+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi BobbyB,

I'm glad i came across this thread again. I applied in Nov '07 to London and unfortunately have heard nothing. Its so cr*p as we have no idea when we will hear! Have u got all your docs together?

They really need to employ some more people at the London office!

Anyway all the best and fingers crossed we all hear soon.

BobbyB said:
Bigmo said:
BobbyB said:
Gregor said:
Hey BobbyB,
I noticed on trackit that some July 2007 applicants received documents request.
What month is your case?
Hopefully you'll get your request soon.
Cheers,
Gregor
oh la la!!! 3 more months to go.

The question is still whether any body received a documents update letter this month though.
Like U I am also waiting and have applied August 2007 to London office but nothing yet. Ur statement that it maybe the last of 2009 scared me to death! Do they do this sort of thing?
I don't know. I have come to this conclusion after having noticed on trackit.com data that nobody has been sent a documents update letter request anymore (JULY2007 Applicants received the last ones). So, I assumed, maybe, they will now concentrate on those one's until they are finished/decision made (for the next half of the year) and then start again in January2010.
What do you think, doesn't it look like that?

Anyways its better waiting than hearing a no, right?
You may be right, but, "time and tide waits for nobody".

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is this a "CIC London Paradox"?
No more updates letter for 2007 Applicants?

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Not yet mate.

Everyday when the postman comes i'm praying I'll see the little brown envelope.
No such luck yet. I haven't looked on trackit recently and don't know when the last case to receive the update letter was. You're probably much more clued up than me on this.

Really wishing they're not on a go-slow at CIC London.

shahida

Sep 30, 2009
hi all,
i guess we r all in the same boat.i aslo applied to the london office,in april2007.aor received on06 july 2007.
after a long wait of 2 years,we got a request for the supporting documents,which were sent in aug 2009.and then still waiting for a reply.
lets hope for the best for everyone.
regards.
shahida.

nike100

Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Medical request received on 22nd September 2009, exactly 4 months after submitting documents.

Good luck to all 2007ers.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Re: No news since August 17th

I have been thinking that the Canadian embassy here in London may not be sending any new letters due to the current Royal Mail strike that has been going on for the last month and still ongoing. I have heard that Royal Mail's backlog will take weeks to clear once this is sorted and that some letters may never get to their destinations.

I am only saying that because I needed something from another consulate here in London and they said that they are not sending anything now, as they do not want people to have the excuse that they never received it due to strike or that they did not have the full amount of time they allow them to have to fill out and collect papers. Also, I just transfer jobs with a new company here in London and they had to send all contracts and documents as special delivery to me, which I doubt the Canadian Hign Commission is doing.

So maybe we just have to be patient, and when this is over they may just send a huge blast of letters to all 2007 applicants... I am from 06SEP2007 so I am hoping to receive my documents by end of November if all goes well.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Thanks for the information edupolo. Again, patience is a virtue right bobbyB?
I hope to receive my 120day letter in Nov. or December '09.

Piolo

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
Thanks for the information edupolo. Again, patience is a virtue right bobbyB?
I hope to receive my 120day letter in Nov. or December '09.

Piolo
Yeah Man. Piolo, u r 100% right. All the best.
I live in Berkshire(UK) and have bee receiving mail though, So not sure whether it is because of the "postal strike".
I don't know how others have been getting PPR and Medical request?

I guess, we haven't got a choice but to keep on waiting. I can wait another 6 Months, but not longer.
Fortunately things have started picking up again here in the UK.

Anyway, time will tell.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that there has been a complete halt to sending out "update request letters" for August/Sept 2007 applicants, nothing can be seen either on this forum nor on any other forum including trackitt.com

Could it be that the quota of visas at the London CHC have been exhausted for "old applicants"?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, as nothing seems to be moving, I guess, we should start looking forward to XMAS rather than documents update letter. I was on a visit to one of my clients site and had the first feeling of XMAS coming on it's way, as they were busy planning their annual XMAS party. I am sure CIC officers and IO's will be doing the same soon.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Yes, BobbyB, can't help but get sad because I am looking forward to that 2nd letter as I thought
the flow won't be disrupted. Anyway christmas bring joy and hope to our hearts, so thanks for this
thread you've initiated, will always keep this alive 'til..... God bless us all ...

Piolo

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
Yes, BobbyB, can't help but get sad because I am looking forward to that 2nd letter as I thought
the flow won't be disrupted. Anyway christmas bring joy and hope to our hearts, so thanks for this
thread you've initiated, will always keep this alive 'til..... God bless us all ...

Piolo
"Aluta Continua - The struggle continues"