+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM5490E: Additional details of your current relationship?

TheGerman

Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My wife and I are working on our application. After filling out form IMM5490E (Sponsored spouse/partner questionnaire) we are wondering about what we should provide as additional details of our current relationship that would help to prove that our relationship is genuine and continuing.

So far we got 30 pictures developed showing us in our relationship with friends and family over the last four years.

Is there anything else we should include in our application? Right now we cannot think of anything else since it feels like we answered all relationship related questions more than once within the form.

Thank you very much for any help in advance

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Joint bills, bank accounts and lease on the house.

I cant remember if there is a place on there specifically for that... so apologies if there is!

My husband and I attached an essay each explaining our relationship, some people do and some people don't.

Well I attached a love story and he attached a timeline of specific events and dates just because our writing styles are different but his was a very good summary from when we met to our application.

Not everyone does this though. You have to think from the immigration officers point of view and fill in any gaps he may find.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
A couple of the photos we included were from two vacations we took outside of the U.S. (where we met and where we lived together until my husband got posted back to Canada), and we included the flight itineraries and hotel confirmations from those trips together. I know other people also include chat logs, phone bills, etc., to show ongoing communication within the relationship. My application was quite short, compared to some, I'm finding. Hoping that, coming from a visa exempt country and not having any obvious red flags about our relationship, that we didn't need to send the reams of proof that some opted to send.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
What country are you from?

They want a fair amount of proof to show the relationship is genuine. Here is what we included in our application (besides pictures).

Documents from our honeymoon (receipts, etc)
Plane tickets for all travel before we married
Receipts from gifts given while dating, as well as letters
Facebook chat logs and Skype logs
Statement from my bank showing him that he is an authorized user on my credit card, as well as proof of our joint account.
Receipts of things such as rent and utilities being paid via the joint account
Joint signed lease
Letters from friends and family discussing us and our relationship in their eyes
Documents showing he is covered under my work insurance
Documents showing him as my beneficiary

That's about it!

TheGerman

Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from Germany. Thank you very much for the information. We will see how much additional information we can still pull together since we didn't keep receipts or tickets. We will include photocopies of our passports showing visa stamps entering and leaving the country when visiting before we moved in together.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I don't know how you booked travel, but we used an online service (expedia), and even though we hadn't saved the itineraries, we were able to go into our account and pull up copies to print.

TheGerman

Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well we have been living together in Germany since Jan 2011. We traveled between Canada in 2009/2010. We will just send whatever we can find and if they need more information they are more than welcome to interview us or call any of our family members to prove that our marriage is genuine and continuing ...

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
I think more important than travel before marriage is, now that we know you have lived together for 2 years, evidence of living together...joint accounts, leases etc etc

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
in my case i just wrote a letter of our love story and why did i choose my husband and our future plans being husband and wife. i also stated that we still have plans of having church wedding since we only have civil wedding done.... we have enough pictures from 2010 with friends and families and our wedding, honeymoon and reception photos. one more thing i asked my husband's parents to write a letter that they are willing to support us from the time i will reach canada.. hope this helps! ;D