FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

aremite

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Osun
Category........
PNP
Dear All,

I just get mail from WES that my documents have been received and have to be verified from my university.
Please, does any member of the forum has an idea on how long it may take for WES to verify result from institution? Because am afraid i may not meet up with DEC deadline, so how can I expedite this verification?

Thanks.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
aremite said:
Dear All,

I just get mail from WES that my documents have been received and have to be verified from my university.
Please, does any member of the forum has an idea on how long it may take for WES to verify result from institution? Because am afraid i may not meet up with DEC deadline, so how can I expedite this verification?
Give WES another 4 weeks thereabout.NOTE,the earlier your university can verify your transcripts for them,
the better it is for you.Just quickly follow up on your university.
Goodluck

Thanks.

aremite

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Osun
Category........
PNP
Pipis Husband said:
Hello oscartan, perhaps you did not understand what you read. FSW 2014 is gazetted to end in April 2015 like previous editions of the programme. It runs in one year cycles or till total cap is reached. All those who apply in eligible NOCS which are not capped by April 2015 will be considered under FSW 2014 cycle just as all those who applied in 2014 but before May 1 2014 were considered under FSW 2013. A good example is our forum senior and fellow naija, kollins.
Hi,
Does it mean that someone can simultaneously apply for the current stream and also apply for the express entry in by April 2015?

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
aremite said:
Dear All,

Thanks.
Once your school verifies your credentials, just know that the big hurdle is crossed. WES will only take between 2 to 3 weeks to evaluate your report. So, follow up on your school.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
aremite said:
Hi,
Does it mean that someone can simultaneously apply for the current stream and also apply for the express entry in by April 2015?
aremite
its possible. but be sure that your cap for FSW is not reached as at the time you apply. FSW and Express entry are parallel programmes. You can even apply for a number of different NOCs within the on-going FSW Programme if you have job experience in those NOCs in the last 10 years and they are listed for FSW 2014

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
aremite said:
Dear All,

Thanks.
Hi aremite, I've replied your PM. Check your mail box and remember, the key is your school. Get it sorted out quickly, all the best.

kenifeh

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
18-01-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
Hi All

Is there anyone who used CC to pay application fee? My documents arrived CIC about two months ago. I am monitoring the google spread sheet and am in day 60+, it take approximately 100 days for application fee to be taken after CIC receives application. My question is this: a very important issue came up and i want to go ahead and use the cash in my CC, then to quickly put it back by day 85. Am i correct in my calculation? Can i trust the estimate in google spreadsheet? Should i take the risk?

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
kenifeh said:
Hi All

Is there anyone who used CC to pay application fee? My documents arrived CIC about two months ago. I am monitoring the google spread sheet and am in day 60+, it take approximately 100 days for application fee to be taken after CIC receives application. My question is this: a very important issue came up and i want to go ahead and use the cash in my CC, then to quickly put it back by day 85. Am i correct in my calculation? Can i trust the estimate in google spreadsheet? Should i take the risk?
Kenifeh, i didnt use CC but think i can give a sisterly advice ;), your position is a tight one and risky too. I believe the current pace of CIC is picking up and so the processing times may reduce as the days progress hence making your estimation incorrect. Can you see if you can access funds elsewhere or can you extend credit limit ? You need to weigh your risk properly so you do not regret it. All the best...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
kenifeh said:
Hi All

Hi, Canadian mum, is right, What you are proposing is 'immigration application suicide'. It is just too risky, you have come to far to harm yourself now. Instead borrow money from your family and friends to sort out whatever you want to do. Take this brotherly advice, on no condition should you touch the money in the credit card account until after your application fees are charged. Wish you the best.

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
kenifeh said:
Hi All

I agree totally with Canadian mum and Pipis Husband,its a big risk to touch CC funds now,try source funds else where for this period...don't shoot urself in the foot,u ve come to far already

Rastamans Prayer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenifeh said:
Hi All

Kenifeh, everyone on this forum will give you this same advice, please don't carry out your calculation. Source for funds elsewhere please.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
kenifeh said:
Hi All

Google spreadsheet was made by applicants who got no knowledge whatsoever of cic operations but just assume they may likely work in a certain pattern. Don't you dare touch your application fee at this time is very critical, what if you didnt get it back as at when you intended? God will provide another means for u.

Ussave

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2015
Canadian mum said:
To the glory of God, my status online is showing "Application in process and the receipt date". Im sure my PER is here shortly as he who began the good work is faithful to complet it...
Canadian Mum,

Congrats. Pls. I have a short question, how do one check online status when PER mail is not yet received from CIC? I asked this for the benefit of others, as I could not access mine until after receiving my PER email on 8th August.

To my mentor........Pipis Husband,

Permit me to say a belated Congrats on your PER. I've been away on holiday, just came back on Sunday.

Pls. I have some questions, how does one confirm form transfer to AVO with a view to updating the spreadsheet. Does CIC send form transfer email as I have seen other applicants update theirs?

Secondly, my sons passport will expire in 2 months time and will be obtaining a new one for him, do I need to inform AVO now or should wait till Passport Request stage as I do not have any contact whatsoever with them presently.

Thanks as usual....................Ussave

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Kayb said:
Google spreadsheet was made by applicants who got no knowledge whatsoever of cic operations but just assume they may likely work in a certain pattern. Don't you dare touch your application fee at this time is very critical, what if you didnt get it back as at when you intended? God will provide another means for u.
It may not be completely correct to say that the spreadsheet is just an assumed pattern. It is actually based on real-time information on various CIC's correspondences with applicants who have agreed to enter such data on the spreadsheet.
However, the route that my Kenifeh friend is contemplating is at best, a DEADLY one. Using a CC instead of DD is enough risk on its own already! Please consider that money spent already, its no longer yours but CIC's!

kenifeh

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
18-01-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, Canadian mum, is right, What you are proposing is 'immigration application suicide'. It is just too risky, you have come to far to harm yourself now. Instead borrow money from your family and friends to sort out whatever you want to do. Take this brotherly advice, on no condition should you touch the money in the credit card account until after your application fees are charged. Wish you the best.
Thanks Pipis and Canadian mum. God Bless