+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to attach proof of residency

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
My husband, daughter and I arrived in Canada in 2012 as TFWs and landed as permanent residents in 2015.

We intended to renew our PR cards in 2020, but then Covid happened and we couldn't get documents we needed like our birth certificates.

I just started the process now (I know we didn't lose PR status, just that we couldn't travel) but I forgot to include proof of residency!

I did put in a cover letter that states that we did not leave Canada since we arrived, and our expired PR cards and the fact that we are IN Canada proves that we didn't leave to go anywhere, but now I'm worried about what happens next!

Will the return it to me so I can upload proof? I have a TON of it, I just stupidly looked at an old thread here and they said you only have to attach that if you weren't in Canada!

Should I call them? It's an online application so I can't see any other way to amend or update it.

HELP!

Beachalog

Jun 26, 2024
Where do I go to do that? I have a metric eff ton of "evidence" but there's no way to do it via the online portal, and it's only showing as "submitted" so far.