+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Nirmal

May 28, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05--2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Welcome Manish - my application reached on same day @ 9:36 AM (one minute after your application reached). It is confirmed now that Donnie was busy signing & collecting the applications that morning (and all day along :p)

Manishsb said:
Please enter my information in the spreadsheet..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
NOC : 2174
Visa Office : CPP-O
IELTS Bands : 8
Self Clcltd. Pnts : 74
Spouse IELTS? : Yes
Relative in Canada? : No
Job Offer : No
Degree : BE Computers
ECA Equivalence : same
Job Exp : 10+
PCC Sent : YES
App. Sent : 4-May-13
Fee Method : CC
App. Received : 8-May-13
Receiving Time : 9.35AM
Signed By : Donnie
Destination in Canada : Toronto ON
Since App. Filed : 48
Weeks : 8
-----------------------------------------------------------------

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arranged Employment is always great! If you can get a job , then it should be much faster to apply that way, but whats to stop you from applying now (FSW2013), this year is "supposed" to be processed in a year or a little over that. Jobs do take a while to get sometimes.

preeti88 said:
Hey,

I am applying under NOC 2134. I wanted to know if it is a better idea to go to Canada with a work permit visa after getting a job and then applying for PR from there itself after working for sometime. I am really confused. If i get a work permit visa then i can shift there soon but by applying from here(India) for the PR may take a year or more.

Please suggest anyone...

Thanks!

Manishsb

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Request
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013, passport in hand 15-10-2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013.
Guys..I have a really bad feeling (after reading the case of sachine9183). I think i fall in same category. i.e. my job duties are actually about 2173 and i applied under 2174.

I was comparing the NOC 2174 vs 2173 and found that 2173 is more for software engineer, developer, architect while 2174 is more about computer related programming i.e. computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software.+ interactive media developer + web developer

For 2173 it says,
"Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software."

The bottom line difference is computer programer (2174) vs software programmer (2173)..
with this i may have some rejection news for myself.. :( :(

preeti88

Jun 20, 2013
islandbabe said:
Arranged Employment is always great! If you can get a job , then its should be much faster to apply that way, but whats to stop you from applying now, this year is "supposed" to be processed in a year or a little over that. Jobs do take a while to get sometimes.
Thanks for the reply...

I already have an arranged employment. So I was confused whether to go there and apply or applying from here would be better. Here there are many agencies who can help me out regarding any problem but once I go to Canada with work permit visa I will have to apply from there directly without any help. So I was wondering which would be better. Main motive is to reach there and get the PR quick. :)

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Listen, apply tomorrow if you can, thats my opinion.

preeti88 said:
Thanks for the reply...

I already have an arranged employment. So I was confused whether to go there and apply or applying from here would be better. Here there are many agencies who can help me out regarding any problem but once I go to Canada with work permit visa I will have to apply from there directly without any help. So I was wondering which would be better. Main motive is to reach there and get the PR quick. :)

Nirmal

May 28, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05--2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Wow.. congrats man .. wish me best of luck...
i-Man said:
thanks, yes, and it's quicker than getting bank update.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manish Thats not necessarily true...edit your letter and post it and and let the members give you some feedback if you want. Sachin's letter said nothing about programming....coding...developing scripts etc.

Manishsb said:
Guys..I have a really bad feeling (after reading the case of sachine9183). I think i fall in same category. i.e. my job duties are actually about 2173 and i applied under 2174.

I was comparing the NOC 2174 vs 2173 and found that 2173 is more for software engineer, developer, architect while 2174 is more about computer related programming i.e. computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software.+ interactive media developer + web developer

For 2173 it says,
"Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software."

The bottom line difference is computer programer (2174) vs software programmer (2173)..
with this i may have some rejection news for myself.. :( :(

Binn

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys...
I sent my application under 2174.. Will add my details once I get acknowledgement from them. I see a lot of guys whose waiting time is more than 6 weeks..Has anyone contacted CIC for the status ?

Nirmal

May 28, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05--2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Yh.. fingers crossed mate..

islandbabe said:
I-Man...please post the edited copy of your email for us if you don't mind!

Nirmal (2174) and Huang....(1112) That means you both may also be hearing something tomorrow. fingers crossed, all the best guys.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they have...they were told to wait about 20 working days for a reply. Which date did your application get to CIO Binn?

Binn said:
Hi guys...
I sent my application under 2174.. Will add my details once I get acknowledgement from them. I see a lot of guys whose waiting time is more than 6 weeks..Has anyone contacted the CIC for the status...

Binn

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh not yet..It was just sent 2 days ago...My transcript was delayed...Those buggers from university made me run a lot...and then the WES result..though it was pretty quick...too demoralized...not much of hopes but still keeping fingers crossed....and lets hope for the best !!! :-\

amit80203

Champion Member
Apr 9, 2013
App. Filed.......
18th Oct 2017
AOR Received.
7th Dec 2017
i-Man said:
it seems you gotta threaten by going on strike much often, cause i got my UCI today ;D ;D ;D
Wish all forum members the same ;D ;D
Congrats i-Man, U r man of d day!!!! :D

Manishsb

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Request
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013, passport in hand 15-10-2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013.
islandbabe said:
Manish Thats not necessarily true...edit your letter and post it and and let the members give you some feedback if you want. Sachin's letter said nothing about programming....coding...developing scripts etc.
Here I go..

Letter1:

This is to certify that Mr. Manish was working with us
from xxx to xxx in ttre capacity of ,,Jr. Software Engineer".
During his association with us, he has worked on various projects
involving a large amount of design, development. He was actively
involved in the development of the projects in J2EE, Oracle.
He is resourceful, hardworking and sincere. He has consistent$
performed his duties wittr complete responsibility and ownership.

Letter 2:

This is to certify that Manish has been with our organization from
xx to xx.
During this period, he had worked on application development and maintenance of critical
applications in areas of Equity Research and investment analysis with WIPRO's investment
banking client based on Wall Street.
His areas of expertise are Java /J2EE, SOAP, Sybase, UML. His skills sets are Core Java,
JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, Struts, Java API Apache POI-HSSF, Java Design Pattern,
UML, OOPS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic.
He was responsible for new Java development, soap service development as a part of
project enhancement and maintenance, production issue analysis as a part of
Production Support, He was actively involved in multiple application releases, java
development, defect analysis and maintaining the System Maintenance and Technical
Document for various applications.

Letter 3: This one is from one senior manager from my company, not directly from HR.

As per company records his designation is Lead-Software. His roles and responsibilities
at work place includes –
− Lead the Team of 3 Programmers
− Design software component using Java programming based on business
requirement
− Implement the given design of software program by Java coding and unit test it.
− Software Application Integration
− Software Change Management
− Participate in daily Scrum meetings to discuss the problems and resolutions.

Experts please comment if with these job description, do i fall under 2174?