... ;)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sriramkb said:
Hello Guys,

I just realized that I committed not one but two blunders:

1. I did not place the bar codes on top of the application. I just had them in the order they were generated in the pdf file.
2. The address I mentioned was as below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 2174
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

I did not remove the ' or Arranged Employment Category' from the address. I though I removed it but now when I checked the shipping label I realized that I forgot to remove it.

My application reached on 21st May and I am not sure if mine will be included in the FSW category due to the address I mentioned.

Any idea experts on what would happen to my application?
1. Don't worry. The document checklist also states that it should go on top. This is not a serious problem.

2. This is probably not a problem. They just use this for routing internally. If the arranged employment section gets it and realizes it's actually for NOC, they'll just hand it over. This is just a guess on my part but it would be a very silly reason to return an application. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
albertoenriquezjr said:
Anyone please? I hope that chances for rejection because of this error is close to zero.

I would appreciate any advise on this.

Thanks.
There wasnt any rejection last year becuase of this from what i remember. but that might be becuase these were not reported or not a lot of ppl on the forum made that mistake.

Cant say for sure. If possible start preparing for another application. if not, then just pray.

Others might be able to answer this better.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siamu said:
Do they still have a filled QUOTA by NOC update every few days? They used to have it back in 2011 but I can't find it no more. It was useful to check. Would tell you if it's worth applying or not.
Despite what they say that it is updated weekly, it'll probably be updated for the first time in a few weeks, and once every 1-2 weeks thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.