29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Hello my 9ja peeps!

I'm new to the forum: husby and I finally decided to take the step to become Canadian permanent residents in August '14, and we are currently in the process of putting together our application, hoping to have everything we need by mid-Oct (IELTS test date is 2 Oct).

I would really appreciate if the elders could indulge my following questions:
  • did you use a consultant? if yes, how helpful were they?
  • is it possible to get an NPC attestation in Lagos State even though I was born in Kaduna State? I have my high court age declaration sworn affidavit as well photocopy of my hospital issued birth certificate (original is lost).
  • are mutual fund statements acceptable as proof of settlement funds?
  • is there a recommended order in which documents should be arranged for submission?
  • my work experience over the last 10 years is across 3 NOCs: 1113 for 15 months, 1114 for 8 months, and 1112 (most recent) for 3 years; 1112 is hot cake and will likely be filled by the time our application is ready, so intend to apply under 1113. Is this likely to be a problem? I have my employment letters for all, and I am in the process of obtaining reference letters for all as well (I got the odu on how to draft my duties here: www dot fsw2014 dot info slash preparing-job-roles slash)

Your time, feedback, and guidance is most appreciated!

Good luck to all and congratulations to those who have scaled the initial hurdles as we await the news we each desire :).

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Kindly help if this suffice as a proof of fund

To Whom It May Concern

This letter is verification that the customer, (Name) has an account with (company name, a member of Nigerian Stock Exchange). This account, number xxxxxxxxx, was opened Xth September 20xx and has a current cash balance of N3,500,000 from the sale proceeds of his stock portfolio.
If you need additional information regarding this account, please do not hesitate to contact (company name)

We hope this information is useful

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Executive Director, Finance & Operations

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
BabyBal said:
Hello my 9ja peeps!

I'm new to the forum: husby and I finally decided to take the step to become Canadian permanent residents in August '14, and we are currently in the process of putting together our application, hoping to have everything we need by mid-Oct (IELTS test date is 2 Oct).-You are welcome to the forum.

-Consultant is optional but you can Do-It-Yourself.This forum will be of great help if you wish to follow the DIY way
  • is it possible to get an NPC attestation in Lagos State even though I was born in Kaduna State? I have my high court age declaration sworn affidavit as well photocopy of my hospital issued birth certificate (original is lost).
-Yes,you can get it.They are located at Census road,Babs Animashaun around Bode Thomas area in Surulere.It will cost your N3,500 excluding sworn affidavit to be produced by you.You will have to obtain this affidavit at
any of the high court in Lagos.

-Are you referring to account jointly owned by you and your husband,pls.If
that is the case it is acceptable.This could be in the form of savings or fixed account.Also you can submit accounts that carry individual names but
ensure the total satisfies the POF for your family members.

• is there a recommended order in which documents should be arranged for submission?
-Order of arrangement is in the checklist please.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf
  • my work experience over the last 10 years is across 3 NOCs: 1113 for 15 months, 1114 for 8 months, and 1112 (most recent) for 3 years; 1112 is hot cake and will likely be filled by the time our application is ready, so intend to apply under 1113. Is this likely to be a problem?-No,problem with 1113 but act fastly please. I have my employment letters for all, and I am in the process of obtaining reference letters for all as well (I got the odu on how to draft my duties here: www dot fsw2014 dot info slash preparing-job-roles slash)
-Get all reference letters from all your jobs so as to ensure you get good points under employment please.

Good luck to all and congratulations to those who have scaled the initial hurdles as we await the news we each desire :).

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
BabyBal said:
Hello my 9ja peeps!

I'm new to the forum: husby and I finally decided to take the step to become Canadian permanent residents in August '14, and we are currently in the process of putting together our application, hoping to have everything we need by mid-Oct (IELTS test date is 2 Oct).

• my work experience over the last 10 years is across 3 NOCs: 1113 for 15 months, 1114 for 8 months, and 1112 (most recent) for 3 years; 1112 is hot cake and will likely be filled by the time our application is ready, so intend to apply under 1113. Is this likely to be a problem? I have my employment letters for all, and I am in the process of obtaining reference letters for all as well (I got the odu on how to draft my duties here: www dot fsw2014 dot info slash preparing-job-roles slash)

You are welcome here and i like your lively spirit :p :p. with all the information you have im sure you can do it yourself. But we all are here to advice you if need be. Ksa already started ;D

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Unibadan said:

To Whom It May Concern

This letter is verification that the customer, (Name) has an account with (company name, a member of Nigerian Stock Exchange). This account, number xxxxxxxxx, was opened Xth September 20xx and has a current cash balance of N3,500,000 from the sale proceeds of his stock portfolio.
If you need additional information regarding this account, please do not hesitate to contact (company name)

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
I will not subscribe that you use this as a proof of fund.
FD or statement of account is preferable....not sure I've seen any applicant use this as POF.
Personally,this may not fly as this is not a financial institution but a stock broking firm.
Cheers.

LUCHIANO260

Sep 11, 2014
HI ALL,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFORMATION. I SAW ON THE CIC SITE SOMETHING PERTAINING TO EXPRESS ENTRY, DOES THIS MEAN IF I SEND MY APPLICATION IN NOW THAT I WILL TAKE LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS TO HAVE IT PROCESSED OR DO I NEED TO WAIT TO JANUARY TO SUBMIT MY FORMS TO QUALIFY FOR THE EXPRESS ENTRY. THIS IS BECAUSE I HEARD IT TAKES ABOUT 23 MONTHS ORIGINALLY TO MIGRATE TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA IF ONE IS NOMINATED AT ALL

THANKS .

