+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

sam3031

Apr 11, 2024
@legalfalcon @m4nu3lex I have submitted my PR application recently but didn't updated my spouse visa refusal of US as that was missed during work permit application , as this is initial stage , I am going to raise a webform and attach a new updated schedule A for my spouse where I will update all the details . However , I have a question the work permit which was approved earlier for her doesn;t have visa refusal information , so informing now will impact anything in the PR or her existing work pemit. Please share your valuable inputs on this.
And also can anyone please guide how to write the above miss in a correct way.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
@legalfalcon @m4nu3lex I have submitted my PR application recently but didn't updated my spouse visa refusal of US as that was missed during work permit application , as this is initial stage , I am going to raise a webform and attach a new updated schedule A for my spouse where I will update all the details . However , I have a question the work permit which was approved earlier for her doesn;t have visa refusal information , so informing now will impact anything in the PR or her existing work pemit. Please share your valuable inputs on this.
And also can anyone please guide how to write the above miss in a correct way.
From my experience, disclosing my U.S. visa refusal on my PR application didn’t affect my previous work permit. When I submitted the web form, I mentioned that the U.S. visa refusal was later approved, and I never faced issues traveling to the U.S. multiple times. IRCC didn’t send me a PFL, and my PR application was eventually approved. I believe this applied to my spouse's application as well since I was the primary applicant. It’s always better to be proactive and inform IRCC about past visa refusals rather than letting them find out on their own.

sam3031

Apr 11, 2024
From my experience, disclosing my U.S. visa refusal on my PR application didn’t affect my previous work permit. When I submitted the web form, I mentioned that the U.S. visa refusal was later approved, and I never faced issues traveling to the U.S. multiple times. IRCC didn’t send me a PFL, and my PR application was eventually approved. I believe this applied to my spouse's application as well since I was the primary applicant. It’s always better to be proactive and inform IRCC about past visa refusals rather than letting them find out on their own.
@m4nu3lex Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Did you followed up with IRCC customer care whether they received the webform ?
Is your timeline of PR processing impacted with the webform ?

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
You should talk to a different immigration lawyer as the current one you have might have set you up for misrepresentation.

Kodi

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
@m4nu3lex Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Did you followed up with IRCC customer care whether they received the webform ?
Is your timeline of PR processing impacted with the webform ?
After a week of webform submission, you should receive an update from IRCC in your email confirming that the supporting documents you sent were added to your file and available for officer review.
As for timelines, it was not affected, it took around the same time suggested on IRCC processing times website for PR applications inside Canada.

sam3031

Apr 11, 2024
After a week of webform submission, you should receive an update from IRCC in your email confirming that the supporting documents you sent were added to your file and available for officer review.
As for timelines, it was not affected, it took around the same time suggested on IRCC processing times website for PR applications inside Canada.
@m4nu3lex

Thank you for the details . As mentioned by another user that it may be considered misrep in previous approved application , However with this one we conveyed apology about the miss due to misread and updated details that after first refusal just within couple of months my spouse got approved visa and traveled to US with out any problem. And as our application is not yet started and we have not received any biometric letter yet.
so do you think it will work ? I am little worried and have this option only available right now.. As you have seen some similar cases in the past along with yours so checking your opinion.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
@m4nu3lex

Thank you for the details . As mentioned by another user that it may be considered misrep in previous approved application , However with this one we conveyed apology about the miss due to misread and updated details that after first refusal just within couple of months my spouse got approved visa and traveled to US with out any problem. And as our application is not yet started and we have not received any biometric letter yet.
so do you think it will work ? I am little worried and have this option only available right now.. As you have seen some similar cases in the past along with yours so checking your opinion.
No one can guarantee the outcome. I'm just sharing my experience. I'll never know what might have happened if I hadn't raised the webform—maybe it would have been the same, or maybe not. I chose to take a proactive approach instead of risking inaction.

sam3031

Apr 11, 2024
No one can guarantee the outcome. I'm just sharing my experience. I'll never know what might have happened if I hadn't raised the webform—maybe it would have been the same, or maybe not. I chose to take a proactive approach instead of risking inaction.
@m4nu3lex Thanks , I also did the same . Lets hope for the best.

ABCD@1982

Aug 26, 2024
@legalfalcon

Hello,

I have a similar situation to some of the folks here. In 2014, I applied for a short term study visa in the UK and it was refused due to insufficient funds. In fact, the officer had overlooked my bank documents so I appealed the decision ( did not apply for a new visa, appealed the old decision) and the visa was approved.

Then I applied for a work permit for Canada and in the visa refusal section I mentioned 'NO' and the work permit was approved. I have recently applied for EE and in the application I mentioned 'NO' again. Do you think this is fine or should I do something?

ABCD@1982

Aug 26, 2024
I’m in the same situation, I had US visa rejection in 2004 and totally forgot about it. I did not disclosed this in my student visa and pgwp.
Now I will be submitting our PR application and just want to know how I will correct this unintentional mistake. Thank you

ABCD@1982

Aug 26, 2024
I’m in the same situation, I had US visa rejection in 2004 and totally forgot about it. I did not disclosed this in my student visa and pgwp.
Now I will be submitting our PR application and just want to know how I will correct this unintentional mistake. Thank you