+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request vs. PCC for Canada

moonlightshadow

Jun 14, 2024
Hello,

I have requested and obtained a PCC for Canada a month ago, but I did not sent it along with my application. It is just sitting there as back up document.

My question is, in case I do receive a fingerprint request from IRCC as my application is being processed, can I attach PCC scan document as reply to fingerprint request?

Can you please clarify how does it works.

Thank you in advance.
Regards

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I have requested and obtained a PCC for Canada a month ago, but I did not sent it along with my application. It is just sitting there as back up document.

My question is, in case I do receive a fingerprint request from IRCC as my application is being processed, can I attach PCC scan document as reply to fingerprint request?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Was PCC needed for your Citizenship application?

moonlightshadow

Jun 14, 2024
Was PCC needed for your Citizenship application?
PCC for Canada was not needed. I initially thought it was needed but reading more about the subject I realized it was not needed so I did not submit it as part of my application.

Can this PCC document be at least useful in case of fingerprint request?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

Thank you in advance.
Regards
If you get FP request, you need to do it . RCMP automatically send results to your local IRCC office . Sending PCC won’t work. Also FP are valid for 1 year. If it expires while your application is stuck being processed, you will have to do it again when requested.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Was it an RCMP Certified criminal record check (i.e. One that required your fingerprints vs just a name-based record check?) If not, then the PCC you have is useless for the purpose of a fingerprint request from IRCC.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
PCC for Canada was not needed. I initially thought it was needed but reading more about the subject I realized it was not needed so I did not submit it as part of my application.

Can this PCC document be at least useful in case of fingerprint request?
No it won't be.