+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
rozorin said:
I must say that this wait is killing, as I find myself constantly on the forum checking to see updates from anyone. I am an October 1st applicant. I received my PER on the 12th of January 2015. In May, I got married and notified my consultant, after which I successfully included my husband to the application and sent them by courier. I tracked the package and saw that it landed in AVO on the 11th of September. I have been waiting since then. I am yet to receive MR for myself and my husband. I just hope that this wait will end soon as I want to cross over the new year knowing that we are heading to our canaanland.

I know that we all are expecting one update or the other and I totally understand how we feel this period. But I trust that the God who has started this good thing is able to complete it. It will SURELY ALL END IN PRAISE.
soon the wait must come to an end but know that most times, these files of newly married also undergoes fresh back ground check to ensure your newly married...maybe thats why.just my opinion.....
I hope this wait is not affecting your plans of building your new home :'(
Not my business though.....jsut an advise for us to concentrate on what we have control over

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
I wrote a post yesterday, I later saw that it was in anger, but I did not delete it cos it was already quoted, so it would look hypocritical. I've stopped using faith a while ago, am just rather waiting, cos I know one day, we will hear from them. Honestly am angry, cos am human. How many Canadians can hold over a minimum of 11,000 dollars in the bank for almost 18 months ? And am told to do so, how can I live for over 1.5 years without making long term plans. I can't do anything concrete, just living day by day and waiting. This wait is not fair. Life is almost in a standstill for a year now. I need to move on.

Am no more hoping, am just waiting. Sorry if my post is going to discourage anyone or anger anyone. It gets to a time our human reasoning comes in. The wait is killing me.

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
SOTAJ said:
What pisses me most with all these "hypocrites" is the fact that they come on the thread to form holier than though and post comments that shouldn't be.

Can't you just read a post and move on even if it doesn't go down well with you?

We all know the ploys the terrorists make use of in trying to smuggle themselves into hitherto peaceful climes. The findings on the recent Paris attack speak volumes.And suggesting that CIC should conduct thorough checks before allowing the refugees into Canada does not in any way make anybody wicked or otherwise.

Please let's calm down before responding to comment as I don't think Malberta wrote anything bad. It was just his opinion and he has every right to do that.

One love to all and may this week bring us our expected good news.

SOTAJ
Saw your pm, thanks for the message

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
What pisses me most with all these "hypocrites" is the fact that they come on the thread to form holier than thou and post comments that shouldn't be.

Can't you just read a post and move on even if it doesn't go down well with you?

We all know the ploys the terrorists make use of in trying to smuggle themselves into hitherto peaceful climes. The findings on the recent Paris attack speak volumes.And suggesting that CIC should conduct thorough checks before allowing the refugees into Canada does not in any way make anybody wicked or otherwise.

Please let's calm down before responding to comment as I don't think Malberta wrote anything bad. It was just his opinion and he has every right to do that.

One love to all and may this week bring us our expected good news.

SOTAJ

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Don't give up hope, keep your eye on the prize because it is worth it. Whatever has led to the slow pace in sending new mails and updates to applicants cannot be more important than the application, afterall, the bride/groom is more important than the marriage.

While we sympathize with the Syrian crisis and refugees and we commend the Canadian government's resolve to assist them, we are indeed hopeful that whatever screening process is put in place to select them for immigration will be comprehensive enough to keep security of the country at the forefront. Our measure of humanity is in how we can feel for each other so let's feel much in all things.

We all know that the VOs, like all embassies worldwide are understaffed and overworked and with so many issues competing for their attention now, we can only hope for a quick but more importantly, a positive completion of application processing. As you wait, be hopeful. Never lose hope otherwise, your efforts won't matter anymore and you allow the process defeat your spirit. Your high spirits are what will keep you going when you land and you need your spirit to be positive when you get your visa and when you land here.

Things will get better, it's only time. All the best.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
@Pipis Husband, thanks for the encouraging words. Guys don't lose faith in what you are doing. We will surely get there.

This week we will have positive updates!!!

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Don't give up hope, keep your eye on the prize because it is worth it. Whatever has led to the slow pace in sending new mails and updates to applicants cannot be more important than the application, afterall, the bride/groom is more important than the marriage.

While we sympathize with the Syrian crisis and refugees and we commend the Canadian government's resolve to assist them, we are indeed hopeful that whatever screening process is put in place to select them for immigration will be comprehensive enough to keep security of the country at the forefront. Our measure of humanity is in how we can feel for each other so let's feel much in all things.

We all know that the VOs, like all embassies worldwide are understaffed and overworked and with so many issues competing for their attention now, we can only hope for a quick but more importantly, a positive completion of application processing. As you wait, be hopeful. Never lose hope otherwise, your efforts won't matter anymore and you allow the process defeat your spirit. Your high spirits are what will keep you going when you land and you need your spirit to be positive when you get your visa and when you land here.

Thanks PH well said, we cannot loose hope at this stage.

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Pipis Husband said:

Good one PH, I have personally been expecting your posts. The house lately has been too cold and this is not too good for this waiting period. We need landed seniors encouragements and prayers and not having people attacking themselves on the forum. We need to be so united now than ever always speak with one voice. I am so optimistic that this week will speak out positive news for every one waiting for one good news or the other. It is well and will definitely end in praise.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Hmmm... Tempers dey flare o... Make we try calm down.

