+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, what if I will arrive in Vancouver airport, but my final destination is Toronto Pearson? where would I need to book? Vancouver hotel? or Toronto Hotel? sorry just to clarify my question, I have already booked a flight which has a 3 hour layover in Vancouver, my problem is, would I be allowed to passthrough Vancouver?
Toronto

neilwazzup

Mar 21, 2018
Hi Sangar, do you have any link regarding this? I tried searching over the internet, but could not find any information.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hi, what if I will arrive in Vancouver airport, but my final destination is Toronto Pearson? where would I need to book? Vancouver hotel? or Toronto Hotel? sorry just to clarify my question, I have already booked a flight which has a 3 hour layover in Vancouver, my problem is, would I be allowed to passthrough Vancouver?
Vancouver.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
You book at the Port of Entry. This is very clear.
My best guess is that your air carrier will inform you of the changes by email and rebook your onward leg 3-4 days later.

pilotfromhk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2020
Definitely Vancouver.

You must receive a negative result from your arrival test before continuing your trip from the hotel. While you travel, you must wear a non-medical mask and practice physical distancing at all times.

• For example: A Winnipeg bound international traveller flying into Vancouver, will stop over at their reserved hotel for up to 3 nights in Vancouver. After a negative test result, that traveller could take their flight to Winnipeg to go to their suitable place of quarantine.
  • For example: An Ottawa bound international traveller flying into Montréal, will stop over at their reserved hotel for up to 3 nights in Montréal. After a negative test result, that traveller could drive or bus to go to their suitable place of quarantine in Ottawa.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist

Reactions: Ppun

neilwazzup

Mar 21, 2018
Hi @Ironclad , I am not quite sure, because I am not a frequent traveler, and the last time I went to Canada was using a visitor visa directly to Toronto. Hence, just want to clarify, so if this is my first time going to Canada as a student, and I have a layover in Vancouver, I will passthrough the immigration in Vancouver? not in Toronto?

neilwazzup

Mar 21, 2018
Hi @pilotfromhk , the problem with their examples is that, their final destination airports do not have mandatory quarantine facilities, while Toronto has. Hence, the confusion. .

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Hi @Ironclad , I am not quite sure, because I am not a frequent traveler, and the last time I went to Canada was using a visitor visa directly to Toronto. Hence, just want to clarify, so if this is my first time going to Canada as a student, and I have a layover in Vancouver, I will passthrough the immigration in Vancouver? not in Toronto?
Yes. You get study permit at Port of Entry.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Hi @pilotfromhk , the problem with their examples is that, their final destination airports do not have mandatory quarantine facilities, while Toronto has. Hence, the confusion. .
YVR has a hotel listed on the website. All 4 ports of entry have hotels listed. If you want to quarantine in the city you will end up doing the rest of your 11 days you are better to connect outside of Canada.