+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time landing!! Need help

Maliha1986

Jun 15, 2011
Hellow all,

I have recieved PR visa. I want to land in the begning of next month. I want to know about the proof of funds questions at the port of entery??
I do not have full amount that was declared in the application form.

What can i do to pass this step with limited amount of funds???

Regards,
Maliha

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maliha1986 said:
Hellow all,
I have recieved PR visa. I want to land in the begning of next month. I want to know about the proof of funds questions at the port of entery??
Regards,
Maliha
Hi,
Maliha

You don't need to show the all funds which you have mentioned in your application. You need to show only POF which is mentioned in cic web according to your family size.

For example let say you mentioned in your application $ 30,000 and your family is total 2members so at landing time you don't need to show 30,000 as POF you need to show only $13,837 as POF. It is not necessary to show the amount what you declared in application it is important only to show what is required as POF. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hope its helps

hmisabpk

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear Maliha

Visit the below link for information

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Maliha1986

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply,

Total amount of funds that i would have at the time of landing are approx. 7000 dollars. This amount is even less for the family of 1 or 2 persons.

What should i do. You can send me PM.

Regards,
Maliha
asyousuf said:
Dear Maliha

Visit the below link for information

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Maliha

You don't need to show the all funds which you have mentioned in your application. You need to show only POF which is mentioned in cic web according to your family size.

For example let say you mentioned in your application $ 30,000 and your family is total 2members so at landing time you don't need to show 30,000 as POF you need to show only $13,837 as POF. It is not necessary to show the amount what you declared in application it is important only to show what is required as POF. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hope its helps

hmisabpk

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Maliha1986 said:
Hellow all,

Regards,
Maliha

IOs at POE don't verify the funds. So passing this step should not be a hurdle. But, it is not a comforting feeling landing in a foreign country during harsh winter season without adequate funds, unless you have some kind of support system already in place over there. During the initial settling down period, till one is suitably employed, min. funds mentioned on CIC website are indeed required. May God help you.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Maliha1986 said:
Thanks for the reply,

Total amount of funds that i would have at the time of landing are approx. 7000 dollars. This amount is even less for the family of 1 or 2 persons.

What should i do. You can send me PM.

Regards,
Maliha
Dear,

You can't enter Canada with defficiency of funds, don't take that risk. The Port authority in Canada might send you back to your home country once they discover it. Sell your property in your home country, still you can't make it then borrow from somebody and return the amount once you land here.

Wish you all the best.

Maliha1986

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply,
My sister and brother are living there since 2004. They will support me in the begning. If there is no other way to pass this step with defficiency of funds then i would try to mannage it but this is too difficult..

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
Too much talk about POF but according to the official website, IO wont check that you have the amount which recommended to have during the first 6 months, they only ask for declaring if u have mre than 10,000$.

check the website and inform me if anywhere its mentioned that u have to carry speific amounts.

Awaiting

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
mrprice said:
Too much talk about POF but according to the official website, IO wont check that you have the amount which recommended to have during the first 6 months, they only ask for declaring if u have mre than 10,000$.

check the website and inform me if anywhere its mentioned that u have to carry speific amounts.

Awaiting
No dear, IO's have full authority to check it. They have checked mine and for many landed immigrants I know. During the application process you have to show the funds in the form of bank statement, and you have to confirm it (by actually showing the money or draft) at the point of entry. IO ask everyone this question " How much amount do you carry?" then you have to tell the figure. Then he/she will write that amount on your landing paper, provided your figure equals/exceeds the minimum amount required to carry based on your no. of dependents. In good faith, most of the time- say @ 70% of the time they don't actually count it, it doesn't mean that we should lie about the amount and face the emberassment when the IO asks to actually show it.

About the declaring of funds, suppose you are carrying @$21,000 for total of 4 members. You don't have to declare it since you are carrying that amount for four members, @ $5250 each. On the other hand if you are carrying more that $40,000 (among 4) then you MUST declare it, otherwise you have to face heavy penalty.

