+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All The Lebanese on this forum

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I like to start a new topic for all the lebanese on this forum going by damascus office, to share ideas, timeline, advice, problem, happy time, bad time, stories, statistic (if found), interviews, all these topic that we are living for since we have sent our application to CPC...
Yalla, I have started the topic, start sharing your story, so we will be one for all, and all for one...:)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I am sad, no one reply to my post...:((((((

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hi my name is Marlena :0(, I do recognize your name lol!!!!! I'm still waiting and it's going to take forever. I hate that PLEASE HELP.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Happy Easter for you too,
Boujasim, haven't you heard from the embassy yet concerning your interview?
I guess they should schedule an interview soon for you, since like PMM said; an officer will come to the embassy in Beirut for the interview.
marlena...what to tell you..:)
Let me tell about what is happening with me. If I have known that forum and other that I surf, since the beginning of my application, I were to have a serious breakdown, cause when we filed my application feb 2008, I didn't even knew how to write or pronounce immigration, so I was extremely cool, until Beginning of august, when my visitor visa to USA end and return Lebanon, the nightmare begin, start doing research, start spending at least 10 to 12 hours daily on the internet and forum (since I don't work)..It was a living heal, because there was lot of information for me to understand, to think about..and without noticing, I used to think that if this person is refused or having problem, we will face the same. So I turned from a total ignorant person in immigration to a person who can discuss immigration issue with even my immigration lawyer for whom I told him to do some stuff for my application, he didn't tell us about or skip it. but the price was big, I am really tired, my nerve are very tired, I am always thinking in my application, I become addicted to reading over these forum, it is like I have only one thing in my life, immigration, I even reach a time where I used to talk with my husband only in my application, nothing about us...
my advice to you, you still in the beginning of your application, and it is a long trip, specially that you are sponsoring your husband, live your life, don't do much research, don't read lot of forum until at least you start getting news about your application.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
^^^ same thing used to happen to me, untill i decided to not care about all the cases i read about, tanshi ow mitil ijrik...2oli allah ow kil shi biseir mnih.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
It's funny you are both saying this because when I did my application, I didn't know 1/2 of the information that I know now. I use to think well as long you are Canadian Citizenship you shouldn't have a problem but in my belief when you are marrying someone it's a short term relationship but rather long term especially in our culture but I guess it has been change since I left Lebanon. Honestly I didn't know any information other than filling out the form as soon as possible and not bothered by what other people is writing and suggesting. The more I read in this forum the more I get depressed and you are right when u said you get addicted because it's my case now and my husband told me if you don't stop talking about it I will come personally to Canada and disconnect your internet :0( since it starts make him nervous as well.I keep asking him you have to write me every week a letter even if you don't want to you have to pretend, you have to do this and that and now it seems our phone calls about the application so yes I do understand what u are going through and feel with both of u.
Now even I'm telling him I hope your interview won't be scheduled before I go to Lebanon in mid September so we can practice a little our interview questions. All he believes and he feels that it won't be that hard but I believe that it's going to take a lot to convince them.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Did I understand right, you are originaly lebanese?
in that case , welcome to the forum addiction, but watch out, after a while you will start having nightmare and you will have problem sleeping.
I had all these, and specialy that i am not working, I had all the time to surf the forum and get made and not sleep, until i registered in a gym and as well I am doing some work in order to distract my mind
I am little curious if you may let me ask:
you got married civil marriage in canada without your husband family?
where you able to send picture of the marriage? the ceremony, and where you clear in explaining to the immigration why your parent in law weren't in the wedding?
sorry for these question, but they are very important for the immigration

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
^^ no they are not VERY important, nothing alone is important, i can take thousands of pictures per week, anyone can agree with a canadian to marry him\her for some money and they can agree on doing a flashy wedding and agree to write a million email per month but all this is not important, what is VERY important is for a couple to be genuine,and how the immigration knows? well its by the answers they provide,having a flashy marriage with tones of pictures has no value to immigration, its how ur relation developed and how u meet(ie thru a person,work,net) and if you can provide proof is what matters,other than that, nothing matters, ppl around these forums say they provided 2-5kgs of proof and still got rejected, a genuine relation shows without any effort,its simple and realstic, thats why i tell you both, if your relationship is genuine(i know it is) then you have NOTHING to worry about.
even if you or your spouse got called in for an interview,its no big deal, they have questions to ask, if you answer truthfully you will 200% be accepted.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boujasim is right because when my husband came to Canada they knew I was his gf and the time I wasn't married but they still granted him visa for 6 months not only once but almost 4 times. There was a lot of evidence with him showing that I was his fiancee even we both denied, they suspected if they let him in the possibility is very high to he will remain in Canada but if you go by their rules and answer in an honest way I don't think they will reject. I believe in faith and I'm sure the way he was granted visa, he also will do well in the interview. I"m sure there will be one but I'm taking a risk as well.
My Civil marriage some of family was there and some not. I didn't sent thousands of pictures and didn't have even pictures when we met. At the time it wasn't a big deal because we both didn't know were our relationship will end up and I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation. You don't bring a camera everywhere you go for the sake of the immigration and the paper and I had explained the reason why I didn't provide pictures since we met. As an IO at the immigration the first sign that I look for is how comfortable the person when he is providing his answers. The key is repeating the same questions after 5 minutes you had asked the person and that's when u know if he is telling the truth or rather study for his interview.
I can give you thousands of letter from Canada immigration to read them and how us as adjudicators we analyze them. I go through it every single day. Perhaps I should copy and paste one example and show you how we came with our decision. I don't know perhaps it will help you me and the rest of the people in the forum.
I don't want to show it to everyone because I could be in trouble but I will definitely scan one example and send it to your Hotmail account perhaps you will have a better idea on what I'm talking about.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, you made me confused...you are an Immigartion officer in the candian immigration????
If so , you the one who has the big portion of info on how things go in immigration, and we need to learn from you...

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Rasha, you are lebanese too or your husband? it seems that the lebanese on this forum are less than 5 people , even that from what i know, there is lot of lebanese in canada, and huge number in monteal

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
marlena is an IO at the canadian border safety agency or something like that, mitil el 2amn el 3am bikhatmo 3al passport ow hek osas

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I see, well if so, she can give us some ideas how IO think or how they evaluate people from the way they are acting, talking, any advice, anything to beware of , anything to concentrate on...any advice will be good.