+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs K said:
Dear Newcomer and BobbyB

I have a simple question which I am confused about. The update letter request from CHC London says "Provide copies of ....." There is no mention of notarised/certified copies at all.
In the London Visa office checklist Appendix A for FSW it says, "...Send Notarised copies of all documents except police certificates which must be originals...."

My question is which one do you follow?
Correct me if I am wrong but getting all copies notarised will cost a fortune.

Please share how you intend to proceed on this issue of copies of documents or notarised copies of documents.

Thanks
Well, if I were you, and again, if I received such a letter addressed to me (hopefully soon), I will do exactly and follow what is written in the letter. According to my understanding, a letter addressed personally to me, refers directly to my case and that what you see on the CIC website is for/to me a general guide and checklist.

Let's see what others have to say.

Note:
I am not an Immigration lawyer nor consultant. This is my personal view and should not be taken as legal advise. This is what I personally will do.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
I applied March 2007 and received an application file number Aug 2007. Still waiting. i contacted my local Visa office and they said anytime soon. they told me 2 months ago I should receive an answer by May or June. Now its August or September or whatever.

I am Sudanese so i would not be surprised that my case will be dealt with more strictly than other nationalities.

I have not received anything as of yet.

I am wondering if its a refusal why keep a person waiting like this? How can you know how your application is going if you have to wait almost 2 years just to hear from them?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigmo said:
I applied March 2007 and received an application file number Aug 2007. Still waiting. i contacted my local Visa office and they said anytime soon. they told me 2 months ago I should receive an answer by May or June. Now its August or September or whatever.

I am Sudanese so i would not be surprised that my case will be dealt with more strictly than other nationalities.

I am wondering if its a refusal why keep a person waiting like this? How can you know how your application is going if you have to wait almost 2 years just to hear from them?

Relax man and don't be prejudiced, they are still dealing with July2007 cases, I think.
If your AOR is August 2007 and the office responsible for you case is London, then I'd advise you to start getting your papers ready as you may be "called upon" very soon.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
BobbyB said:
Bigmo said:

Relax man and don't be prejudiced, they are still dealing with July2007 cases, I think.
If your AOR is August 2007 and the office responsible for you case is London, then I'd advise you to start getting your papers ready as you may be "called upon" very soon.
lets hope so!

There is not much paper work left anyways except medicals and police report. I already submitted my originals like certificates and birth certificate.

But what i still don't know is the refusal. You asked if anyone got a letter with the response. I applied from the London office, but is the response you are asking the response for more documents or also the refusals as I have not seen any comments about getting the refusal letter after about two years from application time.

I guess what I mean is the refusal letter and the request for more documents around the same time or do the refusals generally come earlier as you expect it would.?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigmo said:
BobbyB said:
Bigmo said:

lets hope so!

There is not much paper work left anyways except medicals and police report. I already submitted my originals like certificates and birth certificate.

But what i still don't know is the refusal. You asked if anyone got a letter with the response. I applied from the London office, but is the response you are asking the response for more documents or also the refusals as I have not seen any comments about getting the refusal letter after about two years from application time.

I guess what I mean is the refusal letter and the request for more documents around the same time or do the refusals generally come earlier as you expect it would.?
I think I misunderstood you. You seem to have updated all your documents and are waiting for medicals.
If I may ask, how come you submitted all documents except the Police certificate?
Should you not have submitted that together with all other documents?
And for which country have you not submitted the PCC?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Bobby - how is your application going? Have they got to your application date yet?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
Bobby - how is your application going? Have they got to your application date yet?
Hello, my friend. Have not touched base with you for sometime.
What are you doing on this post for us poor old applicants? :)))

Man, I am still waiting and do hope that something is going to happen within the next 3 months (hopefully). My AOR is Nov2007, so I guess, if my calculations are correct I should be receiving a documents update letter soon.

How about your application? Are you already in Canada?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
All i can say is that i am closer to canada that you.....physically closer that is. Immigration wise, thats another matter.

Fortunately for me, they haven't started processing my application. I saw a mistake in one of my transcripts, which basically said that i have completed my degree but one course is still in progress. Luckily I ordered two transcripts that day (back in Jan) and i opened one recently to scan it and i saw this mistake. Now the university is fedexing me two copies which I hope to get to CIC on time. So maybe it was really good that they hadn't looked into my file because if they had, they would have thought mine was a fake transcript lol.

3 months isn't bad. You'll be in CA in no time.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
All i can say is that i am closer to canada that you.....physically closer that is. Immigration wise, thats another matter.