Hope it helps.

wave230

Jun 13, 2011
SISH7255 said:
No dear, IO's have full authority to check it. They have checked mine and for many landed immigrants I know. During the application process you have to show the funds in the form of bank statement, and you have to confirm it (by actually showing the money or draft) at the point of entry. IO ask everyone this question " How much amount do you carry?" then you have to tell the figure. Then he/she will write that amount on your landing paper, provided your figure equals/exceeds the minimum amount required to carry based on your no. of dependents. In good faith, most of the time- say @ 70% of the time they don't actually count it, it doesn't mean that we should lie about the amount and face the emberassment when the IO asks to actually show it.

About the declaring of funds, suppose you are carrying @ $21,000 for total of 4 members. You don't have to declare it since you are carrying that amount for four members, @ $5250 each. On the other hand if you are carrying more that $40,000 (among 4) then you MUST declare it, otherwise you have to face heavy penalty.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for this info..I've been looking for posts about the POF when landing..So to be sure, I guess I'll just have to bring the fu amount in bank draft and cash just to be sure. However, is it going to be a hassle? I know there's a form to fill out and everything but apart from that, is there anything else that is required if I'l be bringing around $11,200? Thanks :)

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Maliha1986 said:
Thanks for the reply,
My sister and brother are living there since 2004. They will support me in the begning. If there is no other way to pass this step with defficiency of funds then i would try to mannage it but this is too difficult..
Since you have already satisfied VO about availability of funds, i think, there is no need to prove it second time to IO at POE. If asked about insufficient funds, you can tell IO that you would remit the remaining funds later on. I have not heard of anyone who has been denied entry into Canada just because he/she was not carrying enough funds. If you carry more than CAD10,000 in cash, per head, then only declaration is required.

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
I AGREE 100%

Thommo said:
Since you have already satisfied VO about availability of funds, i think, there is no need to prove it second time to IO at POE. If asked about insufficient funds, you can tell IO that you would remit the remaining funds later on. I have not heard of anyone who has been denied entry into Canada just because he/she was not carrying enough funds. If you carry more than CAD10,000 in cash, per head, then only declaration is required.

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
SISH7255 said:
Dear,

You can't enter Canada with defficiency of funds, don't take that risk. The Port authority in Canada might send you back to your home country once they discover it. Sell your property in your home country, still you can't make it then borrow from somebody and return the amount once you land here.

Wish you all the best.

Have you seen any similar case (sent back home for not having enough funds upon entry)?? or is it just a theory?!!!

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
KLM01 said:
Have you seen any similar case (sent back home for not having enough funds upon entry)?? or is it just a theory?!!!
Have you seen anyone who is allowed to enter with short of funds? I haven't seen either.

Neither I know anyone who sent back home due to that reason. However, if i were you, I woulden't have taken that risk. Already we have taken lots of pain, waiting, frustration, put lot of money and got our PR visas and then risking it such a way, without a full knowlwdge is foolishness.

I suggest you to PM our seniors such as Qorax, Leon, PMM and ask them this question. They are very knowledgeable members, they will guide you through. Furthermore find out such people who have entered Canada with lesser amount than required. My point is, don't take that risk unless you know the full consequences. It is very expensive game to play.

mkt

Nov 1, 2011
Dear all
I have submitted the POF with application in Sept'11 as Bank Certificate & Statement of 03 SAVINGS ACCOUNTS of mine & 01 DPS accounts of my wife. At present there are some withdrawal & deposition in these accounts & now my account is quite below the figure that i had declared to CIC. Does it be a negative effects on my file?

Another issues are-

My POF is in savings accounts and as IDLE MONEY. If I withdraw all of my POF and make it FIXED DEPOSIT in ANOTHER BANK, does it make negative impact on my file?

I have withdrawn my POF to purchase a land JOINTLY where MY PORTION is mentioned in the STAMP (DOCUMENT). If VO raises query, how can explain MY POF STATUS?

Expecting of your valuable suggestion.

Thanking you