+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Foreign work experience* - 2 years 11 months as 3 years

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
I don't understand why the officer will reduce your points for 3 years of foreign work experience. As a CEC applicant, I got points for 1 year 3 months of foreign work experience. If 1 year of foreign work experience is seen as an asset that gets you CRS points, why would 3 years detract from your points?
1 year, 1 year 3 months, 2 years, or 2 years 11 months will get you the same points for foreign experience. But 3 years are a different story since you are getting more points.

Poornimas

Jan 8, 2024
Hi All!!
I am CEC applicant with 2 years 11 months foreign work experience, but my Express Entry profile is updated with the points equivalent to (full 3 year experience).
Now, I cannot complete my "3 years foreign work experience" as well as not include it since it drastically drops my points. What would be my possible options?
HELP!!

TIA
Hi
I am in similar situation with 2yrs 11 months experience. Can you share what did you do further?
Thanks in advance.

Tori143

Oct 14, 2023
Hi
I am in similar situation with 2yrs 11 months experience. Can you share what did you do further?
Thanks in advance.
It happened to me and everything went fine and I got PPR, FSW-O. The system counts by months, so does the officer because the gcms notes stated so. If the system says it’s 3 years then it’s 3 years. But most people advise to wait out the remaining few weeks if you can

Poornimas

Jan 8, 2024
It happened to me and everything went fine and I got PPR, FSW-O. The system counts by months, so does the officer because the gcms notes stated so. If the system says it’s 3 years then it’s 3 years. But most people advise to wait out the remaining few weeks if you can
Alright
Thanks a lot

Naid

Jan 10, 2024
Hi, I have a similar situation my foreign experience is from July 24,2017 to July 16,2018 should I consider adding it to my EE profile to gain 1 year experience points or not to claim the additional points. Please advice!

shaheryar956

Sep 10, 2024
Hi, I have a similar situation my foreign experience is from July 24,2017 to July 16,2018 should I consider adding it to my EE profile to gain 1 year experience points or not to claim the additional points. Please advice!
Does one get same crs points for 1 year of foreign work experience and 2 year of foreign work experience??

shaheryar956

Sep 10, 2024
I don't understand why the officer will reduce your points for 3 years of foreign work experience. As a CEC applicant, I got points for 1 year 3 months of foreign work experience. If 1 year of foreign work experience is seen as an asset that gets you CRS points, why would 3 years detract from your points?
Does one get same crs points for 1 year of foreign work experience and 2 year of work experience??

shaheryar956

Sep 10, 2024
Hi All!!
I am CEC applicant with 2 years 11 months foreign work experience, but my Express Entry profile is updated with the points equivalent to (full 3 year experience).
Now, I cannot complete my "3 years foreign work experience" as well as not include it since it drastically drops my points. What would be my possible options?
HELP!!

TIA
Does one get same crs points for 1 year of foreign work experience and 2 year of work experience??