Meanwhile, me I have one serious concern sha o; hope our landed seniors can help shed some light and calm my palpitating heart: I go fit find bokoto, goat meat, ogbono, semo and tinz for that side? Golden morn nko? And palm oil / palm wine? Abeg, quick response(s) would be much appreciated.

Appreciate the words of encouragement PH; tuwaile to you as always!

BigDon

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/09/15
Nomination.....
19 febuary,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
19/02/2015
Med's Request
14/09/15
Med's Done....
21/09/15
LANDED..........
2016 By GOD's grace
Guyman1234 said:
I wrote a post yesterday, I later saw that it was in anger, but I did not delete it cos it was already quoted, so it would look hypocritical. I've stopped using faith a while ago, am just rather waiting, cos I know one day, we will hear from them. Honestly am angry, cos am human. How many Canadians can hold over a minimum of 11,000 dollars in the bank for almost 18 months ? And am told to do so, how can I live for over 1.5 years without making long term plans. I can't do anything concrete, just living day by day and waiting. This wait is not fair. Life is almost in a standstill for a year now. I need to move on.

Am no more hoping, am just waiting. Sorry if my post is going to discourage anyone or anger anyone. It gets to a time our human reasoning comes in. The wait is killing me.
Dear Guyman,i understand exactly how you feel because i am in similar situation with you.I think you are getting yourself worked up by blowing things out of proportion.You are not the only one having this delay."Hope" is the only thing that sustains life in times of difficulty.Infact,it is in times like this,that GOD is watching how you will trust him.please put yourself together.There is season and time for everything under the sun. Thank GOD you've done medicals and you know that by CIC standard,your PR VISA will be valid till your medical is one year or expiry of your passport whichever comes first.That should tell you that AVO must contact you for PPR any moment from now cos you are not going to do another medical.AVO should as a matter of fact be under pressure to settle you atleast some some months before your medical is one year.

Just get yourself involved with more research on what to do when you arrive canada,use the time to gather more POF and make other plans that needs to be made because our PR VISA will surely come in due time and when it eventually comes,you might not have enough time to plan.Don't just bore yourself with waiting but rather get involved in some sort of activity and you will just discover that the impact of the waiting time will not be heavy on.
Dear friends,Lets keep hope and faith alive.Our expectations will be realised sooner than we expect,in JESUS name.AMEN!
Wishing us a week full of favorable updates.

BigDon

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/09/15
Nomination.....
19 febuary,2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
19/02/2015
Med's Request
14/09/15
Med's Done....
21/09/15
LANDED..........
2016 By GOD's grace
Pipis Husband said:

Things will get better, it's only time. All the best. GOD bless you,Oga PH for those wise words.We are indeed grateful that you are still keeping faith with us.It is always refreshing when we hear from landed seniors like you.Well done,sir.

layorh12

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
We should not allow this Canada thingy to eat us up though and put our lives on a stand still. There is life before Canada and there will still be life after. Canada is like any other prayer point for me (even though I get anxious once in a while) and I commit it to God each time I remember. I am busy, I have chosen to keep myself busy, In fact my table is full. Yes Canada comes with a lot of uncertainties, but we have just trust God to give us wisdom to joggle things and come out better in the end. Its a challenge really, but it should be well managed. Lets find peace ooo.

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
+1 for you!

BigDon said:
Dear Guyman,i understand exactly how you feel because i am in similar situation with you.I think you are getting yourself worked up by blowing things out of proportion.You are not the only one having this delay."Hope" is the only thing that sustains life in times of difficulty.Infact,it is in times like this,that GOD is watching how you will trust him.please put yourself together.There is season and time for everything under the sun. Thank GOD you've done medicals and you know that by CIC standard,your PR VISA will be valid till your medical is one year or expiry of your passport whichever comes first.That should tell you that AVO must contact you for PPR any moment from now cos you are not going to do another medical.AVO should as a matter of fact be under pressure to settle you atleast some some months before your medical is one year.

Just get yourself involved with more research on what to do when you arrive canada,use the time to gather more POF and make other plans that needs to be made because our PR VISA will surely come in due time and when it eventually comes,you might not have enough time to plan.Don't just bore yourself with waiting but rather get involved in some sort of activity and you will just discover that the impact of the waiting time will not be heavy on.
Dear friends,Lets keep hope and faith alive.Our expectations will be realised sooner than we expect,in JESUS name.AMEN!
Wishing us a week full of favorable updates.

pwettypwecious

Star Member
May 30, 2015
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/12/2014
Doc's Request.
14/9/2015
Nomination.....
19/2/2015
AOR Received.
nil
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19/2/2015
Med's Request
14/9/2015
Med's Done....
21/9/2015
LANDED..........
By GOD's grace
Guyman my man, hafa!
Plllleeeeeaaase do not allow ANYTHING to dampen your spirit. For crying out loud, you are the one who helps us laugh out all the pain
If this begins to overwhelm you, Wetin make we do na?
For what it's worth, we plenty wey never do any long term plan since submission last year. Every Dime we've been earning has been chanelled majorly to the new life ahead
We need very high spirits for the task ahead. My children don turn my walls to blackboard and to be frank, painting it is not in the agenda. At least not for now. Told my hubby to see them as works of art. So you are not alone. Like PH said let's keep our eyes on the prize. Cheer up dear! It will surely end in praise

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
Guyman1234 said:

Yeah, I understand how you feel bro, but hang in there.......the wait will be over sooner than later with a positive end too.....