Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
DeeBruv said:
PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY...I GOT THIS TODAY CIC NEWS OCT 2014

Final Chance For Current Federal Skilled Worker ProgramOctober, 2014

The current application cycle for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), which opened in May, 2014, will finish at the end of this year. With just three months remaining in 2014, potential candidates have a limited window of opportunity to apply for this program. Successful applicants will gain Canadian permanent residence.

What is the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

The FSWP assesses candidates based on their human capital — that is to say, their ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada — using a points-based system. Applicants must score at least 67 points based on the criteria set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

The current FSWP determines that 50 occupations are in demand in Canada, and candidates must have at least one year of work experience in the past 10 years in one of 50 eligible occupations. A total of 25,000 applications will be accepted for processing under the current FSWP, with a cap of 1,000 per eligible occupation. In addition to the fact that there is a limited time period left in which to make an application, candidates should also be aware that some of the occupation caps are close to reaching their limit.

Under the current Federal Skilled Worker Program, an eligible applicant applies knowing with a degree of certainty that he or she will be able to immigrate, so long as he or she is not criminally inadmissible, doesn't have major health problems, and works in an occupation that has not yet reached its cap. We are now entering the final three months in which the Government of Canada will be accepting applications under the FSWP in its present form.

How do candidates determine their eligibility for the current FSWP?

The first step in the entire process is to determine one's eligibility for the program. Candidates need to know whether or not meet the eligibility criteria to make an application. If a candidate is eligible to apply, he or she should begin their Educational Credential Assessment immediately and sit the IELTS exam. No one is exempt from the requirement for language testing, regardless of their country of origin or education.

“Candidates still have time, but they need to move fast. In practical terms, they need to determine their eligibility today and, if they are eligible, they need to start the process almost immediately,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Candidates who fulfil the criteria of the current Federal Skilled Worker Program should apply now, knowing with a degree of certainty that they will be able to immigrate to Canada.”

After December 31, 2014, the current rules and procedures for the FSWP will no longer be in place.

What comes after the FSWP?

As of January 1, 2015, candidates will no longer apply directly to the FSWP. From that date, Canada will transition to a new expression of interest immigration selection system called ‘Express Entry'.

Under Express Entry, the federal government and provincial governments, as well as Canadian employers, will be able to select potential immigrants from a pool of candidates who have declared an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada and who meet the eligibility criteria for at least one of Canada's economic immigration programs:
◾The Federal Skilled Worker Program
◾The Federal Skilled Trades Program
◾The Canadian Experience Class
◾A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program

The highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success) may then be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada under one of these programs.

“From January, candidates will be relying on being cherry-picked by either the federal government, a province, or a Canadian employer. Now is the time to take action,” says Attorney David Cohen.
This news is from Attorney Cohen and not from CIC directly. CIC says this process runs from May 2014 to April 2015. Somewhere on their website, they stated that there will be an overlap between January and April. The Minister can however amend the earlier instruction but it has to be through an official gazette.
All the same, it is advisable for everyone to send their application before the end of Dec 2014 to be on a safer ground.
All the best to all

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
My earlier application of 8th May was returned due to insufficient details in employment reference letter. My company HR refused giving any letter more detailed than their usual one-paragraph letter.
I succeeded in persuading the HR Manager using the rejection letter as evidence and he signed a detailed letter on company letterhead. I had to get my Manager to approve the roles and responsibilities I had put together for HR to include them in the letter.
New application arrived yesterday.
Trusting God that my new application would meet up before the 1000 cap would be met. No of applications received/processed per day/week/month seems to be dropping compared to May.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
MacFar said:
My earlier application of 8th May was returned due to insufficient details in employment reference letter. My company HR refused giving any letter more detailed than their usual one-paragraph letter.
I succeeded in persuading the HR Manager using the rejection letter as evidence and he signed a detailed letter on company letterhead. I had to get my Manager to approve the roles and responsibilities I had put together for HR to include them in the letter.
Trusting God that my new application would meet up before the 1000 cap would be met. No of applications received/processed per day/week/month seems to be dropping compared to May.
May you be favored IJN

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
MacFar said:
Sorry bro for the earlier rejection, i wish you best luck in your current application, you will definitely be in the cap...

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanchuks said:
Congrates
I used my GTB ATM, do you think this would be charged?
I think my application was received in the first week of June NOC is 2131

Thanks
First week of June should have been charged by now. You should contact your bank to make sure that an attempted charge from CIC was not declined, because to the best of my understanding, CIC will only try 3 times.

dmoneyvera007

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
POF - 24.02.2015
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived - God win
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hello again Friends,

I just got a new baby, please how do I update my record with VO (including my new baby to my application).

VO - Accra
NOC - 2281
PER - 02 Oct.

Thanks as always.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
dmoneyvera007 said:
Hello again Friends,

I just got a new baby, please how do I update my record with VO (including my new baby to my application).

VO - Accra
NOC - 2281
PER - 02 Oct.

Thanks as always.
Congrats on the birth of your new child. Since you have PER, AVO will contact you if they want any further items when they start to process FSW 2014 applicants, at that point you can inform them of the new family member. Before then, you should prepare to pay the difference in application fee as per the new family member and also prepare a new POF to accommodate your child. All the best ahead. :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
MacFar said:
Trusting God with you, all shall be well. I believe for Mechanical Engineer, you should make it since the initial rush of applications have slowed down. Keep your head up, :)

gokefolusho

Aug 8, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
Hello All,

I have requested a my ECA report from WES since August 11th. My status is showing "Waiting from verification from institution". I contact my school and was told they have responded to WES since about 2 weeks ago. My question is how can i get this ECA report on time before time runs out and is there a way to contact these guys?

Thanks.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
dmoneyvera007 said:
Hello again Friends,

VO - Accra
NOC - 2281
PER - 02 Oct.

Thanks as always.
Congratulations on the arrival of your baby. Post your question on the FSW 2013 naija thread (people who have gone through similar cases are there). You need to notify AVO before they get in touch with you

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
dmoneyvera007 said:
Hello again Friends,

VO - Accra
NOC - 2281
PER - 02 Oct.

Thanks as always.
Congrats on your new baby!

bjenike

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
1-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/02/2016
MacFar said:
. Reapply and have faith.

gokefolusho

Aug 8, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
gokefolusho said:
Hello All,

I have requested an my ECA report from WES since August 11th. My status is showing "Waiting from verification from institution". I contacted my school and was told they have responded to WES since about 2 weeks ago. My question is how can i get this ECA report on time before time runs out and is there a way to contact these guys?

Thanks.
Please can anyone assist me with answers

Braindove

Aug 22, 2014
gokefolusho said:
Please can anyone assist me with answers
I am having the same challenge, your school probably send their respond via postal mail which may take upto about 3- 4 weeks to get to canada. When I went to my school I told that I will like them to send their response via courier but they said they may also respond via email.

What you can do is go to your school and tell them that you want them to send their respond via courier or email depending on what WES specify in their request (if it was initially send via postal mail) you have to pay for that.