+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Foreign work experience* - 2 years 11 months as 3 years

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
I don't understand why the officer will reduce your points for 3 years of foreign work experience. As a CEC applicant, I got points for 1 year 3 months of foreign work experience. If 1 year of foreign work experience is seen as an asset that gets you CRS points, why would 3 years detract from your points?
1 year, 1 year 3 months, 2 years, or 2 years 11 months will get you the same points for foreign experience. But 3 years are a different story since you are getting more points.

Poornimas

Jan 8, 2024
Hi All!!
I am CEC applicant with 2 years 11 months foreign work experience, but my Express Entry profile is updated with the points equivalent to (full 3 year experience).
Now, I cannot complete my "3 years foreign work experience" as well as not include it since it drastically drops my points. What would be my possible options?
HELP!!

TIA
Hi
I am in similar situation with 2yrs 11 months experience. Can you share what did you do further?
Thanks in advance.

Tori143

Oct 14, 2023
Hi
I am in similar situation with 2yrs 11 months experience. Can you share what did you do further?
Thanks in advance.
It happened to me and everything went fine and I got PPR, FSW-O. The system counts by months, so does the officer because the gcms notes stated so. If the system says it’s 3 years then it’s 3 years. But most people advise to wait out the remaining few weeks if you can

Poornimas

Jan 8, 2024
It happened to me and everything went fine and I got PPR, FSW-O. The system counts by months, so does the officer because the gcms notes stated so. If the system says it’s 3 years then it’s 3 years. But most people advise to wait out the remaining few weeks if you can
Alright
Thanks a lot

Naid

Jan 10, 2024
Hi, I have a similar situation my foreign experience is from July 24,2017 to July 16,2018 should I consider adding it to my EE profile to gain 1 year experience points or not to claim the additional points. Please advice!