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
LUCHIANO260 said:
HI ALL,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFORMATION. I SAW ON THE CIC SITE SOMETHING PERTAINING TO EXPRESS ENTRY, DOES THIS MEAN IF I SEND MY APPLICATION IN NOW THAT I WILL TAKE LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS TO HAVE IT PROCESSED-Yes,it wil be longer than 6 months OR DO I NEED TO WAIT TO JANUARY TO SUBMIT MY FORMS TO QUALIFY FOR THE EXPRESS ENTRY-Yes,you will have to wait till Jan.2015 for EE. THIS IS BECAUSE I HEARD IT TAKES ABOUT 23 MONTHS ORIGINALLY TO MIGRATE TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA IF ONE IS NOMINATED AT ALL-It could be lesser or longer depending on individual cases.Some people migrate within 14 months and others could take some years.
Go for the one that you think is better for you.

THANKS .

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
LUCHIANO260 said:
HI ALL,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFORMATION. I SAW ON THE CIC SITE SOMETHING PERTAINING TO EXPRESS ENTRY, DOES THIS MEAN IF I SEND MY APPLICATION IN NOW THAT I WILL TAKE LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS TO HAVE IT PROCESSED OR DO I NEED TO WAIT TO JANUARY TO SUBMIT MY FORMS TO QUALIFY FOR THE EXPRESS ENTRY. THIS IS BECAUSE I HEARD IT TAKES ABOUT 23 MONTHS ORIGINALLY TO MIGRATE TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA IF ONE IS NOMINATED AT ALL

THANKS .
Hi, welcome to the forum. The timeline on the CIC site is more or less a guide, it is not cast in stone. It may take more time or it might take less for an application to be received, processed and concluded. This is because just as we are all different, our applications are also different. Somebody who has worked for up to 3 employers will not have the same work history as someone who has worked with only 1 employer. Another applicant who has 4 children will have a different family history from somebody who has 1 child still different from an applicant who is single. These issues will be considered by CIC which leads to varying processing times. A lot of factors are considered by CIC.

Curently, CIC is processing applications for 2014 FSW program. The processing of these applications will spill into 2015 when Express Entry program will begin in January, 2015. At that point, the two programs will run concurrently. Those who apply to Express Entry will be different from those who applied to FSW but for the same goal; entry to Canada on PR visa. However, the full details for Express Entry have not been released. The program is still being designed.

You can go back to CIC website and study the FSW program and if you think you qualify, you can apply. At any point you need help with the process, we are here to assist and guide you. All the best :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BabyBal said:
Hello my 9ja peeps!

Hi, welcome on board. Just to clarify ksa's good suggestions to you, mutual funds (a form of investments) will not be acceptable. It's advisable you use funds in a bank account; either savings, current or fixed deposit. Obtain the bank account statement or certificate to reflect the fact you have the funds. Cheers.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Unibadan said:

To Whom It May Concern

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
kollins said:
I will not subscribe that you use this as a proof of fund.
FD or statement of account is preferable....not sure I've seen any applicant use this as POF.
Personally,this may not fly as this is not a financial institution but a stock broking firm.
Cheers.
Hi, our big bro kollins is quite right. The use of balance confirmation on the balance in your account with your stock broker will not fly. It's advisable you use funds in a bank account; either savings, current or fixed deposit. All the best to you :)

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thank you very much ksa! Much, much appreciated :).

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Canadian mum said:
You are welcome here and i like your lively spirit :p :p. with all the information you have im sure you can do it yourself. But we all are here to advice you if need be. Ksa already started ;D
Thanks Canadian mum! This process requires a ton of positive energy, he he. I'll definitely be back with more Qs as I cross the various bridges :)... And provide information as I become more "experienced."

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, welcome on board. Just to clarify ksa's good suggestions to you, mutual funds (a form of investments) will not be acceptable. It's advisable you use funds in a bank account; either savings, current or fixed deposit. Obtain the bank account statement or certificate to reflect the fact you have the funds. Cheers.
Thanks a lot Pipis Husband for that specific tip! And thanks also for creating this thread - saving me thousands of Naira in consultant fees ;).

Ussave

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2015
ksa0510 said:
If you are 1st week in July applicants,this is a mail I got from CIC
based on my enquiry about the progress of my application.

Good Afternoon:

Please be advised that we currently have no record of your submission. However, it could be in the queue for initial processing. If you wish to submit a status enquiry in 3-4 weeks, a further search can be done. Provide your name as per passport, date of birth and tracking number if sent by courier.

Thank you,

Going by the SS and this reply from CIC,feedback is b/w 90-120 days after the receipt of application.

Please never be in a rush to hear from CIC but just relax and take it easy

Thanks
Hi KSA,

I have some questions in relation to your post. How did you write CIO and how long did it take to get response from them?

Thanks.

Ussave

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Ussave, welcome back and thanks for the good wishes.

As to your question about your son's about-to-expire passport, when AVO begins wok on your file, they will send you a list of things they require like forms to fill, PCC etc. This is when you can update them with your son's new passport number, aside that, no worries. :)
PH, Glad to receive your response.........Thanks and God bless.