+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience while full time student for FSW

Pranavpal

Jun 2, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Skilled work experience during studies OUTSIDE of Canada does count as long as it was paid and NOC 0,A,B.
But by showing this does the probability of further scrutiny or case being declared as misrepresentation increases ?

( i am worried because its a small company in Delhi which used to pay me cash.)

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
Hi guys,
Did anyone have success with the work and study overlap issue for FSW category and can share their story?

During my last semester of graduation, I joined a startup as a marketing/operations executive in my home country. I would work 2.5-3 hours a day on weekdays and 17-18 hours on weekends (study pressure in last the semester is usually very low) making it a weekly average of 30-32 hrs. This continued for 4 months until I graduated, after which I joined the same firm as a full-time employee, working there for another 4 months. (Post which I joined an MNC).

I recently received my ITA and would be applying in the FSW category.

Regards,
Radix
Yes! I had part-time work experience (20h/week) while I was a full-time student, and claimed that experience - got my PR last year.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But by showing this does the probability of further scrutiny or case being declared as misrepresentation increases ?

( i am worried because its a small company in Delhi which used to pay me cash.)
No, the level of scrutiny will be the same, as long as you're not lying in your application and have the documents to prove your employment you shouldn't be concerned right?

Reactions: Pranavpal

Pranavpal

Jun 2, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Yes! I had part-time work experience (20h/week) while I was a full-time student, and claimed that experience - got my PR last year.
Thankyou velveteen for the quick reply !
So was that part-time experience longer than one year ?

Pranavpal

Jun 2, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
No, the level of scrutiny will be the same, as long as you're not lying in your application and have the documents to prove your employment you shouldn't be concerned right?
Thank Delpiero for the reply ! I just wanted to confirm that is claiming part-time work with full time study a safe option or not ; now its clear.

Now i can go update my profile & probably get an ITA in the next round !
Thanks to every1 in this forum for being so friendly & helpful.

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi there. My question is addressed to FSW applicants. For anybody who entered paid work experience gained whilst enrolled as a full-time student in a non-Canadian institution: how did that work out? What documents did you have to submit as evidence?
Thanks!

SokieBia

Apr 26, 2018
I am also looking for info on this matter

Someone answered that earlier. Why don’t you read it? This is no big deal. I did the same. Everyone who answered this question show that it’s normal. If you want to claim it please go ahead. I claimed one year work experience outside Canada and it was spread over four years. So that’s a reiteration if the answer given by other respondents for you.

Reactions: Mehrdad2275

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Someone answered that earlier. Why don’t you read it? This is no big deal. I did the same. Everyone who answered this question show that it’s normal. If you want to claim it please go ahead. I claimed one year work experience outside Canada and it was spread over four years. So that’s a reiteration if the answer given by other respondents for you.
Thanks, guys. One more question. I worked for a specific employer over a period of three years part-time. The employer letter provides the date range worked but no information about the hours (apart from saying "combination of full-time and part-time").

Do I need to submit a letter of explanation with this to clarify the exact number of hours? Or should I simply submit just the letter from my employer?

ankit190389

May 18, 2018
Hi friends.

Can anyone help me on this.

I have completed my b.tech in 2011 june. Later in august 2012 i got admission to do m.tech in a college regular. And in december 2012 i got job as a software developer in a company. So i pursued both side by side and completed m.tech in 2014 and am in same job since last 5.5 years. I want to know how will i show my experience of 5.5 years along with m.tech i completed. As both are regular. Can anyone suggest on this. Thanks in advance

vansshbhatia

Jun 25, 2018
I am going to complete my masters in september 2018 and I had full time work experience of 30 hours a week along with my education and can provide all the legit documents, Just wanted to enquire if that experience counts in

Kritika_87

Sep 17, 2019
Hi friends.

Can anyone help me on this.

I have completed my b.tech in 2011 june. Later in august 2012 i got admission to do m.tech in a college regular. And in december 2012 i got job as a software developer in a company. So i pursued both side by side and completed m.tech in 2014 and am in same job since last 5.5 years. I want to know how will i show my experience of 5.5 years along with m.tech i completed. As both are regular. Can anyone suggest on this. Thanks in advance
I have the same question. Did you get answer to it?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have the same question. Did you get answer to it?
Yes, you can show work experience gained while studying under the FSW class, as long as the work and study was outside Canada. You cannot show this as Canadian work experience.

Reactions: jackan