Hahaha, That's very true. You are just a stone's throw away. (LOL)

Fortunately for me, they haven't started processing my application. I saw a mistake in one of my transcripts, which basically said that i have completed my degree but one course is still in progress. Luckily I ordered two transcripts that day (back in Jan) and i opened one recently to scan it and i saw this mistake. Now the university is fedexing me two copies which I hope to get to CIC on time. So maybe it was really good that they hadn't looked into my file because if they had, they would have thought mine was a fake transcript lol.
Lucky you. Get it corrected ASAP.
3 months isn't bad. You'll be in CA in no time.
Yeah man, I can live with that, but "I can't wait but longer, the urge is getting stronger and stronger". (LOL)

All the best man.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
BobbyB said:
Bigmo said:
BobbyB said:
Bigmo said:

lets hope so!

I think I misunderstood you. You seem to have updated all your documents and are waiting for medicals.
If I may ask, how come you submitted all documents except the Police certificate?
Should you not have submitted that together with all other documents?
And for which country have you not submitted the PCC?
I have sent these documents when i first applied in march 2007. I received a file number on aug 2007. I did not send my medicals and did not receive any answer from them till now. It is expected that I hear from them any time soon. I am just wondering why they keep people waiting so long. I don't even know if i made it through the application process and what kind of a response I am getting.

But when I applied I sent my birth, education, work experience and passport copy and filled a form about my biography. I also sent some ohotos all hrough my local visa office. They told me it went to London office and I should have recieved a response around may and june. It looks like it got delayed but from your data i should be getting it by this month the most.

Any other documents I can think of is medicals and police, but thats when they ask for it which they haven't till now.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi, Bobby B.Thanks for the good wishes man.I regret the delay in reply.
@Mrs K,well as far as getting the copies notarized s concerned,I ve got almost all of my documents notarized.As it does not cost much ,so why should one take a risk for such minor things.
Secondly I ve contact with many other applicants of London office with the same timeline and all of them already submitted notarized documents.May be I m wrong but I ve tried to explain what I m doing ,now its ur choice.
My line for immigration to Canada s "Prepare for the best and then hope for the best".
If u want to know the experiences of other members of ur time line , I invite u n Bobby B, to another forum at www.immigration.ca
Here u will find a thread especially reserved for 2007 London applicants, with the name "Simplified Application Process 2007 applicants".
@Bobby B , that thread especially needs a knowledgeable n helpful member like u.

regards

Mrs K

Jul 11, 2009
Dear Newcomer

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with you "better be safe than sorry" on the issue of sending copies or notarised copies. Can you give some idea about notarial charges and contact of notary. I will surely visit the discussion forum you have mentioned many thanks a lot for that.

Regards
Mrs K

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Dear Mrs K,
I will be more than happy if I could be of any help to you.It appears from your posts that you are currently based at UK.If thats the case then I am sorry to say ,I have no idea about the notarization process in UK, as I m based at KSA and got my documents notarized from my home country ,from where they were issued,except my UK degree which I got attested from British Council ,which cost me 200 SAR (almost 15GBP),I also have got PCC from UK, which cost me 35GBP.
In my view if you are UK national and based at UK ,the severity of checking of documents might not be as strict for you as it is for non UK nationals.Also if all of your documents are from UK ,then it ll be easy for CIC to confirm about their authenticity from the concerned depts.
May be some UK applicants could contribute more .

Regards

zafaryaar1

Jul 5, 2009
hi,
i had applied from Sweden (submitted simplified application form) in London office in December 2008. and they started processing it on 25 January 2008. Any body who applied at this time and got reply now?

Now, i have moved from Sweden. Where will I get the medical? 2nd I have written in point 12 of simplified application form where they asked for residential address, I wrote my permanent home address of Pakistan, although at that time i was in Sweden, is it ok? or i had to write there my Sweden address? what should i do now? I emailed that 3 times but they never replied.

I am not going to Pakistan till December 2009, what should i do i got reply from them before that time to submit the documents? can i request them for some more months time?

thanks in advance for your time.
bye

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs K said:
Dear Newcomer

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with you "better be safe than sorry" on the issue of sending copies or notarised copies. Can you give some idea about notarial charges and contact of notary. I will surely visit the discussion forum you have mentioned many thanks a lot for that.

Regards
Mrs K
With all due respect to other countries, If you studied and have documents from the UK, then, in my opinion you do not need to notarize the documents. Again, the general checklist is for London office which is responsible for so many countries. I am not saying and discouraging anyone from getting their papers notarized, if you have enough money please go ahead and get them done.